Complete boner kill.

Related:
Create New Tag

5/16/2013 1:30 PM

Friend had off school today so he & our other friend went to the skatepark, 40 minutes away. Rode like an hour tops and I was filming a line involving a tailwhip, went to land it and SNAP! This happened )):

Photo

Of course we had no tools and no one was up there to ask them to use their tools either, so I was shit out of luck.

Anyone else have one of those days? You're all pumped to ride, go out somewhere far and that shit happens? I was bummed haha

Oh the chain's the Odyssey BlueBird if anyone's wondering, it comes with the halflink installed

|

5/16/2013 1:37 PM

It happens. I snapped the cult half link the day I got it. It came on the 510. And I snapped a 710sl the day I got it too, 3 times first day

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

5/16/2013 1:40 PM

tomdon wrote:

It happens. I snapped the cult half link the day I got it. It came on the 510. And I snapped a 710sl the day I got it too, 3 times first day

That's not good haha. I've had this chain since November, I guess all the pressure from learning whips finally took it's toll. But yeah shit happens, I was just super bummer cause we had the park to ourselves & that's a rare occurrence haha

|

5/16/2013 1:42 PM

Chain less!

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

5/16/2013 1:49 PM

I know that feel bro.

|

"Are they punkin' me Tio, are they punkin' me?"

5/16/2013 2:11 PM

tomdon wrote:

Chain less!

I did for a bit haha I zipped around the bowl!

|

5/16/2013 2:14 PM

used to always get flats after riding to the nearest town, such a let down :L

|

NEW Bike check
That InstaGram ting - @EddiMundo
Raw Clips Edit

KriB Life YouTube channel (Click on the pic!)

5/16/2013 4:06 PM

i did this i got riding got super close to no footer to no footer cans and snapped my crank arm

|

Save a tree

Ride a Bike...... I am an environmentalist jk hahaha

BIKE CHECK: http://www.vitalbmx.com/community/WallmartBMX,103987/setup,83842

WATCH MY NEW EDIT IM SO PROUD OF IT!!

5/16/2013 5:11 PM

this is like the 3rd bluebird ive seen snap on tailwhips.

what park did you goto?

|

"Forget 'today', 'today' is just tomorrow, disguised as yesterday"
TRANSPORTATION CHECK
Refs: ThrowAfit, 2funny4u, ridebmx456, spikez5, irideafly and a bunch of others, I'M LEGIT.
email= element4all@yahoo.com
facebook.
Instagram

5/16/2013 5:15 PM

Those kmc half links fucking blow. I used to use them to dial my chain up and they broke on me a lot. Find a tougher half link. I've got a shadow on my chain atm, so far so good.

|

FREE not under the control or in the power of another; able to act or be done as one wishes
STYLE a particular, distinctive, or characteristic mode of action or manner of acting

5/16/2013 5:24 PM

BMXism wrote:

Those kmc half links fucking blow. I used to use them to dial my chain up and they broke on me a lot. Find a tougher half link. I've got a shadow on my chain atm, so far so good.

I'm not too worried about it, I think I only had it in there cause my integrated chain tensioners got jammed in my dropouts and I couldn't get them out so I just tossed the halflink in there.. But I got the tensioners out awhile ago and now my chain fits fine cause I already fixed it haha

|

5/16/2013 5:25 PM

element4all wrote:

what park did you goto?

Reid Menzer, there was nobody there at all besides 1 skateboarder towards the end of our sesh

|

5/16/2013 6:41 PM

Anyone remember the chain RiverSideRider runs? It's beefy with no driver mods needed.

|

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.

5/16/2013 7:13 PM

Chuck8273 wrote:

Anyone remember the chain RiverSideRider runs? It's beefy with no driver mods needed.

Dirtbike chain I believe. Or atleast someone does.

|

Instagram

Refs:tomdon x4,Xxohioanxx,BigCurn, Don't remember the rest

5/16/2013 7:36 PM

Haha daaang. i always bring my tools when i go to the skatepark, not really for me because i keep my bike running fresh and i fix stuff for other people. but yes, if i were you i would ditch that chain and go with a dropbuster or kool chain, put any other half link than KMC or KHE in there and you should be fine haha

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

5/16/2013 9:00 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/16/2013 9:13 PM

TheBrandonFranke wrote:

Haha, mine LOOKS like a dirtbike chain, assuming you mean motorcycle chain, but isn't. He had like, the next strength down from the Wippermann 1G8.

Edit; RiverSideRider has the KHE collapse.

|

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.

5/16/2013 9:24 PM

Damn man.. My friends and I might be hitting up Reid this Saturday.

|

Ever in Palmyra/Hershey/Lebanon? Hit me up - 717-439-2789

Straight-Edge

5/16/2013 9:42 PM

I have 3 links upside down on my brand new Mechanik Half Trak chain right now that I've been riding for almost 2 weeks. The upside down links grind my driver teeth a bit but that doesn't matter. It gets a super tight spot when it starts grinding and it's stretching out the chain like fuck and starting to pull my wheel further in. So much for trying to slam my wheel.... I'm gonna go back to my KMC Z 410 chain with a masterlink. That shit is way more trustier.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

5/16/2013 9:46 PM

ImBrayden wrote:

I MIGHTTT be up actually, I'll have to see if my friend's gonna go cause he'll take me then

|

5/16/2013 10:47 PM

A similar thing happened to me, I rode to a park about an hour away on bike, rode for about 10 minutes, let someone on my bike, it made a weird noise, I went back on it and the chain snapped a few seconds later.

|

5/17/2013 2:02 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/17/2013 2:03 PM

element4all wrote:

what park did you goto?

sundaybmxRR wrote:

Reid Menzer, there was nobody there at all besides 1 skateboarder towards the end of our sesh

dude should have let me know. i lived right up the road from it and i used to be there just about every day. but now i just got back home in maryland for the summer.

|

"Forget 'today', 'today' is just tomorrow, disguised as yesterday"
TRANSPORTATION CHECK
Refs: ThrowAfit, 2funny4u, ridebmx456, spikez5, irideafly and a bunch of others, I'M LEGIT.
email= element4all@yahoo.com
facebook.
Instagram

5/17/2013 3:08 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/17/2013 3:13 PM

Chuck8273 wrote:

TheBrandonFranke wrote:

Chuck8273 wrote:

Haha, mine LOOKS like a dirtbike chain, assuming you mean motorcycle chain, but isn't. He had like, the next strength down from the Wippermann 1G8.

Edit; RiverSideRider has the KHE collapse.

No lol.
Someone literally rides ahttp://www.vitalbmx.com/forums/General-BMX-Talk,2/I-run-a-dirtbike-chain,1088198dirtbike chain.
EDIT: heres a link lol now I know

|

Instagram

Refs:tomdon x4,Xxohioanxx,BigCurn, Don't remember the rest

5/17/2013 6:04 PM

TheBrandonFranke wrote:

No lol.
Someone literally rides ahttp://www.vitalbmx.com/forums/General-BMX-Talk,2/I-run-a-dirtbike-chain,1088198dirtbike chain.
EDIT: heres a link lol now I know

Woah, that's crazy! Lol! Thanks for the link!

|

5/17/2013 6:20 PM

ImBrayden wrote:

I'll be there for sure tomorrow as long as it doesn't rain

|