Clearing big double

Related:
Create New Tag

8/24/2019 8:17 PM

Im having issues clearing this big dirt double with my bike. I know if I go fast and boost hard I will clear the jump easily, it's just that I have confidence issues with doubles because if I mess up, then I usually crash hard. Any tips?

|

I like riding my bike.

8/24/2019 8:38 PM

I'd start with a helmet and bar ends installed.

|

8/24/2019 8:52 PM

Go fast and pad up

|

8/24/2019 10:14 PM

Follow someone that has it so you know the speed you need

|

8/24/2019 11:36 PM

Stay relaxed so you don’t freeze in the air. If you’re not going to make it, throw the bike, if you freeze up and stay on the bike you’ll eat a lot of shit

|

8/25/2019 3:49 AM

There’s a set of trails by me that always have plywood or pallet bridges connecting the lip and landings that beginners put there to work on getting the jump dialed, then they take away the wood and are good to go. Maybe try this, but just be aware that if you didn’t build the jump, it’s generally frowned upon, so ask first. good luck.

|

Ride everything

8/25/2019 1:21 PM

If anything, short ones are more dangerous because you have less time to adjust for the landing. wink

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

8/26/2019 7:02 AM

Pad up, helmet, and follow someone who is comfortable on it to gauge speed. DON'T jump it if you are shaking.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

8/26/2019 7:42 AM

Just frontflip it, it helps going further.

|