Collecting?

Related:
Create New Tag

11/26/2017 1:28 PM

Just wondering if anyone collects anything in particular? Obviously I've got a bit of a man crush on fbm. So this is what I've accumulated. Not pictured are my custom fbm frame, rumbleseat, nice pedals, pma stem, and Cb4k's as they're on my bike, and a supernaut sprocket. And taking photos of clothes seems a bit weird.....
Photo

Photo

Photo

I've actually put all these bits up for sale so someone can get some use out of them. I'll miss it all even though I have no use for any of it sad

|

11/26/2017 1:56 PM

That seat is awesome! How much?

|

11/26/2017 2:30 PM

That god damn seat!

|

11/26/2017 3:31 PM

Don't have a collection yet but as soon as I can I'll be collecting oldschool, midschool, and just plain rare stems. I've always loved stems for no reason and I'd just like to go and collect as much as I can

|

Follow me on instagram @69instagreg
BOTTOM TEXT

11/26/2017 3:40 PM

The throne seat? Sold now unfortunately. I wanted to keep it but it's going to a guy who's wanted one for ages. It'll be nice to see it getting some more use!

|

11/26/2017 3:49 PM

GCBMX69 wrote:

Don't have a collection yet but as soon as I can I'll be collecting oldschool, midschool, and just plain rare stems. I've always loved stems for no reason and I'd just like to go and collect as much as I can

Get out to those swap meets, people let those things go like crazy.

|

11/26/2017 4:02 PM

GCBMX69 wrote:

Super-Pawl wrote:

Get out to those swap meets, people let those things go like crazy.

That's where I was gonna start. I'm really after a coalition povah stem. Hopefully I'll be able to snatch one up that's my first target.

|

Follow me on instagram @69instagreg
BOTTOM TEXT

11/26/2017 6:41 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/26/2017 6:42 PM

I would do a handle bar collection now. And sprockets. I think those have a lot of character and cool designs.

I used to have a number plate collection from the 80's, but it got thrown away when I was out living life and my parents had the garage knocked down and rebuilt. Sort of sad I lost those. I had about 20 total. 5 were mine, had many from friends, and other older riders at the track who we idolized.

If I had the extra cash, i would DEFINITELY do an old Mongoose collection. 70's until the early 90's

|

I've Got sXe!!!
Up The Antix/Up The Punx
1988 Mongoose Caifornian Pro
2015 Surly Krampus

"Running Is dumb" - Dave Lawrence

11/26/2017 8:26 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/26/2017 8:27 PM

I just started riding again last year after a long decade brake. I've already accumulated 4 complete bikes worth of stuff, and for some reason 6 pairs of forks. So I guess I'll go with forks. I switch them around a lot, but I really do need to get rid of some of this stuff. I'm keeping 3 bikes, the rest I gotta sell one of these days. A sprocket collection seems like it would be cool. Easy to display, not a lot of space. Stems are cool too.

|

11/26/2017 10:41 PM

Yeah, sprockets, stems, and seats seem to have the most character. Especially now. If I was really into mid school bikes I'd probably want to collect frames. I'd rather ride my bike than look at bike parts though laughing

|

11/27/2017 5:41 AM

i hoard parts but end up giving them away locally lol. if i didn't give anything away i could build like 5 bikes lol

|

It’s all bmx

11/27/2017 5:42 AM

I have a metalbikes frame (that Im currently building up slowly), a NOS primo pentagon seat, and an unused Bone Deth leopard seat. Some NOS Alex Supra Sigmas (that I decided not to use last minute) and Sigma lights (same story). BSD westcoaster that I got when I wanted to try a freecoaster, used it for like a month and went back to cassette, always get second thoughts about selling it. A bunch more stuff thats escaped my mind now.

|

11/27/2017 6:34 AM

thairishguy wrote:

I have a metalbikes frame (that Im currently building up slowly), a NOS primo pentagon seat, and an unused Bone Deth leopard seat. Some NOS Alex Supra Sigmas (that I decided not to use last minute) and Sigma lights (same story). BSD westcoaster that I got when I wanted to try a freecoaster, used it for like a month and went back to cassette, always get second thoughts about selling it. A bunch more stuff thats escaped my mind now.

What Metal frame???

|

11/27/2017 9:47 AM

I wouldn't call it collecting just yet, but visiting my family this was brought out of the basement...flatland is what got me into riding, so I may turn this thing into an homage to the beginnings of flatland (with an upgraded fork obviously) There's something about these bikes, and the old GT performer my buddy has that makes me think of the mid-90s and being obsessed with everything BMX

Photo

|

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.

11/27/2017 10:56 AM

I like BSD seats. I run one time-to-time, but I'd love to have a bunch someday.

Right now, I've got Kriss Kyle's Passenger in red and Reed Stark's Safari in giraffe. In particular, the Midnight Safari is the one I'm after. Just gotta find an excuse to buy another seat...

|

Scooter kid trying to ride BMX.
Instagram: @scootereyn

11/27/2017 11:29 AM

TheDarkEnergist wrote:

I wouldn't call it collecting just yet, but visiting my family this was brought out of the basement...flatland is what got me into riding, so I may turn this thing into an homage to the beginnings of flatland (with an upgraded fork obviously) There's something about these bikes, and the old GT performer my buddy has that makes me think of the mid-90s and being obsessed with everything BMX

Photo

Alloy pork! Although even in the 90's I preferred simpler frames. My first bike was a 95 gt performer. But I got a dirt bike a year later

|

11/27/2017 11:34 AM

readybmxer wrote:

I like BSD seats. I run one time-to-time, but I'd love to have a bunch someday.

Right now, I've got Kriss Kyle's Passenger in red and Reed Stark's Safari in giraffe. In particular, the Midnight Safari is the one I'm after. Just gotta find an excuse to buy another seat...

I had a bit of a thing for seats for a while. I've got the 3 fbm seats, a shadow mid railled seat, animal nigel sylvester, 2 fit railled seats, and sold a few others I had.
I've also got an almost new profile mini cassette, s&m pitchfork xlt's, the make bars, but they're going on my son's big bike when I build that up (fbm halafast frame! It'll be a bit big for him for a while, but that gives us plenty of time to build it. I also got him some 160mm profile cranks XD)

|

11/27/2017 3:30 PM

TheDarkEnergist wrote:

Photo

Awsome. If I had it I'd definitely build it up with modern parts and ride it all the time.

|

11/27/2017 5:39 PM

thairishguy wrote:

Super-Pawl wrote:

What Metal frame???

Not a made in USA one though. Moon Unit.

|

11/28/2017 6:37 AM

ggallin422 wrote:

Awsome. If I had it I'd definitely build it up with modern parts and ride it all the time.

I did some research and it turns out, that's actually possible. 100% going to build this over time. I'm having a frame made for me that should be here around New Years, I plan on building that over the winter and having a really nice set of spare bikes, this being one of them.

|

1/2/2018 7:49 AM

Got some bars to add to the collection Photo
Nos!

|

1/2/2018 8:00 AM

Hahah holy crap man, what are those, 8" rise?

|

1/2/2018 8:13 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

Got some bars to add to the collection Photo
Nos!

Those hurt my back just looking at them!grin I know you hate this but, 10"s for me!

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

1/2/2018 8:28 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/2/2018 8:28 AM

I love wierd stems and also I'm a bit obsessed with cranks. If I had the spare money I would definitely collect stems, I despise this merritt one I have now.

|

Hmmm

1/2/2018 9:20 AM

TheDarkEnergist wrote:

These are 7.75. I remember having s&m slams, they're 8" and were considered big XD

|

1/2/2018 10:27 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/2/2018 10:27 AM

TheDarkEnergist wrote:

grumpySteve wrote:

These are 7.75. I remember having s&m slams, they're 8" and were considered big XD

Hahah damn!

I run SE powerwing bars and they're an 8.6" rise. After a while I realized running low bars on a front load stem has me pretty hunched over on the bike so I just ordered 10's. I have a feeling I'll be a little more comfortable with them.

If I ever find myself in the presence of weird and random FBM stuff, I'll steal something for you!

|

1/2/2018 10:54 AM

TheDarkEnergist wrote:

grumpySteve wrote:

TheDarkEnergist wrote:

Hahah damn!

I run SE powerwing bars and they're an 8.6" rise. After a while I realized running low bars on a front load stem has me pretty hunched over on the bike so I just ordered 10's. I have a feeling I'll be a little more comfortable with them.

If I ever find myself in the presence of weird and random FBM stuff, I'll steal something for you!

I use 8.8 on a frontload, I tried higher and couldn't get on with them.

That would be awesome XD although the bars are already spoken for, and the 45t sprocket has sold. I've got a nos 30t sprocket the same on its way to me and I really want to use it, but I might sell it on as I'd feel bad using nos stuff. I've had loads of interest in the bottleneck but no one will pay what I want for it :/

|

1/2/2018 1:36 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/2/2018 1:37 PM

I'm a one bike guy, so I know that if I started collecting stuff it would just turn into various complete bikes... lol

I do keep old/ used parts for spares.

|

1/2/2018 4:10 PM

those bars reminded me of the Sunday Color bars I have lying around here somewhere... 7.25" tall x 23.45" wide

|

1/2/2018 10:43 PM

Bryan91 wrote:

I'm a one bike guy, so I know that if I started collecting stuff it would just turn into various complete bikes... lol

I do keep old/ used parts for spares.

The worst thing is I've got a new frame on its way to me. I've got all these parts I bought because they're cool, but not enough parts to build a second bike. So I'll have to swap between frames depending what I want to ride

|