Convince my Mom to let me ride brakeless

Related:
Create New Tag

9/1/2012 4:49 AM

If you take your brakes off your bike will explode and you will die.
Your choice buddy......
be safe or die.......

|

100+REFS
I'm on the Vital legit list.
Terrible One!
Mutiny Loosefer.
Tumblr.
PSN- timm-377

9/1/2012 5:33 AM

DIE.

|

[LINK TO IMAGE][LINK TO IMAGE]
PayPal Verified(;
REFs: 1of1547, Areansfsl, ScramHype, Lirider187, Blizzbikes, tito24 aka mom, ii Krxfted, Broughton, Bmx-junkie, Stoney Hawk

Shadow - Subrosa

9/1/2012 10:32 AM

i went breakless when my friend jumped on my bars and i hit teh brake and my cable snapped >:|

|

I ride a: Cult
why do I ride?:peer pressure

9/1/2012 11:26 AM

Honestly just rig the brake leaver to the frame. I bet it could clamp to a chainstay. barspin and twhip whenever you want. that way it could look cleaner and you have one for when you actually need one. The only time i'd want a brake is when i bomb hills. Damn, start your own trends. If i see this in the future i claim starting it. I think i've come up with a good idea. Call it: The E (emergency) brake

I'm a fucking genius haha

|

9/1/2012 7:19 PM

MeRidesBikes wrote:

Honestly just rig the brake leaver to the frame. I bet it could clamp to a chainstay. barspin and twhip whenever you want. that way it could look cleaner and you have one for when you actually need one. The only time i'd want a brake is when i bomb hills. Damn, start your own trends. If i see this in the future i claim starting it. I think i've come up with a good idea. Call it: The E (emergency) brake

Lol, I've seen this somewhere before.... Not sure where though

|

Lol. Xzibit plz
Shakesman69: Seeing a girl on a bike is like seeing a unicorn walking down the main street.
Brokenbmx: i pooped butterflies once.

Bought from: Ridebmx456 TCbmx(x2) Wade., Ticaleb
Sold to: Sprocket: Mike - E, Front Hub: Kroller, Back wheel: imgoingtohavetocuthere
Local deal for a rear wheel with: bmx

9/1/2012 8:29 PM

MeRidesBikes wrote:

Its been done.
http://www.bmx-forum.com/t/256942/i-like-my-mismatched-wheels

|

100+REFS
I'm on the Vital legit list.
Terrible One!
Mutiny Loosefer.
Tumblr.
PSN- timm-377

9/1/2012 11:46 PM

Just tell her it will make you even better at controlling your bike and will also make you more conscious about your decisions. Honestly it does help be more aware of your surroundings and keeps you more alert at times. I don't always just fly down a hill unless I know it's safe to go. So it's possible that you can get more reckless with brakes installed. wink

|

9/1/2012 11:47 PM

Oh and don't forget to mention that all the cool kids are doing it.

|

9/2/2012 12:10 AM

MeRidesBikes wrote:

Shit, i guess theres more then one genius on this planet!

|

9/2/2012 8:31 AM

No. Just no. Keep them on and don't use them.

Seriously.

Freecoasters don't have brakes, so I don't understand your logic there.

But no.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

9/2/2012 9:33 AM

Just stop riding your bike. If your mommy won't let you take your brakes off you should just throw away your bike. If your not cool doing the sport don't do it at all.

|

Lol. Xzibit plz
Shakesman69: Seeing a girl on a bike is like seeing a unicorn walking down the main street.
Brokenbmx: i pooped butterflies once.

Bought from: Ridebmx456 TCbmx(x2) Wade., Ticaleb
Sold to: Sprocket: Mike - E, Front Hub: Kroller, Back wheel: imgoingtohavetocuthere
Local deal for a rear wheel with: bmx

9/2/2012 9:41 AM

dave lawrence wrote:

No. Just no. Keep them on and don't use them.

Seriously.

Freecoasters don't have brakes, so I don't understand your logic there.

But no.

He meant a coaster brake.....

|

Instagram= suckmydeeeck
Tumblr= http://benkingyo.tumblr.com/

9/2/2012 2:51 PM

i was riding brakeless before brakeless was cool.......i remember when riders at skateparks hated on brakeless riders cause they didnt want to collide with them.............i like to sand against the grain and recently just put on a gyro and some brakes on and the next on the to do list is a new fork with front brakes.......fufanus and abubacas are great.....brakes are totally bitchin these days

|

9/2/2012 3:23 PM

eskimojay wrote:

i was riding brakeless before brakeless was cool.......i remember when riders at skateparks hated on brakeless riders cause they didnt want to collide with them.............i like to sand against the grain and recently just put on a gyro and some brakes on and the next on the to do list is a new fork with front brakes.......fufanus and abubacas are great.....brakes are totally bitchin these days

Youre totaaally not a hipstertongue

|

Follow me on Instagram! @marlozorman

11/20/2020 2:35 AM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

All I hear is,"No! Your not taking them off" or,"Just don't use them then!"
I'v tried explaining that I'm good enough or they get in the way but nothing.
I'm getting to the point where I'm just going to get a freecoaster and just back pedal instead of seeing ugly brakes and always messing up my hand on them for barspins and tuck no handers

you fucked up

|

11/20/2020 2:41 AM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

All I hear is,"No! Your not taking them off" or,"Just don't use them then!"
I'v tried explaining that I'm good enough or they get in the way but nothing.
I'm getting to the point where I'm just going to get a freecoaster and just back pedal instead of seeing ugly brakes and always messing up my hand on them for barspins and tuck no handers

samuel999 wrote:

you fucked up

Says the guy bumping an 8 year old thread

|

11/20/2020 12:46 PM

I stopped riding brakeless but there are just too many hills in my area. I like the clean feel of brakeless, but I was tired of going through tires so quickly.

|

11/20/2020 3:13 PM

vagabond wrote:

I stopped riding brakeless but there are just too many hills in my area. I like the clean feel of brakeless, but I was tired of going through tires so quickly.

Lol, I hate brakes, I live in a super hilly area, so stopping gets quite creative sometimes

|

11/20/2020 3:31 PM

Sorry meant to say I stopped riding brakes because of the hills. this year has been really hard to find the tires (or any part for that matter) I like and it felt like I was having to do crazy internet research just to find rear tire replacements.

|

11/20/2020 3:33 PM

vagabond wrote:

Sorry meant to say I stopped riding brakes because of the hills. this year has been really hard to find the tires (or any part for that matter) I like and it felt like I was having to do crazy internet research just to find rear tire replacements.

Ah, I get you, tires are the only thing I hate researching about too cause of how many choices there are

|