Comfortability or ability?

Related:
Create New Tag

7/25/2013 10:41 PM

Okay, so I'm a beginner I've had my bike for maybe a month and a half now. I used to ride when when I was around 14 so I'm not a complete newbie, and I simply wanted to pick it back up (I'm 19 now). Anyways, I am more comfortable riding right foot forward. I tried left foot forward for a little bit and just wasnt feeling it. So I started picking up footjam tailwhips and learned that I can only land them kicking with my right foot, which forces me to be left foot forward (at least for this particular trick)? I've tried kicking with my left for a while now and still cant seem to get nearly as good as a kick compared to my right, and as I progress I'm definitely going need solid kicks, and the left just cant get the job done. So my question is, do I pick up being left foot forward, or should I just try to make my kicks stronger? (note: I've been trying to make them stronger for about 2 or 3 weeks now, and they arent getting anywhere, thats why Im here asking if I should just change my style up a bit)

Thanks!

|

7/26/2013 5:05 AM

Try pushing your bars around more it helps to get the rotation of the bike.

|

I'm a punk bmxer, I can't do it well so I do it loud.

7/26/2013 7:43 AM

I tried carving a little more to get a better kick but it still doesnt seem to work.

|

7/26/2013 9:02 AM

ok i have the same problem and this is what i found , im comfortable kicking to the right but im left foot foward

jam with your front foot , wait for the back end to come up then with your back foot put it over the seat then push the seat with your the way your comfortable to kick the rear end , this way i find you kick much faster have more balance .

i found this in this video go to 0.49

|

7/26/2013 12:22 PM

you could just take your front foot off your pedal and kick the back of the bike, is how people do opp-whips

|

MIDWEST MOTHER FUCKER

Bike Check
Bought from Tomdon, and ScramHype

7/26/2013 4:35 PM

Okay, I appreciate it!

|

7/26/2013 5:02 PM

kick it with the ankle that your doing the foot jam with. it doesnt hurt. trust me.

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me