Confidence issues

Related:
Create New Tag

7/13/2013 7:18 AM

ive been of the bike for a while with a broken ankle and i went to the skate park for the first time again today i used to be able to do a load of stuff there but now i cant even drop in again as im afraid of hurting myself again i hurt myself riding in the first place.
anyone else have this problem and have any ways to help me get my riding confidence back again?
thanks.

|

GT BMX forever fuck you haters!

7/13/2013 7:26 AM

i fractured my ankle 4 yrs ago. doctors never took care of it. it's now cracking again cause it never healed right. i slapped on an ankle brace and im riding back at full potential again

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

7/13/2013 8:51 PM

its just one of those thinks your just going to have to work on, like i had a stupid fear of hoping to high cuz i thought i would make my stem slip and i would strip out the thread things on my bars, but eventually i got over it and im now hoping about stem height again.

|

MIDWEST MOTHER FUCKER

Bike Check
Bought from Tomdon, and ScramHype

7/14/2013 12:33 AM

When I dislocated my ankle. I couldn't wait to get back to riding I just bought a brace and waited the 6 weeks the. Started riding again. I couldn't wait.

But your just going to have to slowly push your self until your back to where you where before

|

I'm a punk bmxer, I can't do it well so I do it loud.

7/14/2013 4:31 AM

You're from Gloucester? We're close man. Just balls up and hope for the best, start doing thing you were confident with to get back into it, then try harder stuff.

|

I do stuff and I'm not good at it.
I got refs

7/14/2013 6:38 AM

Pad up, and work your way back to it. Muscle memory is still there.

Just take it easy, carve around, and try small things. Footplant drop in. Then roll in. Then hop in. Do a one hander. Then a small no hander. Then condor the hell out of a no hander. The list goes on. Just don't expect to get back to 100% right away. Work up to it.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura