Clutch v2

Related:
Create New Tag

1/30/2020 9:56 AM

So iv just bought the odyssey clutch v2 and I've rode it for about 8 hours in total but it is making squeaking noises and they're louder when I manual. I think the bearing are going but how can this be the case when I've had the wheel less than a week

|

1/30/2020 10:13 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/30/2020 10:14 AM

Have you grinded without a guard?
Have you checked the cones for cracks? I've seen the driveside cone crack on one of those hubs.
Are you sure it's not the spokes? They loosen as they bed in.
Have you taken the wheel off and tried turning the axle by hand?

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

1/30/2020 6:20 PM

Mark_Steele wrote:

So iv just bought the odyssey clutch v2 and I've rode it for about 8 hours in total but it is making squeaking noises and they're louder when I manual. I think the bearing are going but how can this be the case when I've had the wheel less than a week

As p1p stated, Its most likely the spokes. If you grab a pair of nearly parallel spokes and squeeze them together, do they move more than lie a 1/4 inch? Or when you pluck them like a tight string, does it make a low pitched "thunk" or a high pitched "ting" noise?

|