Thinking About Possibly Selling My Frame And Buying This....

Related:
Create New Tag

12/12/2015 11:42 PM

Basically I got my United Mothership v2 Frame off my friend, and he does not seem to have the warranty info on hand anymore.

Someone offered to buy my frame for 150, I declined at first and said that I'd contact the guy about any changes.

The Eastern Codec Frame is on sale on Amazon for $156.15 with free shipping for Acid Wash Raw with a 20.75 Top Tube.

Anyway, since I won't be able to warranty the Mothership, but I can warranty the Codec, I feel like it can be okay to go through with selling my frame, but I don't know, what are your guys thoughts on this

Also... my friend bought his mothership v2 around the same time the v3 came out.

|

Welp, broke past 1000... yeeeee

My Youtube / RainBMX
My Insta / What_Is_Barspin

12/12/2015 11:47 PM

Why are you worried about warranty? I wouldn't ride anything if I thought I might break it. Pretty much my whole bike, and every bike I've had in the past 8 years has been mostly second hand parts.
Plus the mothership is a really nice frame from what I've heard.
I mean, it kind of makes sense as you'd be practically swapping a second hand frame for a new one. But will you really benefit from it?

|

12/13/2015 2:54 AM

Eastern made really good shit . Pretty sure the Codec was the thicker frame with more "street" designed tubing and specs than the typical park low - weight frame , if so that's a good deal .

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

12/13/2015 10:48 PM

Nah don't do that, that's ridiculous. I never once would recommend selling parts to buy new ones. The Mothership is a solid frame. Better than the Codec.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

12/14/2015 7:08 PM

Id love to have a mothership awesome bike hold on to it. them second hand parts are quite strong shit. only thing new on my bike is 1 tire and 2 bar ends lmfao

|

Built to abuse

12/15/2015 8:59 AM

I would definitely keep the Mothership. But I'm partial to United cause I ride a Rigal.

|

If it ain't broke...

12/15/2015 10:18 AM

MaximusBikes wrote:

Nah don't do that, that's ridiculous. I never once would recommend selling parts to buy new ones. The Mothership is a solid ...more

I would actually ALWAYS recommend selling old stuff to get new parts. I have done it TONS of times.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

12/15/2015 11:20 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/15/2015 11:20 AM

So I have not ditched this thread, I look at every reply, anyway here's an update, the Codec Frame is now just over 130 dollars ($133.87) so it decreased well under the offer to buy my frame, I swear amazon knows I want the frame and is teasing the shit out of me.

Eastern says as long as I have the receipt and as long as it's a new condition frame, they can warranty if inspection of any breaks happens to get approved.

|

Welp, broke past 1000... yeeeee

My Youtube / RainBMX
My Insta / What_Is_Barspin