Colony Wasp

Related:
Create New Tag

12/6/2013 6:49 PM

So whats do you guys think of the new Colony Wasp cassette hub? I'm surprised its marketed as a freestyle hub and has 6 pawl engagement. I wonder if fakies would be a bitch on it. Also has anyone heard of the new G-Sport cassette yet.

|

"It's not a scooter, it's a bike." - Van Homan
My Fit

12/6/2013 6:54 PM

how would a cassette affect your fakies?

|

12/6/2013 6:56 PM

I'm going to get the pinnacle wheelset for my birthday, not that this matters but this video might give you an idea of the engagement



and it makes me think of a deeper toned, yet stronger elite hub? do you think so? I was going to get an elite, but the price and the axle that it comes with really is a let down, if they have a 9 tooth version of the elite they should have a chromoly axle available as well.
|

Welp, broke past 1000... yeeeee

My Youtube / RainBMX
My Insta / What_Is_Barspin

12/6/2013 6:59 PM

ComplicatedStreetBmx wrote:

how would a cassette affect your fakies?

If you have more pawls it makes it closer to "instant power engagement" which is fine for racing but means that if you did a 180 to you would immediately have to back pedal because the little bit of slack you get with 3 and 4 pawl cassettes is now even less. G-Sport had an article talking about this and how they made a prototype cassette with almost instant engagement and every time they tired to fakie they ended up on their ass. I guess you could get used to it but kinda pointless unless your racing or worried about noise.

|

"It's not a scooter, it's a bike." - Van Homan
My Fit

12/6/2013 7:02 PM

James_Letten17 wrote:

I'm going to get the pinnacle wheelset for my birthday, not that this matters but this video might give you an idea of the engagement



and it makes me think of a deeper toned, yet stronger elite hub? do you think so? I was going to get an elite, but the price and the axle that it comes with really is a let down, if they have a 9 tooth version of the elite they should have a chromoly axle available as well.

Yeah I think it would be stronger than the elite. I'm not going to lie I do kinda like the sound but I don't know if I would want it because of what I was saying about fakies. I think if I ever got a new wheel set I would get a Cult Match hub or maybe if the Primo Remix's come out.

|

"It's not a scooter, it's a bike." - Van Homan
My Fit

12/6/2013 7:05 PM

ComplicatedStreetBmx wrote:

how would a cassette affect your fakies?

a lot of cassettes have different internals, some with more pawls and some with less, granted there are some hubs with less pawls with with splines on each separate pawl, as well as how many teeth or what I call "ridges" are in the actual hub shell.

example (6 pawls, with splines on each one... quicker engagement, due to quicker grab on the hub)



example (this is somewhere in the middle, less repetition of the clicking in the hub = somewhat slower engagement)



example (stock fit hub, generally 3 pawl and a good bit more slack over the other two, slack meaning the engagement, more slack meaning slower engagement)
|

Welp, broke past 1000... yeeeee

My Youtube / RainBMX
My Insta / What_Is_Barspin

12/6/2013 7:07 PM

I think 4 pawls the shit sounds a little better than 3 but still not instant engagement. From what my brain can tell this is the best hub out.

|

"It's not a scooter, it's a bike." - Van Homan
My Fit

12/6/2013 7:08 PM

fitbikerider14 wrote:

I think 4 pawls the shit sounds a little better than 3 but still not instant engagement. From what my brain can tell this is the best hub out.

well people have said the remix hubs are pretty bad in terms of engagement issues, people have said that the match hub is like the true rebirth of the old mix

|

Welp, broke past 1000... yeeeee

My Youtube / RainBMX
My Insta / What_Is_Barspin

12/6/2013 7:11 PM

James_Letten17 wrote:

well people have said the remix hubs are pretty bad in terms of engagement issues, people have said that the match hub is like the true rebirth of the old mix

Yeah idk why I said remix but I heard something when interbike was going on about a remix v2. And yeah the cult match is identical to the original mix.

|

"It's not a scooter, it's a bike." - Van Homan
My Fit

12/6/2013 7:13 PM

James_Letten17 wrote:

well people have said the remix hubs are pretty bad in terms of engagement issues, people have said that the match hub is like the true rebirth of the old mix

Remix & Match both use the exact same driver, the Remix is pretty bad because of the smaller bearings & supposedly weaker axle


6 pawls won't fuck your fakies up, or at least when I rode a hub with 6 pawls in it, it didn't

|

12/6/2013 7:14 PM

Fuck me why did I post a link to the remix . This is the best hub

|

"It's not a scooter, it's a bike." - Van Homan
My Fit

12/6/2013 7:15 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

Remix & Match both use the exact same driver, the Remix is pretty bad because of the smaller bearings & supposedly weaker axle


6 pawls won't fuck your fakies up, or at least when I rode a hub with 6 pawls in it, it didn't

Hmm interesting, idk I thought 6 pawls would fuck you up but maybe not.

|

"It's not a scooter, it's a bike." - Van Homan
My Fit

12/6/2013 7:40 PM

Fuck it , Colony is dope and they look like sick hubs. The engagement on fakies would be fine.

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

12/6/2013 8:34 PM

Kid in my town has em. Their engagement is nothing compared to an elite/stinger/dynamic and is barely different than my remixs engagement. They seem legit though, I just dont like the buzzing noise.

|




Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx


12/6/2013 10:03 PM

Mark Mulville fakies the fuck out of his Elites and he's fine.

|

"Let it be heard: FOUR IS BACK MUH FUCKAZ"
Refs: Mobking, four, tomdon, Sickdude, xxOhioanxx onetrykid Krisner BMX
FBM Pizza Beer Roast Machine

12/6/2013 10:47 PM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Kid in my town has em. Their engagement is nothing compared to an elite/stinger/dynamic and is barely different than my remixs engagement. They seem legit though, I just dont like the buzzing noise.

Really? Thats a shame. They look legit and sound like they're good.

I wouldn't mind it , in that sick rainbow colourway ! But no LHD or hubguards sad

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

12/7/2013 9:05 PM

right hand drive only garbage thats my thoughts

|

Testimony and apologies





I want everyone to know that Jesus Christ died on the cross for all of your sins, he went to hell for three days and defeated death and rose from the grave on the 3rd day.






instagram
What would Jesus say: I didn't die for you to live like this!

old edit

12/7/2013 11:17 PM

OneGuyIlluminatiEye wrote:

right hand drive only garbage thats my thoughts

I second this

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

12/8/2013 7:01 PM

OneGuyIlluminatiEye wrote:

right hand drive only garbage thats my thoughts

I saw a thing on dig or some bmx website that said lhd should be out soon, so I'm assuming maybe after christmas?

|

"It's not a scooter, it's a bike." - Van Homan
My Fit

12/8/2013 7:06 PM

OneGuyIlluminatiEye wrote:

right hand drive only garbage thats my thoughts

fitbikerider14 wrote:

I saw a thing on dig or some bmx website that said lhd should be out soon, so I'm assuming maybe after christmas?

from what i read on the the merge the lhd or switchable driver will be 4 pawl only

|

Testimony and apologies





I want everyone to know that Jesus Christ died on the cross for all of your sins, he went to hell for three days and defeated death and rose from the grave on the 3rd day.






instagram
What would Jesus say: I didn't die for you to live like this!

old edit

12/8/2013 7:10 PM

OneGuyIlluminatiEye wrote:

from what i read on the the merge the lhd or switchable driver will be 4 pawl only

I just skimmed over it, I thought it was just a lhd version of the 6 pawl, I didn't know anything about a reversible driver.

|

"It's not a scooter, it's a bike." - Van Homan
My Fit

12/8/2013 7:12 PM

Just says lhd coming soon http://themerged.com/colony-wasp-hubs/

|

"It's not a scooter, it's a bike." - Van Homan
My Fit

12/8/2013 7:39 PM

F*ck I really want some , but I want a LHD that I can get a hubguard and grind on....thats the one reason I'm not getting these. I really want a Cult Coaster , or a oil slick LHD Eclat hub with a Daily Grind front

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

12/8/2013 7:46 PM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

F*ck I really want some , but I want a LHD that I can get a hubguard and grind on....thats the one reason I'm not getting these. I really want a Cult Coaster , or a oil slick LHD Eclat hub with a Daily Grind front

the daily front sucks it dramatically losses its spin after grinding on it

|

Testimony and apologies





I want everyone to know that Jesus Christ died on the cross for all of your sins, he went to hell for three days and defeated death and rose from the grave on the 3rd day.






instagram
What would Jesus say: I didn't die for you to live like this!

old edit

12/9/2013 6:56 PM

i have the hub. its really nice, not as loud as an elite by far, and it does engage better than the remix. (the hub i rode before was the remix..) the wasp rolls super fast but if your looking for the elites 204 points of engagement this isnt it, it does not click as much but when your going fast it does get louder and sounds more like an elite, overall id reccomend it but if you have money for an elite go for the elite.

|

BIKESBIKESBIKESBIKESBIKESBIKESBIKESBIKESBIKESBIKESBIKESBIKESBIKES