Correcting f********* spins

Related:
Create New Tag

2/27/2020 2:13 PM

Started BMX about 6 months ago. Achieving a lot of progress but was/still not very knowledgeable about a lot of things. I don't ride with anyone who's really good or even better than me, so I have no one to ask personally for advice. Anyway, long story short... I'm LFF and spin to my left and now I realizing 360s are so difficult they're not even fun to do but I want them dialed so bad.. also half cabs are a pain in the ass. I can 180 fakie to my "correct" side but they just don't feel right where I feel I have absolutely no bike control, especially in lifting my back tire. So my question is. Is it possible by just drilling the shit out of spinning to my right will I eventually lose that mental awkward feeling?

|

2/27/2020 2:37 PM

yep.

keep practicing.

Sometimes my opposite tricks would end up being easier for me than the normal way. Just comes with practice.

|

2/27/2020 2:40 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/27/2020 2:40 PM

Agree. Repetition will make almost anything feel normal.

Think back 6 months to how weird it felt doing any tricks at first and compare it to how you feel now. Probably worlds apart.

|

2/27/2020 2:41 PM

Keep doing them opposite , you can get those opposite 360 look backs down the road

|

2/27/2020 6:50 PM

Yup practice makes perfect. You may be goofy which is fine just do what's comfortable. Sometimes an opposite trick can feel better. Like for me I'm right foot forward and spin to the left. Usually people do footplants with their front foot but it doesn't feel right so I do them with my left. Remember to pull hard and to turn you body when you 3. The only time having a opposite normal can be a problem is really in a game of BIKE, but ya know that doesn't really matter.

|

2/27/2020 10:16 PM

I know how you feel, I'm LFF but do pretty much everything the way a "proper" RFF rider would. You definitely can do it, like everyone said, practice = learning it, but at the end of the day, whatever feels most comfortable/natural will do.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike.
@scootereyn

2/29/2020 2:06 AM

Goonie Rooney wrote:

Started BMX about 6 months ago. Achieving a lot of progress but was/still not very knowledgeable about a lot of things. I ...more

I'm not good but when I practice half cab or 180 I do it right foot but I ride left.
I've found some tricks are easier switch I guess.
I might ride goody.
Idk I'm no help.

|