Coaster Life

Related:
Create New Tag

4/24/2013 8:59 PM

I got my coaster today... I got a small sesh in too.
Coasters are sick. excluding you cant give that extra little crank to get your speed up if youre a little slow...

Im really loving half cabs with it. They feel great.

But....my hub has some side play in it. i checked all the bearings. Theyre fine. i also made sure the hardware was tight. the play is very minimal. I was just wondering what might be causing it or if thats normal...

Also... has anyone ever noticed the hate from other riders?

and to anyone that is currently riding a coaster... how much slack do you run? i ride full slack and hate it when i get on someone elses bike and they have like no slack. whats your preference?

|

Refs:
Bought from: Tito24, tinybikerider33 (x2), RideBikesYoo, hookjrclc, MrHavoc1988, ScramHype, BigOleMonster
Sold to: Jared42069 (x2), Sancheezz, blueep3piece, Marco_Gonzalez, Riverside Rider, HardBMX_Tim
Traded: tomdon
Hooked me up: zachhendrix, oscar7588

Personal Email: snmloverbmx@hotmail.com
n-dür product info/ order email: ndur_bmx@outlook.com
n-dür on facebook

4/24/2013 9:02 PM

Max slack. Didn't think I'd like it at first but now I love it. Can't stand the engagement of cassettes anymore.

As for the hate, I let them ride my bike, but I be sure to do a quick back crank real fast, so when they go to pedal they bash their knee. Pretty funny.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

4/24/2013 9:07 PM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

Max slack. Didn't think I'd like it at first but now I love it. Can't stand the engagement of cassettes anymore.

As for the hate, I let them ride my bike, but I be sure to do a quick back crank real fast, so when they go to pedal they bash their knee. Pretty funny.

Just wondering, which hub is it?

|

4/24/2013 9:10 PM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

ya lol i got called a pussy because i 180ed between 2 of my friends...fakied like a half a block the half cabbed out while still between them. so i just said lets just see you fakie with a coaster. handed the kid my bike and he hops on and kills his knee. then he 180s and tries using pedal pressure to pivot out an dies. he decided to shut up lol

|

Refs:
Bought from: Tito24, tinybikerider33 (x2), RideBikesYoo, hookjrclc, MrHavoc1988, ScramHype, BigOleMonster
Sold to: Jared42069 (x2), Sancheezz, blueep3piece, Marco_Gonzalez, Riverside Rider, HardBMX_Tim

n-dür on facebook

4/24/2013 9:11 PM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

DialedGuerraBmx wrote:

i have a KHE astern

|

Refs:

n-dür on facebook

4/24/2013 9:15 PM

DialedGuerraBmx wrote:

I have a Federal V3. Shitty shemale axle.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴

4/24/2013 9:44 PM

I want a freecoaster sooo bad ! But iuno how long they last with no maintence, I suck at it. And I can't fakie out for sh*t and i use pedal pressure, so maybe later when I get better.

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

4/25/2013 4:26 AM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

I want a freecoaster sooo bad ! But iuno how long they last with no maintence, I suck at it. And I can't fakie out for sh*t and i use pedal pressure, so maybe later when I get better.

Ya. You should hold off. And coasters require constant maintenance... So if you dont take care of it, it will be shit pretty quick.. And if you cant get fakies with a cassette, you probably shouldnt get a coaster

|

Refs:

n-dür on facebook

4/25/2013 6:00 AM

SnM An1mal wrote:

Ya. You should hold off. And coasters require constant maintenance... So if you dont take care of it, it will be shit pretty quick.. And if you cant get fakies with a cassette, you probably shouldnt get a coaster

My buddy joe ran a Reverse he bought used 3rd hand and cleaned it out one time. Still going on a different kids bike now. For the most part if they work well, a lot of people I know leave them. If they have issues, then they fix it.

I have overhauled mine maybe 4 times in 3 years, BUT I rarely ride it.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

4/25/2013 6:05 AM

SnM An1mal wrote:

dave lawrence wrote:

My buddy joe ran a Reverse he bought used 3rd hand and cleaned it out one time. Still going on a different kids bike now. For the most part if they work well, a lot of people I know leave them. If they have issues, then they fix it.

ya, i ride like at least 3x a week for a few hours. so idk how much ill have to maintain it, but i put a good bit of grease on my driver last night to help it be a little smoother. I absolutely love it so far...

|

Refs:

n-dür on facebook

4/25/2013 11:00 AM

SnM An1mal wrote:

dave lawrence wrote:

SnM An1mal wrote:

ya, i ride like at least 3x a week for a few hours. so idk how much ill have to maintain it, but i put a good bit of grease on my driver last night to help it be a little smoother. I absolutely love it so far...

Im not buying a coaster then haha
I ride about 4-8 hours a day sometimes alot more like 10 hours or even 10-10 or even longer sometimes.
6 days a week too. I only work 1 day a week.

|

Instagram

Refs:tomdon x4,Xxohioanxx,BigCurn, Don't remember the rest

4/25/2013 1:03 PM

I like minimal slack just because pedal pressure in a pinch is nice.

|

I seek progression, not perfection.

Refs:Beastassdickwink~Dk/oldschool908~TheLilozzy~jaypee23~Bstick~agfracing~MoyBoy5~RIDE a BIKE~wade5~Mattmuldoon@hotmail.com x2~jakebikes~ joe loves shadow~ diss diqq~ k1ng~fly for life x2~spikez5~four~jb07~mike duda~ DORbmx~ bobPA~superstarDK

4/25/2013 1:07 PM

I ride 2-5 hours a day, had my coaster for 4 months now. Never taken it apart and it's still just as good as it came. The whole "freecoasters are made out of thin glass" is not really true, at least anymore. My friend's had his KHE style coaster for 3-4 years and has never taken it apart. And he rides a lot.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴

4/25/2013 2:03 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/25/2013 2:06 PM

i use max slack , my hub has no side to side play :p so idk about that
also everyone with a cassette hates on how my hub is silent or how i "cheat"
and i have never taken any of my freecoasters apart , and never had any problems except my khe reverse made a horrible clicking sound but the person i gave it to fixed it

|

4/25/2013 2:53 PM

justin vogelsberger wrote:

i use max slack , my hub has no side to side play :p so idk about that
also everyone with a cassette hates on how my hub is silent or how i "cheat"
and i have never taken any of my freecoasters apart , and never had any problems except my khe reverse made a horrible clicking sound but the person i gave it to fixed it

i love saying freecoasters are cheating. i have a friend that rides one and i always tell him his tricks dont count because he has a coaster. but i do it as a joke. i dont mind coasters, just not for me. cant commit lmao

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

4/25/2013 6:59 PM

I've always liked free coasters but never owned one myself because i actually love having to back pedal when faking fast with a cassette but i can also ride free coasters really good to. as for the hate i don't really now whats up with that it's just another way of riding and thats it.
it would be a bit easier for my turn downs to fakie on the hips but thats it and i always tell people who are wining about free coasters to fakie without a chain and role out and they all eat shit so thats my fun

|

The first breath is the beginning of death

4/25/2013 7:10 PM

jamiespadina wrote:

I've always liked free coasters but never owned one myself because i actually love having to back pedal when faking fast with a cassette but i can also ride free coasters really good to. as for the hate i don't really now whats up with that it's just another way of riding and thats it.
it would be a bit easier for my turn downs to fakie on the hips but thats it and i always tell people who are wining about free coasters to fakie without a chain and role out and they all eat shit so thats my fun

reason i got into freecoasters is because i rode chainless for 3 weeks , pushed to school and pushed home and pushed to the skate park everyohter day when it was still open , i got a chain and my bike felt retarded instantly

|

4/25/2013 7:53 PM

jamiespadina wrote:

reason i got into freecoasters is because i rode chainless for 3 weeks , pushed to school and pushed home and pushed to the skate park everyohter day when it was still open , i got a chain and my bike felt retarded instantly

you sir are a bloody legend

|

The first breath is the beginning of death

4/25/2013 8:20 PM

jamiespadina wrote:

you sir are a bloody legend

haha gotta do what you gotta do , it wasnt too bad , pushing to and from school everyday sucked dick though , and it was funny once i got a chain i still pushed and i was like "wtf i dont need to push anymore "

|

4/25/2013 9:26 PM

haha gotta do what you gotta do , it wasnt too bad , pushing to and from school everyday sucked dick though , and it was funny once i got a chain i still pushed and i was like "wtf i dont need to push anymore "

Lol. And I got a coaster because I love riding backwards. I do it ALL the time. And idk how coasters are cheating... Theyre harder because of no pedal pressure. Everything has to be perfectly planned... And my buddy swore he was better than me with acoaster... So I set him up to bash his knee.... I just made sure it disengaged and handed it over. He didnt fall for it. But then he went to do a partial crank before his 180 and died... He lost lol

|

Refs:

n-dür on facebook

4/25/2013 9:28 PM

TheBrandonFranke wrote:

I ride about 4-8 hours a day sometimes alot more like 10 hours or even 10-10 or even longer sometimes.

Thats like me, but not really bmxing but just chilling haha.

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

4/26/2013 6:46 AM

TheBrandonFranke wrote:

Get the Karl Pointer Ezra coaster/cassette. It is both. So maintenance would be a little more involved than a cassette.

BJ has had his prototype for a long time with no issues, and he is rough on stuff.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

4/26/2013 7:48 AM

dave lawrence wrote:

Get the Karl Pointer Ezra coaster/cassette. It is both. So maintenance would be a little more involved than a cassette.

BJ has had his prototype for a long time with no issues, and he is rough on stuff.

how much slack is max slack on the ezra coaster

|

4/26/2013 8:29 AM

I really want a Coaster. I have rode Chainless for a whole day and other times as well, and I can now Fakie well like it. It feels so good. I probably land more things backwards than I do forwards. Only problem is I don't have the money for one.

|

4/26/2013 9:42 AM

When i had my coaster i ran it with mid slack, mine always made a funny noise when i would pedal hard.

|

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

4/26/2013 10:28 AM

i might be getting a shit coaster with some rnc parts im trying to get from a guy

i might make a build based on it to fuck around with

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "