Complete? or Build?

Related:
Create New Tag

7/31/2013 10:42 PM

Should i build on my Eastern frame, or should i just buy a complete???

|

*Refs* from, robinson79, obiwan chromoly, SuperstarDK, TCbmx., ScramHype.

I build bikes... I don't ride hard core anymore I just ride.

To get ahold of me easier text me, 405-567-57zero2

7/31/2013 10:51 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/31/2013 10:51 PM

build on your eastern, you will have more of a solid bike putting after market parts on a frame, then buying a compete and having to deal with stock parts breaking, and to get a stock bike with all aftermarket parts will caust more than $500 which you can buy the Untied build kit for.

|

MIDWEST MOTHER FUCKER

Bike Check
Bought from Tomdon, and ScramHype

7/31/2013 10:55 PM

Eastern is shit
Buy a complete and just upgrade it over time. A custom bike isn't always the greatest thing ever.

|

Put in work.
Put in work.
Put in work.
Flacko put 'em in the dirt.

7/31/2013 11:31 PM

I have 3 completes... Haro X1 traildigger and 2 custom.. Mantra and Ubited Trinity. But I'm thinking i want something i built.. not something i payed to have built ya know.... it's a hard decision. Leaning towards that United build kit.

|

7/31/2013 11:33 PM

Or i can just spend about $600 and pick each individual part???

|

8/1/2013 1:22 AM

that would cost way too much for me that would be at least like 1300$ to build myself a bike

|

8/1/2013 1:38 AM

Build, period.

|

Gravity sucks

8/1/2013 1:43 AM

Okay umm. You have a few bikes. Find what parts you like most from each, which frame you like most and just build one really awesome bike and have a few other ones that are meh. haha and maybe sell those ones and then upgrade some parts or a frame or something and that should help. Or i mean, if you can drop a good amount of money, get a complete. It seems completes are becoming better and better and i like that! haha

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

8/1/2013 5:56 AM

MaximusBikes wrote:

Okay umm. You have a few bikes. Find what parts you like most from each, which frame you like most and just build one really awesome bike and have a few other ones that are meh. haha and maybe sell those ones and then upgrade some parts or a frame or something and that should help. Or i mean, if you can drop a good amount of money, get a complete. It seems completes are becoming better and better and i like that! haha

I forgot i do have an old Hoffman Resistance... it's a tank. But it's in great shape lol. You can never have to many bikes.. but i think your right. I got rid of an 2011 Eastern Ramrodder, 2009 Premium Solo s. I just like collecting.

|

8/1/2013 5:58 AM

Dominorey wrote:

that would cost way too much for me that would be at least like 1300$ to build myself a bike

If i could get away with spending that much i certainly would.

|

8/1/2013 6:03 AM

Life is a Dive wrote:

Build, period.

I wanted an S&M frame... but i would most definitely spend more than $600 to build ot right.

|

8/1/2013 7:58 AM

Life is a Dive wrote:

Build, period.

bmxtru13 wrote:

I wanted an S&M frame... but i would most definitely spend more than $600 to build ot right.

Why S&M ? If you want a really good frame I would go for a WTP. Do you want a really good long lasting bike, just go for the best your money can buy. And be smart. Hubs are important, grips aren't.

|

Gravity sucks

8/1/2013 8:02 AM

Don't buy a stock bike. You'll regret it I'd rather not even ride then ride a stock bike. Build up your eastern or shit get a new frame if you want. Also buy some stuff used if it's in good condition.

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

8/1/2013 5:17 PM

If i'm going to stick to a budget then I'm going to need some help!

Wheels?
Forks?
Bars?
Seat/post. (I'm all about comfort)
Tires?
Hubs?
Crank?

|

8/1/2013 6:14 PM

Just go get a build kit, and build up from there.
YOLO

|

Put in work.
Put in work.
Put in work.
Flacko put 'em in the dirt.

8/1/2013 7:32 PM

FuckYoCult wrote:

Just go get a build kit, and build up from there.
YOLO

Are they worth the money?

|

8/1/2013 7:48 PM

If $600 is your budget a decent wheelset alone is going to cost around half that, doesn't leave much room for other parts. If i was you i'd probably go with something like the Fit Wifi Complete. It has a bunch of aftermarket parts and it's on sale for around $700, you can probably get it around close to $600 with a coupon code.

|

8/1/2013 8:17 PM

Fad3r wrote:

If $600 is your budget a decent wheelset alone is going to cost around half that, doesn't leave much room for other parts. If i was you i'd probably go with something like the Fit Wifi Complete. It has a bunch of aftermarket parts and it's on sale for around $700, you can probably get it around close to $600 with a coupon code.

It's not really a budget. More like if i spend more i will be single. Lmao jk... i will definitely check it out. Never even seen a Fit before! Heard of that bike though...

|

8/1/2013 8:25 PM

Build > Complete

Also, you can save a great deal of money by buying used parts.

|

REFS: Hatebreeder, Wolfen, Dolphin, ImCareb, ecuadevil, mnsketch, Showtime402, Dee Hos, ScramHype, howlerfbm, Mserno75, blueep3piece, handlebar-to-face, skubasteve, james.mcdermott, Alex_Kemp and many more . . .

8/1/2013 10:35 PM

Well i been really looking at the 2013 Fit WiFi... found a site that had it for $799.. and another for $720... looked a little harder and found it under $600. I'm sold on this bike... it's sick.

|

8/2/2013 6:22 PM

upgrade your parts little by little and then upgrade the frame to a used wifi. and boom here is your bike

|

8/2/2013 6:50 PM

Decent 2nd hand custom for that price, then replace parts as and when needed.

DO IT!!!

|

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

8/2/2013 8:21 PM

funfrontbrake wrote:

upgrade your parts little by little and then upgrade the frame to a used wifi. and boom here is your bike

Yeah i know but i've never owned a new bike before... the newest one i have is that Haro X1 2011. And 2 custom bikea already... i really want a new bike. Especially that one in particular.

|

8/2/2013 8:27 PM

Soulrebelrastaman wrote:

Decent 2nd hand custom for that price, then replace parts as and when needed.

DO IT!!!

I have 2 customs all ready... I'm thinking new. Something nobody else has messed with.. or painted. And I'm probably going to get the "clear" WiFi!!

I have really thought about it. And you guys have brought up alot of good points.. and i appreciate the feedback. But i've gave it alot of thought... new it is! It would seriously take an arm and leg to build a bike to my standards.. i've priced rims, hubs, forks, bars, seats/post etc... and for what i want i could buy 2 of those WiFi's.... so i will just get rid of some frames laying around collecting dust and make room for that Fit.

|