Comfiest fat seats?

Related:
Create New Tag

4/12/2018 12:30 PM

I need a COMFY fat seat that doesn't break the bank. Just got an old bike with a thin hard seat and I only use it to ride to town so I ride sitting down a lot. Also tried to sit on it to chill today after like 5-10 mins my ass hurt like a....!

Saw the Tree ergo is supposed to be good but it's out of stock till May, I need one now!

Suggestions please.

|

4/12/2018 12:50 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/12/2018 12:59 PM

S&M Coxie Director

Edit: I don't have this seat myself but I have heard that it is very comfortable. Some of the forum members here have one and enjoy it.

|

Gave up on BMX to hang out with 13 year old soundcloud rappers, what a life, such a cool guy!
-Sheldon on Adam22

"The only future for BMX"

Yeah, kids getting shit bikes, breaking them and then quitting. LOL
-jbales on mafiaBIKES

I’ve been a 14 year old beginner for the last ten years
-adamnmexican

4/12/2018 1:08 PM

HavokDJ wrote:

S&M Coxie Director

Edit: I don't have this seat myself but I have heard that it is very comfortable. Some of the forum ...more

This ⬆️

I have one, super comfy and looks cool.

Demolition Cordova is also pretty good on ya butt

|

If you build it, they will come

4/12/2018 1:17 PM

Pretty much every seat on the market is made by velo. So just pick any fat seat that you like the look of

|

4/12/2018 1:20 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/12/2018 1:24 PM

I have a BSD fat seat which is just a standard fat seat, but I sat on a shadow mid/fat seat on a friend bike and even with less foam the shape is just so good so it's more comfy than mine.

I just checked that tree seat, it looks perfect, the shadows seat shape is kind of similar.

|

4/12/2018 1:58 PM

Hmmm I don't really like the look of it but I might get the S&M coxie director then. Need something tried and tested. Wish I could wait to get the Tree ergo. The problem is even fat bmx seats are made so you can grip the seat with your knees, comfort is not considered.

|

4/12/2018 2:00 PM

|

It’s all bmx

4/12/2018 2:05 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/12/2018 2:09 PM

My kink sexton is fairly comfy, but I’d wait for that Tree ergo if comfy is a high priority

|

Ride everything

4/12/2018 2:17 PM

Most seats will feel the same besides the odd few . People go crazy over those Tree seats but I’ve never gotten into the hype . Something with a softer foam and a decent shape will be the best

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

4/12/2018 6:27 PM

Best seat I’ve ever had big and comfy was a United v3 Stephen Murray seat , went to a good cause too , don’t know if they’re still selling it or not but it’s damn good

|

4/12/2018 11:50 PM

I just got a Fat Éclat Bios seat and it feels super comfortable

|

4/13/2018 12:57 AM

I'm not really arsed about the seat being the comfiest thing in the world, I just like to be fairly slim and out the way. That said my Odyssey Hawk seat is actually really comfy, not from being big and padded, but from being well shaped. Plus it's very similar to the Tree seat, which I really like.

I did have a fat padded seat and ran it for a whole week, but it just wasn't my cup of tea.

|

If I could go a tenth as high as Larry Edgar goes, then I would still be blasting super high.

4/13/2018 6:00 AM

OG Kink Sextons, S&M Coxie and BSD Fats are the best seats ive experienced.

|

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

4/13/2018 7:51 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/13/2018 7:56 AM

You think YOUR fat seat is comfortable?
That thing is garbage
THIS IS TRUE COMFORT!
All joking aside, I have tried this seat out before and it’s actually pretty comfortable for a plastic seat. I’ve run plastic seats before and this is by far the most comfortable I’ve tried.

|

Gave up on BMX to hang out with 13 year old soundcloud rappers, what a life, such a cool guy!
-Sheldon on Adam22

"The only future for BMX"

Yeah, kids getting shit bikes, breaking them and then quitting. LOL
-jbales on mafiaBIKES

I’ve been a 14 year old beginner for the last ten years
-adamnmexican

4/13/2018 11:33 AM

I'd get a Haro 87 if it wasn't only in bright blue/pink. The haro chevron is a similar cheap railed one with good reviews for comfort but can't find one in the U.K.
Thinking I might find a cheap comfy railed one till the tree's back in stock.

|

4/13/2018 11:35 AM

adamnmexican wrote:

http://flatlandfuel.com/haromirrapivotalseat.aspx

but really this is the comfiest bmx seat ever.
...more

HavokDJ wrote:

You think YOUR fat seat is comfortable?
That thing is garbage
THIS IS TRUE COMFORT!
All joking aside, I have tried this seat ...more

That thing looks evil!

|

4/13/2018 11:45 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

Pretty much every seat on the market is made by velo. So just pick any fat seat that you like the look of

That's interesting, I bought Wellgo pedals for the same reason they make most pedals for other brands.
Do velo sell an own brand fat seat then? All I could find is this railed one, has good reviews for comfort, but seems a bit narrow for a fat one 13.7cm wide.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B001NGF5I2/ref=cm_cr_arp_mb_bdcrb_top?ie=UTF8

|

4/14/2018 3:00 AM

|

4/14/2018 3:47 AM

|

4/14/2018 9:08 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

Disco Dave wrote:

That's interesting, I bought Wellgo pedals for the same reason they make most pedals for other brands.
Do velo sell an own ...more

Yep, they're not easy to come across though. I guess they know they can't compete with bmx companies so stick mainly to oem for other brands. Photo

|

4/14/2018 2:21 PM

That's looks great for the price! Weird how it looks like plastic but the description sounds good, thick padded custom wide shape.

|

4/14/2018 2:26 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

Disco Dave wrote:

Do velo sell an own ...more

grumpySteve wrote:

Yep, they're not easy to come across though. I guess they know they can't compete with bmx companies so stick mainly to oem ...more

Ah cool hadn't found them on the Velo site when I looked. As you say though, can't find them for sale anywhere. Shame everyone is too obsessed with brand names. Love the look of the black+white dog tooth one as well!

|