Coalition Holy Cross v3 Bars

Related:
Create New Tag

10/10/2013 7:31 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/10/2013 7:32 PM

Had these a while ago, noticed they were flexing and got some tree bars from a m8 and then traded the trees for some less than a year old Mutiny Glam v2s and noticed they flex too. Now I'm wanting some taller bars again and could probably get my crosses back from my friend I gave em too.

They seem to flex a good amount when I put all my wait on my grips. Is this normal for bars and I've just never noticed it before?

Also, are they any good? I can't seem to find any reviews anywhere. Has anybody had/have em? How long have you been riding them? Why'd you stop (if you did)? Any other information would be nice.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

10/10/2013 7:45 PM

Also, what's the roughest gaps/falls/landings/etc. you've put them through?

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

10/10/2013 9:32 PM

I'm 265, so bars flex for me. I did notice that my Hoders, which are heat treated, flex less than my Perfect 10's, which are not. I'm sure the extra leverage plays a part in it as well though. As far as getting the Holy cross bars back, I wouldn't if your friend rides very hard. Bars are just too big of a safety issue to me. I'd always rather just get new/ lightly used ones. Cracks can be obvious, but fatigue isn't. Not sure if that helps or I just rambled, haha.

|

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.

10/10/2013 9:36 PM

Not many people bought them due to the holes in the crossbar. Comes off as weak. i wouldn't ride them if they were free!

|

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

10/11/2013 1:23 PM

There's a pair that's been floating around my local bmx community for a couple years, almost everyone who rides and is over the age of 15 has had them at some point. When I had them, they held up fine. I took some gnarly crashes, can't remember any specific ones. currently a friend of mine is polishing them for fun and might throw them back on.

|

I don't support slut shaming, but I do support snake shaming you snaky bastard

10/11/2013 2:29 PM

I have heat treated bars that hardly have any noticeable flex. The only bars that really tend to flex are ones that are butted too much, have holes in them, and are just not heat treated. My Butters seem to not at all in comparison to past bars.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.