Clicking

Related:
Create New Tag

3/23/2016 9:47 AM

My hub is making this annoying clicking noise on each rotation and its driving me insane. I have no clue what it is and its a Rant hub that came with my Subrosa complete. shitty hub, but does anyone know what the problem might be? Any help at all is appreciated

|

"The best thing about riding is riding,being on your bike doing your own thing not really thinking about anything else, just riding" -Mark Webb

3/23/2016 10:12 AM

Funny that. My hub clicks quite a lot. it's the pawls clicking on the ratchet ring.....

Does it happen only while pedalling? Not pedalling?When you're on the bike? When you're not on the bike?

|

3/23/2016 10:50 AM

It happens when I'm not pedaling and on the bike. It's not the regular cassette noise, its a little bit slower of a ticking.

|

"The best thing about riding is riding,being on your bike doing your own thing not really thinking about anything else, just riding" -Mark Webb

3/23/2016 10:51 AM

SubrosaRider99 wrote:

It happens when I'm not pedaling and on the bike. It's not the regular cassette noise, its a little bit slower of a ticking.

Do u have a hubguard?

|

3/23/2016 10:53 AM

No

|

3/23/2016 11:42 AM

Do you have a brake? Could be a stray cable tapping something. Could be that your wheels a touch buckled, or a snapped spoke. Could be one of your springs/pawls are damaged. Could be a lot of things.

|

3/23/2016 1:35 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

Do you have a brake? Could be a stray cable tapping something. Could be that your wheels a touch buckled, or a snapped spoke. ...more

This. Might even be a small pebble or something in the rim.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

3/23/2016 3:57 PM

Just take everything apart and see if anything's damaged

|

3/24/2016 7:30 AM

Broke spring or pawl

|

3/24/2016 8:37 AM

maybe loose spoke

|

My Ride
My Other Ride
I've sold stuff to Ecuadevil, LLURider, and Mario.villegas90 with no complaints.
IG: evildeadhands

3/24/2016 3:22 PM

I think i found the problem, I've got a seriously bent spoke. I just don't know how to fix it. Any suggestions? i plan on getting a whole new rear wheel when i have the money, should i just leave it for a bit more or try and fix it?

|

3/24/2016 3:35 PM

Bend it straight or take it out, replace it if you want but you should be able to true your wheel enough with only one missing

|

3/25/2016 5:59 PM

If the spoke doesn't solve your problem, strip the hub and rebuild with grease.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike.
@scootereyn

3/25/2016 9:03 PM

how dangerous is the bent spoke? That is definitely the source of the sound. If its not too concerning I'm not planning on fixing it because i plan on getting a whole new rear wheel.

|