Confidence issues...

Related:
Create New Tag

11/25/2013 7:52 AM

Is there any way to build up my confidence. I feel like i could be a hella lot better than I am if i wasn't so fucking worried about things etc. I just can't simply bring myself to do basic things and then get pissed off with myself. Is there any way to overcome this shit...
Chers.

|

Bruh

11/25/2013 8:01 AM

Same boat, man... I always think about the worst possible outcome for everything.

|

Refs - Night Light(x2), TCbmx(x2), metalheadification, netty speghetti, Dee Hos, burkminipup, Jon_rides_Eastern, ridebmx34, ScramHype, Wolfen, mnsketch, EmpireMonopoly, howlerfbm, ThomasEller, ii Krxfted, zachhendrix, pcoco,

Phone - 704 - 797 - 6844

11/25/2013 8:06 AM

FreddyDapice wrote:

Same boat, man... I always think about the worst possible outcome for everything.

sucks don't it. I simply think of slamming and gettting a concussion or something stupid when doing basic things like dropping a 5 set. like wtf brain

|

Bruh

11/25/2013 8:08 AM

Start off small and build from there. when ever i doubt myself i just go for basic stuff like hops and just try to get them as high as i can then do 180s until i feel like I'm doing them perfect and then i can just go for whatever it is i was trying to do.

Also just remember you're riding for fun being the best shouldnt be a priority

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

11/25/2013 8:14 AM

but when the priority is to be able to do something then it's a different story. I had 180s and fakies a few months ago, and due to having schoolwork I haven't been able to ride for a few months. Had the day off today (well, buss didn't bother to pick me up) so went for a ride. I couldn't 180 or fakie to save my life. I can't hop for shit atm either lol

|

Bruh

11/25/2013 8:14 AM

Pads/helmet could help avoid the fear factor as youll feel safer.
personally I always wear a hat when riding street. I cant ride without something on my head, it just makes me feel alot safer even though in reality its not protecting shit lol. Helmet at every park, even when not required.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

11/25/2013 8:17 AM

yeah, I would but pads etc don't make me feel any more confident, sometimes they make it worse.

|

Bruh

11/25/2013 8:19 AM

Go to therapy twice a week laughing

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

11/25/2013 8:24 AM

lol.

|

Bruh

11/25/2013 9:05 AM

Zach P-D wrote:

but when the priority is to be able to do something then it's a different story. I had 180s and fakies a few months ago, and due to having schoolwork I haven't been able to ride for a few months. Had the day off today (well, buss didn't bother to pick me up) so went for a ride. I couldn't 180 or fakie to save my life. I can't hop for shit atm either lol

Yeah i know what you mean I've had school and have to work everyday so im busy as hell and plus my chains broken so i haven't been able to ride for almost a month.

And i have the same problem qith fakies haha, most peoplebsay theyre the easiest thing to do but they kick my ass somedays i can do them somedays i cant. Best thing i can say is just have fun with it i know it may sound repetitive but its true

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

11/25/2013 9:26 AM

get a helmet, it takes away the fear of hitting your head

|

I'm gonna need bigger bars

11/25/2013 9:30 AM

FreddyDapice wrote:

Zach P-D wrote:

sucks don't it. I simply think of slamming and gettting a concussion or something stupid when doing basic things like dropping a 5 set. like wtf brain

Oh, your problem is a lot worse, aha. That sucks dude.

|

Refs - Night Light(x2), TCbmx(x2), metalheadification, netty speghetti, Dee Hos, burkminipup, Jon_rides_Eastern, ridebmx34, ScramHype, Wolfen, mnsketch, EmpireMonopoly, howlerfbm, ThomasEller, ii Krxfted, zachhendrix, pcoco,

Phone - 704 - 797 - 6844

11/25/2013 9:39 AM

yeah it blows. I reckon it would be ok if i had somewhere decent to ride but all i have at my house is a uneven country lane...

|

Bruh

11/25/2013 9:59 AM

Do a LOT of crack. It is what helps me. Makes you drop anything and now even second guess trying something XD

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

11/25/2013 10:00 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/25/2013 11:09 AM

A big part of bmx is mind games like this, you win when you rise above it, that's a big part of what makes bmx so awesome, you can overcome fears and look good doing it.

Don't be too hard on yourself tho mate, everyone has good and bad ride days, maybe today was just a bad day.

Do everything in small increments, like if you dropping stairsets start on a curb, get comfortable, move to a 2 stair get comfortable, move onto a 3 stairs...repeat ect.

As for trying small stuff on flatground don't worry about it, or over think it, cuz its highly unlikely that you will get hurt really bad doing anything on flatground, not impossible but highly unlikely.

Pads do help with confidence, but nothing builds confidence more than having bike control and knowing how to bail out of tricks, these things only come with practice, I know you've been busy but try and make time to ride everyday if possible, even if its only a short session its better than getting rusty by not riding for long periods.

Little & often is better than the alternative.

Good luck bro, stick with it. Have fun.

|

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

11/25/2013 11:23 AM

I wear a helmet And mouth guard.........I enjoy smoking a fatty before I ride......I seem to be more motivated and focused when I'm high................being confident in yourself deffinatly makes for better riding .......don't be afraid to take a few hard slams

|

11/25/2013 11:24 AM

If you already have it made up in your mind that you can't do something you won't be able to.

|

11/25/2013 2:32 PM

BNC wrote:

If you already have it made up in your mind that you can't do something you won't be able to.

WRONG. I had it made in my mind when I started bmx that I could barspin, a few days later I was very comforable with them.

|

11/25/2013 2:43 PM

Crash intentionally. Scared to manual? Loop out. Scared to bar spin? Purposely turn the bar half way and land. Etc...

|

I have 75 cool points and 5 awesome points

Buy/Sell Refs: Showtime402, fsearles, ticaleb, howlerfbm (x2), irideafly, the balt (x2), MrHavoc1988. dprc

11/25/2013 2:43 PM

BNC wrote:

Garnished wrote:

WRONG. I had it made in my mind when I started bmx that I could barspin, a few days later I was very comforable with them.

You just proved him RIGHT.

|

I have 75 cool points and 5 awesome points

Buy/Sell Refs: Showtime402, fsearles, ticaleb, howlerfbm (x2), irideafly, the balt (x2), MrHavoc1988. dprc

11/25/2013 2:57 PM

PAD UP.

Seriously. I rock knee pads and a helmet, and try a LOT more than I do without.

I actually hate riding without a helmet now. Doesn't matter what it is. Helmets at all times.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

11/25/2013 3:52 PM

What Dave said. As a little kid, we always used to play tackle football in the snow. There were kids ranging from middle school down to third grade. I was always scared to grab the bigger kids legs to tackle them. I'd see those boots and be afraid to get kicked in the nose or mouth.

Fast forward to my freshman year. All padded up, I wasn't afraid to hit anyone or anything, because I knew I was protected. Same goes for riding. When you stop thinking about the what if I don't land it and just go for it. The right PPE takes a good bit of the fear factor out of the equation.

That being said, I have knee and elbow pads, but still gotta find a xxl helmet.

|

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.

11/25/2013 3:52 PM

Helmets forsure I keep telling the new kids at the park and they don't listen until they fuck themselves up seen 2 of them lose teeth and about 5 of them get concussions........they seem to go for learning the hard way

|

11/25/2013 5:51 PM

Just have fun on your bike man, don't make it serious cause then it's no fun anymore! I've done some shit on my bike I never thought I'd do for a while and it's all about being positive and having a good time! Trust me it makes a difference

|

11/25/2013 6:56 PM

1.grab pussy lips
2.pull up as you push down a bit
3. Remove sack from within (May need lubed)
4. Go ride.

In all seriousness man, just go Have fun. That's all it's about.

|

I seek progression, not perfection.

Refs:Beastassdickwink~Dk/oldschool908~TheLilozzy~jaypee23~Bstick~agfracing~MoyBoy5~RIDE a BIKE~wade5~Mattmuldoon@hotmail.com x2~jakebikes~ joe loves shadow~ diss diqq~ k1ng~fly for life x2~spikez5~four~jb07~mike duda~ DORbmx~ bobPA~superstarDK

11/26/2013 4:03 AM

Everytime you go for a ride try and do something that scares you a bit. This is a good way of increasing your confidence relatively quickly. If you're scared to do a four stair now but you scare yourself doing it and then do the 5,6,7,8 etc you'll come back to the four and won't even think twice about it. Same goes for pretty much everything. Wearing a helmet while doing this will probably help too.

|

My Old* Steed

Click here and follow me :D
Twitterrr

11/26/2013 6:03 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/26/2013 6:04 AM

when i'm really scared of something i tell my friends about what i'm going to try, and make them see it or something, also, if it's cool enough i ask them to film it, that way i always pull the trick as it motivates me to land it.

|

11/26/2013 7:00 AM

ivancuestabmx wrote:

when i'm really scared of something i tell my friends about what i'm going to try, and make them see it or something, also, if it's cool enough i ask them to film it, that way i always pull the trick as it motivates me to land it.

Filming stupid stuff is WAY more fun haaha.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

11/26/2013 7:05 AM

ivancuestabmx wrote:

dave lawrence wrote:

Filming stupid stuff is WAY more fun haaha.

well that too but we are talking about scary things XD

|

11/26/2013 12:27 PM

Garnished wrote:

Did you even read my post?

|