Clicking every crank turn?

Related:
Create New Tag

5/10/2013 7:42 PM

So I recently got a new 2012 WeThePeople Crysis and every time my right pedal is at the bottom of its rotation I can feel and faintly hear a clicking. It doesn't affect my pedaling at all, but it kindof scares me. I can't afford any shop stuff, so I need your guys' suggestions! (I'm pretty sure my chain is clean, but I don't know)

Any ideas?

Photo

|

5/10/2013 7:44 PM

Fucked bearings, or your cranks are loose

|

i used to like pork till i found out it came from cops...

5/10/2013 7:44 PM

Btw bike looks real nice

|

i used to like pork till i found out it came from cops...

5/10/2013 7:54 PM

idk i have the same thing i find that it will go on and off

|

5/10/2013 7:57 PM

my bike does this from time to time. but i have a link in my chain thats gay and no link to replace it. so chain lube solves my problem. it could be your sprocket bolt also. it may be causing a tight spot and the chain is leaving the sprocket at an angle causing this noise.

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

5/10/2013 7:57 PM

make sure cranks are tight, make sure sprocket isn't bent & is properly aligned, check bearings, check hub bearings, and check your pawls to make sure they aren't wearing out already. also check your chain

|

5/10/2013 8:36 PM

Make sure your other crank arm isn't hitting your brake pad nut. Lol. My sons brake cable stretched and allowed the brake to open wider than normal and started doing this. The funny part was when it hit hard enough to apply the brake for a split second and made him think he was going to go otb.

|

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.

5/10/2013 8:38 PM

It's probably like a bomb that's about to explode. I don't think it's safe to ride.

|

Check out my youtube channel!! http://www.youtube.com/user/mikel8149

5/10/2013 10:18 PM

Make sure your pedals are tight

|

"if you feel yourself falling backwards, thrust forward like you would if you were indeed fucking your bike, and if youre falling forwards, push your legs while leaning back, like if you were pulling out from fucking your bike But dont, under any circumstances, actually fuck your bike" - EddiMundo

5/17/2013 7:20 AM

If you have bolt-drive cranks (which you most likely do), the sprocket will have tight spots, all of them do unless you run spline drive. So, if your chain is too tight it could be that making the clicking sound. Also, i would take your spindle out and put a thin layer of grease on it, then make sure all the bolts are decently tight.

|

Pop a tire I'm sweatin'.

5/17/2013 7:31 AM

luke_dawg wrote:

If you have bolt-drive cranks (which you most likely do), the sprocket will have tight spots, all of them do unless you run spline drive. So, if your chain is too tight it could be that making the clicking sound. Also, i would take your spindle out and put a thin layer of grease on it, then make sure all the bolts are decently tight.

That's not even true dude. If you have tight spots, your sprocket is either off center or bent a bit.

|

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.

5/17/2013 7:56 AM

luke_dawg wrote:

Not true, and Spline drive sprockets can have tight spots as well.

|

5/17/2013 8:49 AM

luke_dawg wrote:

BMX_Forever wrote:

They can, but it is drastically less tight than on bolt drive, if there even is any. Tight spots on spline drive sprockets all depend on how well they are installed, because there actually is a right way to do it. If it is crooked and ends up looking like a bolt drive (crooked), then yeah you will have a major tight spot.

|

Pop a tire I'm sweatin'.

5/17/2013 9:19 AM

luke_dawg wrote:

BMX_Forever wrote:

luke_dawg wrote:

They can, but it is drastically less tight than on bolt drive, if there even is any. Tight spots on spline drive sprockets all depend on how well they are installed, because there actually is a right way to do it. If it is crooked and ends up looking like a bolt drive (crooked), then yeah you will have a major tight spot.

Spline drive sprockets can bend too.
And if you mean when brand new, you're right to a certain extent, but no sprocket comes perfectly round, they will alwasy be slightly out of shape, even if it isn't noticeable.

|

5/17/2013 11:44 AM

my cranks starded doing this the other day, usually for me its been the pedals fucking up but idk about that because that only happened with the odyssey pc pedals, i ride jc pcs for life now because everything else sucks for grip

my cranks have been creeking allot to so it may be the bearings but they also feel like they shift back n forth from pressure well up and down

|

Albes Is Rad!!!
Bike Check
YouTube
Instagram
Blood Life
Signature Trick : Foot Plant Whip
future FBM wrote: Finally once we can share a momen
andyferly wrote: OneEyeIlluminatiGuy has spoken.
These bars are officially stupid.