Coasters of the Free! (not another new coaster thread)

Related:
Create New Tag

11/7/2013 3:03 PM

I put on my freecoaster! haha It is finally fixed, and idk if any of you remember, but a while back the driver bearing exploded leaving the outer race stuck in. I talked to my friend, who has worked on cars his whole life about using a dremel and he saw my problem and took me and the freecoaster driver back to his garage and he took a pry bar and broke the damn thing out of there!! It popped out and dented the wall XD so if you have a friend with a vice, a pry bar, and a lot of rage, that is how you get those out. haha

Now, for the real thread topic: How does this freecoaster movement in BMX appeal to you? Do you think with the growing number of people riding coasters is a good thing, or a bad one? Is BMX riding getting better because of the freecoaster thing?
Do you think freecoasters are more fun than a cassette?

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

11/7/2013 3:31 PM

I think it was a revolution for flatland riders and techy park and street. One of the best things for bmx in my opinion.

|

11/7/2013 4:11 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/7/2013 4:17 PM

its just another style honestly, just like running pegs or anything like that, would i ride one probobly not i might try it, cuz i like seeing other people ride them an i think it would open up more lines

|

MIDWEST MOTHER FUCKER

Bike Check
Bought from Tomdon, and ScramHype

11/7/2013 6:44 PM

I like this free coaster "movement". Adds some variety in bmx and opens up a lot of trick possibilities. I think that whole rumor that they were high maintenance kept a lot of people off them for so many years and now that a lot of the heavy street riders are running them more people are trying them out.
Do i think free coasters are more fun than cassette? Wouldn't say that, for me they both have their positives. With cassettes i like messing around with different tap tricks and stuff. On a coaster though doing fakie stuff just feels sooo smooth.

|

11/8/2013 8:06 AM

I want to get a Freecoaster, and i think they're fun. But I don't really care who is/isn't getting/using one because it's their choice.

|

11/8/2013 8:12 AM

Ill stick with my cassette

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

11/8/2013 8:57 AM

I want one. Just free coasting is so smooth.

|

Refs - Night Light(x2), TCbmx(x2), metalheadification, netty speghetti, Dee Hos, burkminipup, Jon_rides_Eastern, ridebmx34, ScramHype, Wolfen, mnsketch, EmpireMonopoly, howlerfbm, ThomasEller, ii Krxfted, zachhendrix, pcoco,

Phone - 704 - 797 - 6844