Colleges for BMX

Related:
Create New Tag

5/31/2013 7:53 PM

I've got one more day of my sophomore year left till I'm a junya. Junior year is when I actually have to start thinking seriously about where I wanna go to school since I'll be applying the summer after that year. I was wondering if there are any notoriously good or bad colleges for riding as far as the BMX scene goes. I'm from a place with no riding scene whatsoever, so I'm really excited to go to school where I'll be able to meet guys who love BMX like I do. I'd love I go to a good college that's located in an area that ha street and park spots and more importantly, a fair amount of riders. I've considered UCF since its in-state, but it's not a particularly good school. Any suggestions are appreciated.

|

Refs: element4all, kroller

5/31/2013 8:03 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/31/2013 8:08 PM

Lol OSU is nice.
I have met a few pro riders & ive only gone twice.
There is a park called Rampus where you can move the small shit around.
ALOT of riders here.
EDIT : REALLY FAR BUT I POSTED ANYWAY

|

Instagram

Refs:tomdon x4,Xxohioanxx,BigCurn, Don't remember the rest

5/31/2013 8:12 PM

TheBrandonFranke wrote:

Lol OSU is nice.
ALOT of riders here.

I think you're referring to Ohio State and not Oklahoma or Oregon haha. Assuming you are, I've heard a little about the Columbus scene and it seems cool from what I've heard.

|

Refs: element4all, kroller

5/31/2013 8:14 PM

SIRE wrote:

I think you're referring to Ohio State and not Oklahoma or Oregon haha. Assuming you are, I've heard a little about the Columbus scene and it seems cool from what I've heard.

Yes.
LOTS of stair sets, rails, ledges then rampus & 4 parks within a 30 min drive

|

Instagram

5/31/2013 8:18 PM

TheBrandonFranke wrote:

Yes.

Haha and the ghetto ass OSU park : D Ohio has a pretty good riding scene really.

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

5/31/2013 8:27 PM

SIRE wrote:

TheBrandonFranke wrote:

Yes.

Four wrote:

Haha and the ghetto ass OSU park : D Ohio has a pretty good riding scene really.

Yes. Just about everything major bmx wise is within an hour of OSU.

|

Instagram

5/31/2013 8:57 PM

UT is in Austin, which has epic trails and parks, and street, and pros, and Empire is in the city.

|

"Let it be heard: FOUR IS BACK MUH FUCKAZ"
Refs: Mobking, four, tomdon, Sickdude, xxOhioanxx onetrykid Krisner BMX
FBM Pizza Beer Roast Machine

5/31/2013 9:11 PM

We have the UIC campus here lots of ledges few empty fountains that are like bowls few small stairs lots of gaps and a decent amount of bikers

|

making half retarded post at the moment

5/31/2013 9:20 PM

Go with adam lz

|

I ride for my papou.
Cats got 9 lives I got four.

5/31/2013 9:26 PM

SickDude wrote:

Go with adam lz

Fuck adam lz.

|

5/31/2013 9:27 PM

Where i live is in a small college town called Bethany, WV. There is a pretty decent riding community here, we have all the ledges waxed, plenty of stairs and gaps, not too far from Pittsburgh if you wanna ride trails or park, and there are a bunch of kids that ride with me. If they all stick with it, there will be one crazy BMX scene here within the coming years, its actually always had kids in town that rode BMX, so it's really just how it is i guess.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

5/31/2013 9:43 PM

TheBrandonFranke wrote:

Lol OSU is nice.
ALOT of riders here.

SIRE wrote:

TheBrandonFranke wrote:

Yes.

Campus rampus is so fun. Shredded with zack gerber a few times. Tons of rails.

|

I seek progression, not perfection.

Refs:Beastassdickwink~Dk/oldschool908~TheLilozzy~jaypee23~Bstick~agfracing~MoyBoy5~RIDE a BIKE~wade5~Mattmuldoon@hotmail.com x2~jakebikes~ joe loves shadow~ diss diqq~ k1ng~fly for life x2~spikez5~four~jb07~mike duda~ DORbmx~ bobPA~superstarDK

5/31/2013 9:44 PM

Cleveland state would be rad. Cleveland street plus 8 or more outdoors and 3 indoors all within 45 minutes

|

Refs:Beastassdickwink~Dk/oldschool908~TheLilozzy~jaypee23~Bstick~agfracing~MoyBoy5~RIDE a BIKE~wade5~Mattmuldoon@hotmail.com x2~jakebikes~ joe loves shadow~ diss diqq~ k1ng~fly for life x2~spikez5~four~jb07~mike duda~ DORbmx~ bobPA~superstarDK

5/31/2013 9:46 PM

SickDude wrote:

Go with adam lz

Four wrote:

Fuck adam lz.

Hes really coll

|

I ride for my papou.

5/31/2013 9:50 PM

SickDude wrote:

Go with adam lz

Four wrote:

Fuck adam lz.

SickDude wrote:

Hes really coll

No not at all lol.

|

5/31/2013 9:50 PM

Four wrote:

Fuck adam lz.

SickDude wrote:

Hes really coll

Four wrote:

No not at all lol.

Not even slightly

|

5/31/2013 9:55 PM

future FBM wrote:

Not even slightly

How? He has the best youtube howtos

|

I ride for my papou.

5/31/2013 10:04 PM

They're isn't much to ride in Florida period, UCF definitely has some of the best street spots around though, I've ridden there a few times with small amounts of harassment from anyone. It's within riding distance to Oviedo skatepark which just recently started allowing bikes in, decent concrete park with decent amount of flow and a street plaza section. As far as the scene goes, it's pretty big and it's growing and alot of people working to make it bigger, but definitely alot of fun people to ride and chill with.

|

RIP 71 N
RIP Randy Taylor

Shadow/Subrosa

Tumblr | Instagram | Digits - (407) 655-6998 | Email - kyzem.leahcim@yahoo.com | Xbox - eleswun

6/1/2013 4:43 AM

Four wrote:

No not at all lol.

future FBM wrote:

Not even slightly

SickDude wrote:

yews, but on a few things. Tbh my favorite youtube rider is boqer123 as the crew are just funny as hell and from UK

|

Bruh

6/1/2013 6:20 AM

Depends on what your going for, Akron U has allot of spots bad thing is winter blows and it's a great collage for chemical engineering, plus I could show you all the spots are, I may be annoying on here or come off like that but I'm chill to ride with

|

Albes Is Rad!!!
Bike Check
YouTube
Instagram
Blood Life
Signature Trick : Foot Plant Whip
future FBM wrote: Finally once we can share a momen
andyferly wrote: OneEyeIlluminatiGuy has spoken.
These bars are officially stupid.

6/1/2013 11:13 AM

OneEyeIlluminatiGuy wrote:

Depends on what your going for, Akron U has allot of spots bad thing is winter blows and it's a great collage for chemical engineering, plus I could show you all the spots are, I may be annoying on here or come off like that but I'm chill to ride with

I now repeal my app to Akron. If it means getting away from you, then Toledo will do

|

6/1/2013 12:22 PM

Zach P-D wrote:

yews, but on a few things. Tbh my favorite youtube rider is boqer123 as the crew are just funny as hell and from UK

massive cunts in real life tho, I live by them

|

I do stuff and I'm not good at it.
I got refs

6/1/2013 12:26 PM

SickDude wrote:

Zach P-D wrote:

zenith111 wrote:

massive cunts in real life tho, I live by them

@zack. I love oscar hahah

@zen. What do they do?

|

I ride for my papou.