Closed chains

Related:
Create New Tag

7/13/2018 8:54 PM

Does anyone know how to put a closed chain (no link breaker/ adjuster) onto a bmx as I found one and I'm trying to put it on my bmx but I don't know how to go about it without breaking it

|

7/13/2018 9:05 PM

You're gonna have to break the chain dude. You can't do that. So just take it to a shop and get it put on there... becasue you'll have to break it..

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

7/14/2018 12:47 AM

It can't be put on without breaking

|

Hmmm

7/14/2018 1:23 AM

You have to break the chain with chain breaker

|

7/14/2018 3:56 AM

As above. Also, if the chain you found isn't 1/2" by at least 1/8", it will not fit.

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

7/14/2018 12:45 PM

If you have a hammer and a vice you can punch out pins but a chain breaker is the way to go. So much easier...

|

7/14/2018 1:03 PM

how is this even a question?

|

7/14/2018 3:10 PM

Just dont buy walmart bell chain breaker because my kmc chain broke the walmarts chain breaker

|

7/14/2018 8:21 PM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

You're gonna have to break the chain dude. You can't do that. So just take it to a shop and get it put on there... becasue you'll have to break it..

True that and while you are at the shop if you don’t have a breaker buy one. Keep it in mind the cheaper the breaker the shorter it will last. If you can get a Park, unless you really goof up, it can break most 1/2 link chains too. NOTE: 2 lower end Park chain breakers don’t do well with 1/2 links. The rest are pretty good

|

7/14/2018 8:25 PM

thetor88 wrote:

Just dont buy walmart bell chain breaker because my kmc chain broke the walmarts chain breaker

True I got one for $10.00 free shipping on Amazon and it has broke a Shadow Supreme chain like nothing. Photo
Photo

No idea what brand but it works great and it has a warranty

|