Coaster Slack.. broken?

Related:
Create New Tag

9/4/2014 1:05 PM

I have the cult coaster as stated before in a previous thread.. but I usually have like 1/4 crank slack which is fine by me..

But I took my coaster apart to regrease it for the first time the other day after about 2 weeks riding it..

I put it back together in the EXACT same order it came out..

Tl;dr - when I am right foot forward I get 1/4 crank slack.. when I get to left food forward unless i am pedaling the coaster instantly FULLY disengages and I get half to full crank of slack or whatever till it engages... I took it all apart and everything is in great condition so I can't seem to find the issue... but I am left foot forward so its a pain in the ass because now I consistently hit my knee...

|

9/4/2014 1:13 PM

1 : Cult coasters have a crazy amount of issues

2 : Kind of confusing the way you worded it , but it sounds like the clutch ( what engages/disengages the driver ) is skipping , so take it apart and remove some of the grease from the internals of the coaster , and maybe tighten up the cone nuts too.

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

9/4/2014 1:31 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/4/2014 1:31 PM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

1 : Cult coasters have a crazy amount of issues

2 : Kind of confusing the way you worded it , but it sounds like the clutch ( ...more

I was supposed to get the colony but my LBS gave me LHD but I am RHD so I had to get this one or wait 3-4 weeks for next stock at the distro.. so I needed a wheel asap so I just got the cult one.. now I regret it.. picking up the helix the paycheck after its released.. and if its shit I will just get a federal lmfao.

My driver bearing is blown already and its only been 2 weeks lmfao.. are they warrantying drivers and shit because of the crazy amount of issues?

|

9/4/2014 2:03 PM

Shoot em a call/email for a warranty swap. Sounds like you got one of the garbage ones.

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

9/4/2014 2:10 PM

tomdon wrote:

Shoot em a call/email for a warranty swap. Sounds like you got one of the garbage ones.

Called cult.. they are down to send me a warranty bearing and maybe a driver.. I am super stoked! :D

|

9/4/2014 4:10 PM

tomdon wrote:

BLVCK wrote:

Called cult.. they are down to send me a warranty bearing and maybe a driver.. I am super stoked! :D

Glad to hear

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

9/4/2014 6:29 PM

Sounds like a problem with the grease. I say grease it and be sure you dont have too much or too little on the ball springs and the threads should be nice and greasy along with all the roller bearings.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

9/5/2014 9:12 AM

MaximusBikes wrote:

Sounds like a problem with the grease. I say grease it and be sure you dont have too much or too little on the ball springs ...more

This, but also make sure it is not too thick. Grease that is too thick can cause issues.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura