Clearance Issues with fork... will these tires fit?

Related:
Create New Tag

1/9/2017 10:08 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/9/2017 10:11 AM

I've been looking into the Eclat Fireball Tires, and I found a pair on sale for $25 each. The only problem is, the inflated diameter is 21" whereas on my current tires its 20.8" They both inflate to 2.44, so its height and not width that's an issue.

Here's a picture of my current forks and tire (shadow valor, 2.44 inflated width and 20.8 inflated height)

Photo

So will the extra .2" rub at all? I just want to be sure it'll fit before I spend $50 on tires.

|

Ride hard or Ride home.
Pink N’ Pretty

Instagram
@tarsales

1/9/2017 10:45 AM

The tiniest little buckle could send you. You're already really pushing it with your current tyre

|

1/9/2017 11:24 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

The tiniest little buckle could send you. You're already really pushing it with your current tyre

I can only find them in 2.40 for the black and white that I want, ultimately I'd get them in 2.30 but I can only find them on 1 website that's based in Belgium

|

Ride hard or Ride home.
Pink N’ Pretty

Instagram
@tarsales

1/9/2017 11:27 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/9/2017 4:18 PM

No way. Don't push your luck. Any bigger, and your just asking to go OTB. Why do you need any larger than what you have now? The only benefit I can see is, they look kinda cool, but fat tires feel like shit.
I saw someone eat shit hard because of this same problem. Not a risk I'd take.

|

1/9/2017 12:07 PM

Ggallin has not experienced the many benefits fat tires.To each their own my friend. All tires inflate differently so unless you've personally installed this combination we have no way to know if they will fit. what air pressure do you ride? I used to rub my steerer on my premium 2.4 tires at 65 psi but at 40 psi they were good to go. I'd say to OP look at all options. Ride your bike how you want

|

1/9/2017 2:47 PM

If anyone knows of a website I could get these in 2.30 and in black and white, that'd be awesome...

|

Ride hard or Ride home.
Pink N’ Pretty

Instagram
@tarsales

1/9/2017 3:04 PM

You should be fine if yours wheels are kept fairly true, if anything, just dropped your psi a little. Ive ran tire with less clearance than that without any issue and for anything that would rub, lower the psi.

|

REFS-

Vital- KyMike, FEDEXdoobie, adrenalinebmx ,MaximusBikes
Bmx-forum-Tumitama, archerbiker9(2x), mrsanchezz, nguyenna, JoeyBones, fast-and-loose and many others
Also multiple sales on global-flat.com and PinkBike. Theres to many to list all. Most sales are done through texting I havent been able to keep track of who is who.

1/9/2017 4:10 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/9/2017 4:17 PM

chiefndaily wrote:

Ggallin has not experienced the many benefits fat tires.To each their own my friend. All tires inflate differently so unless you've personally installed this combination we have no way to know if they will fit. what air pressure do you ride? I used to rub my steerer on my premium 2.4 tires at 65 psi but at 40 psi they were good to go. I'd say to OP look at all options. Ride your bike how you want

Fat tires are fine, if that's your thing. He already has fat tires though. I know the benefits of fatter tires, and he already has it. Going any wider won't have much benefit, besides a possible injury, but do your thing... And we know exactly how they will fit. .2 taller. He already stated this. Why risk eating shit? Do you see how close that tire is? One little hop in the rim, and he could die, but yeah, whatever do what you want

|

1/9/2017 8:40 PM

After hearing everyone's input, I think I'll just order the Eclat Fireball tire in 2.30, in black.

|

Ride hard or Ride home.
Pink N’ Pretty

Instagram
@tarsales

1/9/2017 8:43 PM

i believe dans sells spacers you can put in your forks for this issue

|

MIDWEST MOTHER FUCKER

Bike Check
Bought from Tomdon, and ScramHype

1/9/2017 8:52 PM