Convince my Mom to let me ride brakeless

Related:
Create New Tag

8/31/2012 1:09 AM

All I hear is,"No! Your not taking them off" or,"Just don't use them then!"
I'v tried explaining that I'm good enough or they get in the way but nothing.
I'm getting to the point where I'm just going to get a freecoaster and just back pedal instead of seeing ugly brakes and always messing up my hand on them for barspins and tuck no handers

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

8/31/2012 1:14 AM

you don't NEED to remove the brakes and i think your mom is smart to make you keep them

sorry bro, safety is more important than lookin' fly at the skate park.

|

8/31/2012 1:44 AM

What he said ^^^

And I think your getting Freecoaster mixed up with a Coaster Brake.

|

8/31/2012 2:49 AM

Just move the lever out of the way and stop bitching.

|

8/31/2012 3:25 AM

yer just move the lever down so its pointing closer to the floor removing brakes wont lighten bike enough for you to feel a difference and you only want to follow the crowd safety first man

|

8/31/2012 3:51 AM

you already fucked up. You should have just taken them off and didn't say anything and she would have never noticed.

|

Refs - Night Light(x2), TCbmx(x2), metalheadification, netty speghetti, Dee Hos, burkminipup, Jon_rides_Eastern, ridebmx34, ScramHype, Wolfen, mnsketch, EmpireMonopoly, howlerfbm, ThomasEller, ii Krxfted, zachhendrix, pcoco,

Phone - 704 - 797 - 6844

8/31/2012 5:17 AM

You could get her to fork out for a Gyro if the cables are in your way. She might change her mind then lol. TBH I've heard that brakes are making a come back. Especially since Harry Main did Transgression Park, Edinburgh recently as he had brakes on. I personally want to keep my back break as it makes tricks a little easier and also if good for safety like sbc said earlier. I'm seriously considering taking my frame to a machine shop to drill and tap holes for a gyro because I want to keep them.

|

8/31/2012 5:25 AM

Yeahh keep the brakes. I'm working on getting mine on.

|

[LINK TO IMAGE][LINK TO IMAGE]
PayPal Verified(;
REFs: 1of1547, Areansfsl, ScramHype, Lirider187, Blizzbikes, tito24 aka mom, ii Krxfted, Broughton, Bmx-junkie, Stoney Hawk

Shadow - Subrosa

8/31/2012 6:08 AM

What I want to know is why would you even mention it in the first place to your mum. Should've just taken them off without her knowing...

|

8/31/2012 6:28 AM

Tabm8 wrote:

What I want to know is why would you even mention it in the first place to your mum. Should've just taken them off without her knowing...

this lmao...

|

MY SEXY BIKE CHECK!

sunny.jomofo, even more of a bitch than Dane wild!

if you need to talk to me text me 1-734-301-6545

on the legit list

35+ clean refs

8/31/2012 9:38 AM

please, oh god, please let this be a joke

|

8/31/2012 9:40 AM

Tabm8 wrote:

Because when kids are younger they don't understand that the less your parents know the better, don't tell them something unless you have to

|

8/31/2012 10:34 AM

supremelylazzy wrote:

Pretty much LOL
I took them off before and got in shit when she found out.

|

My Cult 2 Short

8/31/2012 10:55 AM

supremelylazzy wrote:

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

Pretty much LOL
I took them off before and got in shit when she found out.

Tell her you understand the need for breaks, but explain how they get in the way for barspins and ask her to buy you gyros. Parents loooove compromise(: atleast mine do.

|

Follow me on Instagram! @marlozorman

8/31/2012 12:29 PM

Thought: Just take them off and if your mum says anything then you can say "whoa mom, what you talking about no brakes" then show her the hole in the sole of your shoe smile lol.

|

8/31/2012 12:40 PM

YoshiK1 wrote:

Thought: Just take them off and if your mum says anything then you can say "whoa mom, what you talking about no brakes" then show her the hole in the sole of your shoe smile lol.

I've never understood this, the holes in the shoes that is, dont you guys put enough weight on the back tire preventing it from spinning? If the wheel dont spin its not gonna wear out your shoes. I brake like this when I have to, not very often, 2-3 times in a 2 or so hour session, and my right shoe(braking) wears at about the same rate as my left shoe(footjams), wear on the tire is pretty minor.

TL/DR if your wearing out your shoes braking your doing it wrong.

|

8/31/2012 12:47 PM

YoshiK1 wrote:

supremelylazzy wrote:

I've never understood this, the holes in the shoes that is, dont you guys put enough weight on the back tire preventing it from spinning? If the wheel dont spin its not gonna wear out your shoes. I brake like this when I have to, not very often, 2-3 times in a 2 or so hour session, and my right shoe(braking) wears at about the same rate as my left shoe(footjams), wear on the tire is pretty minor.

I have a back brake so I don't actually do this but I see everyone down here just slowing them self down so the tyre is rubbing against the trainer.

|

8/31/2012 12:48 PM

Just keep your brakes on, it's not a big deal.

|

8/31/2012 1:15 PM

supremelylazzy wrote:

This. When you jam your foot back there hard enough it should lock your wheel up like normal brakes would, it lessens the amount of wear on your shoes

|

8/31/2012 1:49 PM

do you ask your mom if you can change a flat?

|

refs- Tommyboy,mandingo215, lobo173, prophet,iridebmxeveryday,ctbmx86,1of1547,Warchol2,white knight,branBMX94,JakeSalbert

Subscribe to me on Youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/user/senika5634?feature=mhee

8/31/2012 4:07 PM

carjakester wrote:

do you ask your mom if you can change a flat?

Thats just being a dick
Matter of fact I fix of my friends flats and other stuff on there bike to save them from spending money on maintence/installation

Update ; My brakes don't work for hell now.

|

My Cult 2 Short

8/31/2012 4:11 PM

lol, i love how she said "you're not taking them off, just don't use them then" which is the correct answer

your mom may or may not know more about BMX then you.

|

8/31/2012 5:27 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/31/2012 5:28 PM

my brakes broke, so i just took them off "temporarily" until i could afford new ones. the break lever broke, the cable is worn, and one of the break arms is broken.

if you wait for your brakes to break, your parents will either:
a. make you buy a new break set, i'd get a gyro
b. buy you a break set, try to get a gyro
c. let you ride without them.

i never bothered to put them on because i dont need them. as far as safety goes, i wear a helmet, i dont ride parks or trails, and i stick to bike lanes and sidewalks. in the suburbs, you can generally expect most of the times you need to slow down/stop. and it isn't too crowded. as for riding the city, you shouldn't be going too fast anyway.
put your brake lever pointing down, so you shouldn't hit it when trying bars or tucks.

tl;dr just wait for them to break. worst case scenario, nothing changes.

|

8/31/2012 8:06 PM

Take them off when ur out side or what ever.. and put them on before you go back in...

|

Check out my youtube channel!! http://www.youtube.com/user/mikel8149

8/31/2012 8:41 PM

Just take them off or by a gyro. Riding brakeless isn't that much "better". I only ride brakeless because i don't like the lever and i just don't have the extra money to throw breaks on. I'm still getting some though when i order in my new bike. Just incase because brakes are fun if you want to learn some tricks with them.

|

8/31/2012 9:02 PM

sbc785 wrote:

lol, i love how she said "you're not taking them off, just don't use them then" which is the correct answer

We may or may not have a badass here,bringing intellect into inanimate objects

|

My Cult 2 Short

8/31/2012 9:47 PM

supremelylazzy wrote:

I thought that everyone knows that locking up your back tire isnt the most efficient way to brake and this also wears out the tires
either way you have to buy new shoes or new tires at some point locking your rear wheel up is not good when braking

|

8/31/2012 10:11 PM

I took it off my very first bike and my mom asked like once, not even seriously, and I've been riding brakeless ever since. Pretty comfortable.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

8/31/2012 11:48 PM

sbc785 wrote:

This. Everyone I know that has gone brakeless, has either done it because their brake didn't work, or because they kept pulling they're brakes to pussy out of things. I just don't put my brake on doing a line, simple as that.

|

9/1/2012 12:32 AM

Hahahahahahahahahahaha, you fucked up asking your mom little boy.

|

509-301-202one. April 14 Bike check

Refs-ninjacat33 x2, Warchol2, A08 x2, fsearles, bmxscout48, blackmammoth, ilovemybike22, ecuadevil, bmx, J.r._Faw, Pavimo, kymike, ScramHype, xlilkillaluc15x, bmxnick2511, semobmx, robinson79 x2

eBay - 120+ transactions, 100% feedback