Convertible Guts?

Related:
Create New Tag

7/1/2013 10:08 AM

So i am looking at getting some form of convertible guys to use a railed seat on a pivotal post. However... Some seem to require you drill a hole through the top of your seat to use a bolt like a standard pivotal set up.. However Odyssey guys seem to use a bolt like you would use on a hub. So do you have to try & get a spanner in through the underside of the seat or what? I'm confuzzeled! Can someone explain to me exactly how you use theses things? In particular the Odyssey ones please.

Cheers Guys, Stay Cool.

|

7/1/2013 10:14 AM

I would imagine.. keep in mind though there won't be any seat guts there anymore so there might be enough room to fit a wrench in there to tighten it as well. S&M makes a conversion thingy too but idk where to find it online. Only found pics, would bet a shop could get it though. [LINK TO IMAGE]

|

7/1/2013 10:18 AM

The Odyssey one has what looks like a Hub bolt on it! I've emailed Jim Bauer about it to see if he can give me a better explanation on how it works! In a couple of bike checks i found online with the Odyssey Guts they haven't drilled a hole in their seats which to me would look a shit load cleaner!

|

7/1/2013 10:29 AM

Yeah I'm pretty certain with the Odyssey one you don't need to make a hole in your seat, but it is a bit of a struggle tightening it up.

|

7/1/2013 10:33 AM

Just searched Odyssey Convertible on google images, and every single Bike shown with a railed seat and the Convertible Post had no hole in the seat.

Oh and by the way, Winstanleys are selling Demoliton Railed Posts for £10 at the moment, I bought one about a month ago and it's great.

|

7/1/2013 10:55 AM

I have a Polished Eclat Post, I am going to get Polished Convertible Guts & then get a KHE Watanabe seat, which is pretty much the best Flatland Seat EVER covered in Dark Tan Leather & have a little smidgen of padding added by James Covington who owns & runs Native BMX. Got to sort out a couple of things first. Ordering a few parts (Including the guts) In a couple of weeks then i'll sort out the seat! My Flatland Rig is going to look & most importantly ride BEAUTIFUL!

|

7/1/2013 11:01 AM

Photo
|

BikeCheck Refs:

BEASTASSDICKwink,Flocka Myers, ecuadevil,White Knight, bmxing12 ,obiwan chromoly,ScramHype, Hatebreeder,SnM An1mal,isnowyaznV2

7/1/2013 11:21 AM

I'm not going to use the Convertible post mate. Just the guts.

|

7/1/2013 2:46 PM

They bolt from the bottom. Convertible guts are for convertible seatposts. If yu want to use it on a regular seat you would have to tighten the bolt thru the end of your seat tube.

|

In midschool bike rides you.

7/1/2013 3:47 PM

just buy a pivotal seat?

|

MY SEXY BIKE CHECK!

sunny.jomofo, even more of a bitch than Dane wild!

if you need to talk to me text me 1-734-301-6545

on the legit list

35+ clean refs

7/1/2013 4:20 PM

A couple of things to answer here..

DrewH85, They CAN be used with other brands pivotal posts & railed seats! That was the whole point, Like for example you can run a railed seat with these on a Sunday Ian Frame, how do you do that up then? Here is an example, the guy who has done this is running a KHE Watanabe seat (Which is what i want to run) with convertible guts on a pivotal seat post.
[LINK TO IMAGE]
Also, This is the Description of the Convertible Guts from the Dans Comp Website....
Allows the use of railed seats on Pivotal seatpost or on frames with integrated Pivotal base.

Tito24, I want to run the KHE Watanabe seat on my Flatland bike, i was thinking of using it with my Eclat post but i will probably end up buying a Thomson Elite Post. Much less faffing around!

|

7/1/2013 4:22 PM

Ahh I see...

|

MY SEXY BIKE CHECK!

sunny.jomofo, even more of a bitch than Dane wild!

if you need to talk to me text me 1-734-301-6545

on the legit list

35+ clean refs

7/1/2013 5:01 PM

Topsey, The way I did it when I ran it on my S&M WTF I had a long "T" handled allen wrench and tightened it through the post.
[LINK TO IMAGE]
[LINK TO IMAGE]
[LINK TO IMAGE]

|

100+REFS
I'm on the Vital legit list.
Terrible One!
Mutiny Loosefer.
Tumblr.
PSN- timm-377

7/1/2013 5:03 PM

Thanks man! I am gunna need a LONG T handle though lol 230mm Post!

|

7/1/2013 9:51 PM

Topsey wrote:

Thanks man! I am gunna need a LONG T handle though lol 230mm Post!

Ohh damn! Is your seat post butted or straight gauge?
If its straight you can probably use a few socket extensions with the socket allen key.

|

100+REFS
I'm on the Vital legit list.
Terrible One!
Mutiny Loosefer.
Tumblr.
PSN- timm-377