Coasting, Colored tires, and Theories

Related:
Create New Tag

8/30/2014 3:47 PM

Is BMX going back to it's heritage and having coasters, four pegs, four piece bars, wacky colored schemes. colored tires and maybe more originality?

http://assets.cyclingforums.com.s3.amazonaws.com/d/df/dfb5deb4_vbattach10593.jpg

http://unitedbikeco.com/products/2015-martinez-expert-complete-bike/

Can anyone else see the relation? There are others, but I will let you guys find em. haha
Are trends good or bad in your opinion? What kind of bike look isn't a trend? Does the economy effect how bikes look?

Do you like the latest trends?

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

8/30/2014 3:59 PM

Well... I just got my two more pegs in the mail the other day
Imma be ordering some Fit Benny 's in chrome soon because I need taller bars and the 4 up seems lush
Also, grey Donnasqueaks look nice,
haha

|

Bruh

8/30/2014 4:20 PM

Man when I rode park/street finding colored toes was a pain in the ass. And people always talked shit about my goofy colors and 4 pc bars. ...man fuck bmx now

|

It’s all bmx

8/30/2014 4:27 PM

adamnmexican wrote:

Man when I rode park/street finding colored toes was a pain in the ass. And people always talked shit about my goofy colors ...more

Haha i started with a coaster and wild colors.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

8/30/2014 4:27 PM

Zach P-D wrote:

Imma be ordering some Fit Benny 's in chrome soon because I need ...more

I agree, but donnasqueaks dont look right on some bikes though haha

|

8/30/2014 4:30 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/18/2014 9:37 PM

honestly people are just following trends but if they like it, good for them
its funny when i get called a swagfag until they find out ive been riding 4pc and a coaster for more than 2 years
colored tires look cool when new, and bad when dirty
im a fan of marbled ones, but only if its mostly black
i hate laffy taffy tires

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

8/30/2014 4:44 PM

colored tires only work on certain schemes. white tires just suck if ya ask me. get dirty too fast. and trends are like a revolving a door if that answers your question. bars for example- 80's-9-10 rise, 90's-7-8 rise, 2000's-8-9 rise, 2010's 9-10 rise. unless its something innovative that catches on, the trends will be like a revolving door looking back

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

8/30/2014 9:48 PM

I put on more pegs because I was running out of tricks haha.

|

8/30/2014 10:29 PM

green glh tyres were as mid school as you could get aha

|

8/31/2014 2:54 AM

Zach P-D wrote:

Stop copying me you lil bitch! Bennys and cufflinks, you fag! Thats mine. I insist you buy shit bars instead

|

NEW Bike check
That InstaGram ting - @EddiMundo
Raw Clips Edit

KriB Life YouTube channel (Click on the pic!)

8/31/2014 4:27 AM

Zach P-D wrote:

EddiMundo wrote:

Stop copying me you lil bitch! Bennys and cufflinks, you fag! Thats mine. I insist you buy shit bars instead

NEVERRRRRRR
I WILL EVEN SPRAY MY FRAME GREEN AND GET SOME MARBLE T/A'S
MUHHAHAHA
but you have red cufflinks, I want black or I may just stick to ODI's tbf

|

Bruh

8/31/2014 6:56 AM

I have colored tires but I just took my oppo pegs off yesterday so I guess that cancels it out?

|

"If you can't beat me on a bike, beat me off." -Will Stock

YouTube
Instagram (@WillStockSucks)

8/31/2014 7:59 AM

Zach P-D wrote:

EddiMundo wrote:

Zach P-D wrote:

NEVERRRRRRR
I WILL EVEN SPRAY MY FRAME GREEN AND GET SOME MARBLE T/A'S
MUHHAHAHA
but you have red cufflinks, I want black or I ...more

Ha. Good luck gettin it the same green! Nobody pulls off riding a christmas tree like me bro! And ha, good luck with the t/as, ive been destroying the sidewalls!

|

NEW Bike check
That InstaGram ting - @EddiMundo
Raw Clips Edit

KriB Life YouTube channel (Click on the pic!)

9/2/2014 9:26 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/2/2014 9:40 AM

BMX ALWAYS goes in cycles. Small bars were popular about 10 years ago, and I would bet they make a comeback at some point. Same with front brakes, and brakes in general. Tuck no handers were more commonly done by vert riders until maybe 5-6 years ago, then everyone started doing them. Suicide no handers disappeared for several years too, when seats were more commonly slammed.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

9/2/2014 9:35 AM

Don't forget about everybody riding Chicago bars. (bars are super far forward 80's style) Photo

|

9/2/2014 10:38 AM

18 inch top tubes is why so many people ran their bars so far forward. ^

|

9/2/2014 10:43 AM

surrealsickness wrote:

Don't forget about everybody riding Chicago bars. (bars are super far forward 80's style) Photo

I still think it is funny that people get longer TT frames to not be too cramped, and then put their bars forward too, which leans them out. It feels odd to me. Even with the fork within reason for this guy.

But yea, older styles come back, and fade out. Give it time and everyone will have front and rear brakes again for a while.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura