Coaster Wheel Advice

Related:
Create New Tag

5/29/2017 5:48 PM

Which should I get? Is the Ribcage worth the extra $33?

Sunday Cyclone laced to Gsport RibCage - $165

or

Sunday Cyclone laced to Sunday Thunder rim - $132

|

5/29/2017 5:50 PM

Roose87 wrote:

Which should I get? Is the Ribcage worth the extra $33?

Sunday Cyclone laced to Gsport RibCage - $165

or

Sunday Cyclone ...more

Gsport rims are awesome and very reliable, i would go with the ribcage

|

5/30/2017 5:15 AM

BMXisLIF3 wrote:

Gsport rims are awesome and very reliable, i would go with the ribcage

Thanks. Went with the Gsport wheel. Too good to pass up

|

5/30/2017 8:10 AM

For $33 I would say definitely go for the ribcage. If you don't ride too heavy, that rim could last 10 years.

|

5/30/2017 8:38 AM

ggallin422 wrote:

For $33 I would say definitely go for the ribcage. If you don't ride too heavy, that rim could last 10 years.

Yeah that's what I'm thinking. Nervous about the freecoaster. Never been on one. Ebay had 20% off any sporting goods through yesterday so I had to pull the trigger. If I had that wheel built it'd be like $250 minimum.

|

6/1/2017 3:10 AM

ggallin422 wrote:

Roose87 wrote:

Yeah that's what I'm thinking. Nervous about the freecoaster. Never been on one. Ebay had 20% off any sporting goods through ...more

Keep the slack on your coaster low to start and you will have no problem. It will engage faster than your average FC this way but you will still have a bit of pedal stroke before it engages compared to a cassette.

Yes, the GSport is worth the money. Maybe the strongest rim made. You probably see them getting bent and stuff in YouTube videos. But remember that the people doing that also flair, flip and whip every other trick. Plus, as long as you check your spoke tension every now and then it will be fine. Most of the people who mess them up get them free and might never check the tension of their spokes.

|

6/1/2017 8:45 AM

damn wish I knew about ebay sale. gsport is good I have birdcages

|

6/1/2017 11:01 AM

ggallin422 wrote:

Roose87 wrote:

Yeah that's what I'm thinking. Nervous about the freecoaster. Never been on one. Ebay had 20% off any sporting goods through ...more

Gack2000 wrote:

Keep the slack on your coaster low to start and you will have no problem. It will engage faster than your average FC this way ...more

Thanks for the tips. Do coasters come at like "medium" slack? Or will I need to make adjustments before i throw it on my bike?

|