Colony wasp

Related:
Create New Tag

10/2/2017 5:58 AM

Okay so i just got this wheel recently it has a colony wasp hub but i degreased it and its not loud how come and when it first came it was sooooi quiet like my semi sealed cassette hub was wayyy louderrr please help mee

|

10/2/2017 7:06 AM

Can you send a video?

|

10/2/2017 7:54 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/2/2017 9:27 AM

Did you take it apart, "degrease" it then put in fresh grease? The reason I ask is that if you used grease to put it back together, that might be the problem.

|

10/2/2017 8:36 AM

Put a little bit of sand in there , that should make it louder

|

10/2/2017 8:54 AM

Firstly i recommend that you lube it with a small amount of thin oil, this shouldn't decrease the sound and it will make your hub last longer. And to make it louder I would just ride it and wait for it to bed in.

|

Hmmm

10/2/2017 8:59 AM

eskimojay wrote:

Lol

Everyone like a nice raspy cassette.

I personally dont like the wasp or the other "instant engagement" cassettes. Its hard to tell how fast they are going without directly looking at them. They sound really cool for a few mins. I cant imagine riding all day and hearing that buzz even while going super slow...

I like loud hubs for street though, when your travelling from spot to spot it seems like people hear you coming easier. It also can draw unwanted attention though.

|

10/2/2017 9:00 AM

Batuhan_Dinc68 wrote:

Okay so i just got this wheel recently it has a colony wasp hub but i degreased it and its not loud how come and when it first ...more

What was your method of degreasing it? I cant imagine a wasp sounding quiet...

|

10/2/2017 9:07 AM

Bulletpup wrote:

Lol

I personally dont like the wasp or the other "instant engagement" cassettes. Its ...more

I love having a loud hub while going around a bowl but i also love hearing each individual click when i am in a low speed manual or something. I have a really crappy silent hub now but i hope to get a primo remix soon.

|

Hmmm

10/2/2017 9:08 AM

Bulletpup wrote:

What was your method of degreasing it? I cant imagine a wasp sounding quiet...

Wasps are almost silent when they are brand new. After a month or so they break in and become very high pitched and very loud.

|

Hmmm

10/2/2017 9:59 AM

There is a video of it
|

10/2/2017 10:02 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/2/2017 10:07 AM

Batuhan_Dinc68 wrote:
There is a video of it

It sounds loud as shit...

If you were to ride next to someone with a cassette, would you be able to hear theirs? Lol

I know when I rode with my friend last he had a wtp supreme hub and his usually dominates my antigram. His is deeper and fuller sounding.

I bet you would cut right through his hub in terms of loudness.

|

10/2/2017 10:04 AM

eskimojay wrote:

Bulletpup wrote:

Lol

I personally dont like the wasp or the other "instant engagement" cassettes. Its ...more

Edman123 wrote:

I love having a loud hub while going around a bowl but i also love hearing each individual click when i am in a low speed ...more

Same here, the individual clicks are really nice and satisfying...almost like the satisfaction of popping bubble wrap.

|

10/2/2017 10:14 AM

Bulletpup wrote:

It sounds loud as shit...

If you were to ride next to someone with a cassette, would you be able to hear theirs? Lol

I know ...more

Bro it sounds loud trust me its not loud att allll its not loud i cant hear it when i ride it i promise
And it sounded loud bcause there was no sound in my gardenn

|

10/2/2017 11:32 AM

I own this hub, riding it for almost an year.

Let me tell you from the start that all the "it will be loud after a few months of riding" it's just urban legend.
This hub is not loud, and it won't get loud over time.

Unless...

You take it apart and bend each spring or buy replacement springs and double them up.

Then and only then it will be loud as hell!

|

10/2/2017 11:36 AM

am-shaegar wrote:

I own this hub, riding it for almost an year.

Let me tell you from the start that all the "it will be loud after a few months ...more

I have a friend that owns one and it is loud as hell. And i have met others using one, perhaps they modified theirs but It was loud whatever they did or didnt do.

|

10/2/2017 11:37 AM

All this aside, let me ask you both a question since you both personally own one...Does it work well?

|

10/2/2017 11:42 AM

Bulletpup wrote:

I have a friend that owns one and it is loud as hell. And i have met others using one, perhaps they modified theirs but It was ...more

Yeah, most likely.

It also depends on what you consider loud.
It has a lot of clicks and at high speed you can hear it pretty well (out of the box)
But if you want the Profile Mini loudness ... you need to bend the springs

I did so, and it was waaay too loud, I had to bend them back and lower it down

|

10/2/2017 11:46 AM

Bulletpup wrote:

All this aside, let me ask you both a question since you both personally own one...Does it work well?

Well, I'm not an expert and I don't do grinds or huge drops ... but I kinda love it grin

I ride street, and I dart through traffic a lot, so I appreciate the instant engagement.
Also, no problems with it in all these months ... but then again I don't really abuse it.

|

10/2/2017 11:54 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/2/2017 11:55 AM

Bulletpup wrote:

am-shaegar wrote:

Well, I'm not an expert and I don't do grinds or huge drops ... but I kinda love it grin

I ride street, and I dart through ...more

Well thats good! Thats what matters the most, does it work well. To the op, why do you want it louder than it is?

The answer to your question is to run it dry, double spring it or bend the originals.

|