Clutch V2 simple slack modification!

Related:
Create New Tag

4/11/2018 6:52 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/11/2018 7:11 AM

For those of you interested, on my unit the two plastic rings included had one threaded hole each. I used this to my advantage as I ran out of adjustment at a bit more than an 1/8 or a crank. I wanted to have it feel a little bit tighter do I decided to put another set screw and thread them so they are working against eachother. Photo

I have a bunch of set screws and screws in general from doing retail construction for 4 years and airsoft gun repair for some years. You could also just take your set screw that comes with the cluutch and buy a second one the same size or a bit longer depending on how much adjustment you need.

Make sure and put the ring that has the screw you are not needing to adjust closest to the outer bearing. Also make sure neither of the set screws will rub against the inside of the hubshell when installed.

I have successfully got less slack now. I think because of my 23-9 gearing, I ran out of adjustment quicker...since I kinda started with more slack than what a 25 or 28 would have from the get go.

Also, I know one of my rings is cracked. Empirebmx sent it to me this way....in contact with odyssey at the moment to get it resolved.

|

4/11/2018 7:11 AM

I read airsoft gun repair, you play airsoft?
Airsoft is the bomb, I used to take it as seriously as BMX.

|

Gave up on BMX to hang out with 13 year old soundcloud rappers, what a life, such a cool guy!
-Sheldon on Adam22

"The only future for BMX"

Yeah, kids getting shit bikes, breaking them and then quitting. LOL
-jbales on mafiaBIKES

I’ve been a 14 year old beginner for the last ten years
-adamnmexican

4/11/2018 7:17 AM

HavokDJ wrote:

I read airsoft gun repair, you play airsoft?
Airsoft is the bomb, I used to take it as seriously as BMX.

I used to take it super serious as well went out 2 times a week at least and sometimes more when my buddies had weekdays off. but decided to take a break from it because of my knee surgery and never really went back full time because I didnt want to risk damaging my surgery.

I have played many times since my surgery but nowhere near the amount I used to...I miss it but I also feel I had my share of it. I have a funny story about how I broke some ribs at a milsim event.

|