Cold weather making me spend money

Related:
Create New Tag

11/24/2013 3:53 AM

Hey guys now that the winter is drawing in I need a jacket for bmx'img in its gotta be warm but also look good at the same time anyone got any suggestions .

|

11/24/2013 4:42 AM

to be honest I would probably just get something thermal and just a hoodie over the thermal, instead of having a bulky jacket that keeps you warm but might get in the way

|

Welp, broke past 1000... yeeeee

My Youtube / RainBMX
My Insta / What_Is_Barspin

11/24/2013 4:46 AM

Gotta remember mate am in the uk at the moment constant rain and it's around 4degrees celcisus at the moment

|

11/24/2013 6:35 AM

lilchrissyy wrote:

Gotta remember mate am in the uk at the moment constant rain and it's around 4degrees celcisus at the moment

Huh.

Isn't that like 40ish degrees F?

It was 8 degrees this morning here.

Thermal is where it's at for warmth. Then get a THIN waterproof setup. Bulky = bad.

And honestly, WHO CARES HOW IT LOOKS? Function should be first.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

11/24/2013 9:19 AM

dave lawrence wrote:

Huh.

Isn't that like 40ish degrees F?

It was 8 degrees this morning here.

Thermal is where it's at for warmth. Then get a THIN waterproof setup. Bulky = bad.

And honestly, WHO CARES HOW IT LOOKS? Function should be first.

Haha, I thought the same thing Dave. Above freezing is jacket weather while riding. I put off way too much heat to wear a coat. It was 8 here as well, now were up to a whopping 20! Woo hoo!

|

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.

11/24/2013 9:44 AM

If i get a chance to do any real riding i wear an underarmour or 2 and a shortsleeve shirt along with a jacket. Sometimes its just a regular hoodie, others its a thinner windbreaker or just bigger hoodie. And i wear some long johns. I wear 2 pairs of socks. This usually keeps me quite warm. I also wear a hat, im looking into getting some gloves. Riding in the cold SUCKS. What i do every year is say no matter what, i will do a 360 and a barspin. Just find a place to ride and do it. Im gonna be flatlanding a bit in the winter too. Imma see if the shelters in the park near my house get the tables moved out of them, that way i can flatland in there everyday as long as i keep warm.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

11/24/2013 1:07 PM

Leather keeps you too warm. i was riding to my friends house in like 40 degree weather with him, i got too hot and took my jacket off. there was literally steam coming off of me, no lie

|

Refs: 360Xuprider, Hatebreeder, MrHavoc1988

Email: Shanebaker6969@yahoo.com

!!!My Bike Check!!!

11/24/2013 1:16 PM

Icant180 wrote:

Leather keeps you too warm. i was riding to my friends house in like 40 degree weather with him, i got too hot and took my jacket off. there was literally steam coming off of me, no lie

That steam was because leather doesn't breathe, it was your sweat.

Wool. Period. Warm and it wicks moisture well.

Hit up your local shop and ask about cold weather cycling gear, they can guide you well.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

11/24/2013 2:04 PM

Winters making me spend money not so wisely at times...... 100 bucks or more at the bar is becoming a normal thing damn this not being able to ride bikes in snow

|

11/24/2013 8:08 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

That steam was because leather doesn't breathe, it was your sweat.

Wool. Period. Warm and it wicks moisture well.

Hit up your local shop and ask about cold weather cycling gear, they can guide you well.

lol, whats wrong with being sweaty as fuck?? manly

|

Refs: 360Xuprider, Hatebreeder, MrHavoc1988

Email: Shanebaker6969@yahoo.com

!!!My Bike Check!!!