Comparing WTP Trust, Crysis & Cult Devotion

Related:
Create New Tag

10/27/2017 10:27 PM

The other thread is getting off-track now, good time to split off my next question:

Looking at mid-higher end 21" completes, I've kind of got it down to WTP Trust, WTP Crysis, and Cult Devotion. Not exactly the same price but close enough that the Trust (and Crysis) warrant me taking a closer look.

Aside from looking at the bikes on paper, what can anyone tell me comparing them?

It looks like the Trust shares a good bit of the same parts, but others which I can only assume are upgrades.

Things I like about the Trust: holes for gyro tabs, chain tensioner for adjustment (so used to them on race bike, love being able to make those adjustments), and the ability to easily convert (it sounds like) to LHD which I was looking to do.

Any other large differences? 1° in seat angle, not sure how much that factors into things.

Thanks!

|

10/27/2017 10:35 PM

Photo

|

10/27/2017 11:31 PM

1° seattube angle with a 9" standover would be noticeable if you rode one of them for a while, then went to the other. It'll make the affective tt a little shorter. You haven't mentioned bar height, I'd assume they're both about 9. But if the whole bike is different from what you're used to, you'll have to get used to it regardless.
The trust is definitely better, and better value. But I personally wouldn't buy any of them. I'm really picky about geometry, bar height etc, so I'd want to be swapping parts out straight away

|

10/28/2017 4:26 AM

Is standover and seat tube height the same thing? Standover means something different on a race bike, in relation to how tall of a kind can literally stand over it.

I've googled the bars but can't find definitive specs on them.

I don't have another street bike to compare anything to, so I wouldn't have those same issues that I understand you would be having since you know what you're after and works for you.

|

10/28/2017 8:49 AM

The 1° seat tube will change the top tube length to about 20.8.

|

10/28/2017 8:53 AM

I see. What's the purpose of tilting the seat tube up a degree towards the front? 71° is what most are. I know TT length isn't the end-all/be-all of everything.

|

10/28/2017 8:55 AM

The 1° seat tube will change the top tube length to about 20.8, but it shouldn't make too much difference. Hops are a little easier with a shorter top tube. No one ever mentions that.

|

10/28/2017 8:59 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/28/2017 9:14 AM

I see. I'm reading about seat tube angle now. Says it moves the BB forward making it feel like a shorter TT. I need to find out what the the reason is versus just actually shortening the TT length.

|

10/28/2017 12:04 PM

71 is standard, making it mellower shortens the affective tt length, and puts your weight more over the back wheel when you're lifting the front end. So it's generally more nimble/less stable.

|

10/28/2017 2:11 PM

Gotcha! Found this which says pretty much the same thing. Gives room but feels smaller.

Photo

|