Community Discord Server (Again)

Related:
Create New Tag

2/12/2020 10:32 AM

We recently revamped our current Discord server. Now it's less of a mirror of the forum and more of an outlet to share photos, videos, talk random things about BMX, and just mess around with a bunch of off-topic stuff as a group.

Our old "trick of the week" or progression series is still there, if anyone wants to chime in whenever they want.

I am, by no means, asking you to join (if you haven't already), but it's here if anyone wants to jump in!

If interested, https://discord.gg/Qyp7pVc is the invite code.

If you have no idea what this is, Discord is a platform developed primarily for gaming purposes, but is not limited to other uses. Things like video/image sharing, voice chatting, and simply typing in various text channels much like a forum.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike. Instagram: @scootereyn // YouTube: RH MEDIA

2/12/2020 11:06 AM

readybmxer wrote:

We recently revamped our current Discord server. Now it's less of a mirror of the forum and more of an outlet to share photos, videos, talk random things about BMX, and just mess around with a bunch of off-topic stuff as a group.

Our old "trick of the week" or progression series is still there, if anyone wants to chime in whenever they want.

I am, by no means, asking you to join (if you haven't already), but it's here if anyone wants to jump in!

If interested, https://discord.gg/Qyp7pVc is the invite code.

If you have no idea what this is, Discord is a platform developed primarily for gaming purposes, but is not limited to other uses. Things like video/image sharing, voice chatting, and simply typing in various text channels much like a forum.

Instajoined, my user is masterfighterr cause I use it for gaming too

|

Gave up on BMX to hang out with 13 year old soundcloud rappers, what a life, such a cool guy!
-Sheldon on Adam22

"The only future for BMX"

Yeah, kids getting shit bikes, breaking them and then quitting. LOL
-jbales on mafiaBIKES

I’ve been a 14 year old beginner for the last ten years
-adamnmexican

2/12/2020 1:13 PM

Why do we feel the need to take content and users that would typically use this forum to another forum not affiliated with Vital? The traffic is already low here and your attempting to move more traffic from here to your gaming server. I don’t get it. What’s in it for you ? Why do you feel you can’t share such topics on here in an off topic area?

|

2/12/2020 1:21 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/12/2020 1:24 PM

BillyBigRigger wrote:

Why do we feel the need to take content and users that would typically use this forum to another forum not affiliated with Vital? The traffic is already low here and your attempting to move more traffic from here to your gaming server. I don’t get it. What’s in it for you ? Why do you feel you can’t share such topics on here in an off topic area?

I do not own the server, and I didn't create it, nor was it my idea to start it. It was a majority decision a long time ago instigated by other members, I'm just helping run it as of late.

Yes, traffic here is low, and that's why the Discord is now more of a hangout spot than an extension of the forum. I'd say that, to many of us, we've become a tightly-knit community, and this is simply another medium to mess around on with things that don't need to be on the forum.

Nothing's in it for me at all, and like I said, I'm not attempting to move traffic purely over to the Discord, it's just here if anyone would like to jump in.

|

2/12/2020 1:24 PM

Ok. I see. Your just soliciting traffic from here to there.

|

2/12/2020 1:27 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/12/2020 1:28 PM

BillyBigRigger wrote:

Ehh, I wouldn't say so. Besides, nearly all active members have been in the server for quite some time now and the forum stays pretty active for the most part.

|

2/12/2020 1:39 PM

BillyBigRigger wrote:

Discord is definitely not a forum replacement considering the limited archival abilities. Discord is just more convenient for simple communications while forums are better for more detailed topics.

|

Gave up on BMX to hang out with 13 year old soundcloud rappers, what a life, such a cool guy!
-Sheldon on Adam22

-jbales on mafiaBIKES

-adamnmexican

2/12/2020 2:13 PM

Fuck discord!

|

2/12/2020 2:36 PM

eskimojay wrote:

Fuck discord!

Ok boomer

|

-Sheldon on Adam22

-jbales on mafiaBIKES

-adamnmexican

2/12/2020 3:24 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/12/2020 3:25 PM

BillyBigRigger wrote:

It came about when we started a little progression group, where we challenged each other each week to try something new. It was an easier way to chat (no live chat function on vital) and share quick vids with each other. Definitely didn’t affect Vital traffic, in my opinion. Those of us who were originally in the discord group I would say are some of the biggest contributors on vital. I see your concern though. I wouldn’t worry too much. The last server failed, I don’t have high hopes for this one either.

|

2/12/2020 7:27 PM

eskimojay wrote:

Fuck discord!

Also that cord

|

2/14/2020 6:41 AM

I jumped in, to see what it's all about. Seems cool. Hopefully when the weather gets better we can do some more "trick of the week's" 🤘

|

Licensed Desk Jockey

2/14/2020 8:23 AM

d-Herz wrote:

I jumped in, to see what it's all about. Seems cool. Hopefully when the weather gets better we can do some more "trick of the week's" 🤘

We gotta actually establish a trick of the week first before we can have more lol.

|

-Sheldon on Adam22

-jbales on mafiaBIKES

-adamnmexican

2/14/2020 10:30 AM

And fuck your Honda accord....

|

MVGA