Compatible brake question

Related:
Create New Tag

8/26/2018 10:48 AM

I have a wethepeople reason 2012 frame and run BSD Donnasqueak 2.25 on the back. Can anyone recommend a brake that will fit? Also does anyone know if the fly manual or the odyssey evo 2/2.5 Will fit and if they are good choices?
Thanks for taking the time to read

|

8/26/2018 10:59 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/26/2018 10:59 AM

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but nobody knows , looks like you’ll have to wing it to find out , I’m going to guesstimate yes

|

8/26/2018 11:22 AM

With a 2.25" any brake should fit, and it should fit your frame fine too

|

8/26/2018 11:27 AM

Thanks again grumpySteve

|

8/26/2018 11:51 AM

Get an Odyssey EVO 2.5.

It clears my 2.5 tires pretty easy...

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

8/26/2018 1:21 PM

evo 2.5

|

Lessons not learned in blood are soon forgotten

8/26/2018 2:18 PM

Shadow Sano

|

8/26/2018 2:29 PM

jbales wrote:

Shadow Sano

Odyssey EVO 2.5

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

8/26/2018 2:33 PM

Nobody like the flybikes manual? Any particular reason? Back when I used to ride fly was the shit

|

8/26/2018 2:35 PM

jbales wrote:

Shadow Sano

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

Odyssey EVO 2.5

CNC vs forged.

|

8/26/2018 2:41 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/26/2018 2:41 PM

jbales wrote:

Shadow Sano

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

Odyssey EVO 2.5

jbales wrote:

CNC vs forged.

Odyssey vs Shadow.

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

8/26/2018 2:44 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/26/2018 2:44 PM

Stefanski wrote:

Nobody like the flybikes manual? Any particular reason? Back when I used to ride fly was the shit

Fly kinda ruined their reputation(at least, I think) by making parts way too lightweight with no proper reinforcement. I had a Fly Montana frame that shit the bed in like 4 weeks. I really like their team and I'm starting to like some of the parts they're putting out again but it'd have to be truly exceptional for me to trust a Fly part again.

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

8/26/2018 2:46 PM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

Odyssey EVO 2.5

jbales wrote:

CNC vs forged.

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

Odyssey vs Shadow.

Same same but different. How many people manage to snap or bend brake arms?

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

8/26/2018 2:47 PM

Stefanski wrote:

Nobody like the flybikes manual? Any particular reason? Back when I used to ride fly was the shit

p1p1092 wrote:

Fly kinda ruined their reputation(at least, I think) by making parts way too lightweight with no proper reinforcement. I had a Fly Montana frame that shit the bed in like 4 weeks. I really like their team and I'm starting to like some of the parts they're putting out again but it'd have to be truly exceptional for me to trust a Fly part again.

Oh snap that's not great, appreciate the info though

|

8/26/2018 2:48 PM

jbales wrote:

CNC vs forged.

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

Odyssey vs Shadow.

p1p1092 wrote:

Same same but different. How many people manage to snap or bend brake arms?

So just pick the cheaper one then right?

|

8/26/2018 2:52 PM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

Odyssey vs Shadow.

p1p1092 wrote:

Same same but different. How many people manage to snap or bend brake arms?

Stefanski wrote:

So just pick the cheaper one then right?

I'm not a brake guy; I've never had a build with brakes on it. Everyone has a personal favourite brake setup as far as I can tell; I'd say go with the cheaper one: I've heard great things about both.

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

8/26/2018 3:16 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/26/2018 3:17 PM

Stefanski wrote:

So just pick the cheaper one then right?

Pick any brake you like as long as it’s CNC or forged. Don’t go so cheap that it’s cast, they’re not so solid feeling.

|

8/26/2018 3:24 PM

Just get Odyssey EVO 2.5s. They were the easiest brakes ive ever installed like for real.

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

8/26/2018 3:48 PM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

Just get Odyssey EVO 2.5s. They were the easiest brakes ive ever installed like for real.

Just ordered them mate. Thank you and thank everyone for the advice. Love this forum

|

8/26/2018 4:26 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/26/2018 4:26 PM

I've heard a lot of good things about the EVO 2.5 and it gives you some flexibility if you ever decide to fit fatter tyres in the future.

EDIT: Just realised you already purchased an EVO 2.5, disregard this post grin

|

8/26/2018 4:27 PM

fooby wrote:

I've heard a lot of good things about the EVO 2.5 and it gives you some flexibility if you ever decide to fit fatter tyres in the future.

EDIT: Just realised you already purchased an EVO 2.5, disregard this post grin

Haha thanks anyway mate just made me feel better about the purchase wink

|