Create New Tag

12/20/2015 3:55 PM

Photo

Photo

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

12/20/2015 4:04 PM

Sounds pretty sick, but I'm not touching it for awhile. I feel like this is Eclats way of having an "innovative" coaster, yanno since it didn't work out too well the first time. Hopefully if it's as good as it sounds, we'll start seeing it used on more coasters. Till then, I don't want to trust an Eclat coaster lol.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

12/20/2015 4:45 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/20/2015 4:45 PM

look like bsd west coaster hub with the o-ring thing

We utilized a totally new type of drag mechanism, instead of the usual ‘metal grinding on metal’ spring arrangement we used a heavy friction O-ring to create drag on a highly ground and polished section of the axle. This makes for smooth operation, while generating ample friction to engage the hub.

We tested many different designs of the driver, the all bushing systems we tried had too much wobble, we also tested various configurations of cartridge bearings, they had their own issues. We got the best results using 2 x cartridge bearings, 1 x polymer bush bearing and a C-clip to keep everything simple, steady and solid.”

|

12/20/2015 6:14 PM

Eh, still not a clutch so it's not worth even being in the same level as that thing. Better axle, better friction system, it's press fit, and you can adjust the slack while on the go if you need to. It's so nice in comparison.

Still nice of them to attempt something different.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

12/20/2015 6:30 PM

MaximusBikes wrote:

Eh, still not a clutch so it's not worth even being in the same level as that thing. Better axle, better friction system, it's press fit, and you can adjust the slack while on the go if you need to. It's so nice in comparison.

Still nice of them to attempt something different.

Haha .

Wonder what's gonna happen with the clutch hub with Sexton kicked .

I'll be getting this next summer potentially , I'm happy with how Eclats hubs are holding up , amongst my stupid nag to mess everything up that I touch LOL. And the Contra / Stevie pedals ... fuck me silly.

|

My Cult 2 Short

12/20/2015 8:07 PM

Id be willing to be a test monkey and try one out. Been wanting to build a second rear wheel for a while now. So now its between this and a clutch... wichever one comes out in polished first, I d buy.

In no rush at all though lol.

|

FREE not under the control or in the power of another; able to act or be done as one wishes
STYLE a particular, distinctive, or characteristic mode of action or manner of acting

12/20/2015 11:02 PM

Everyone knows I'm stoked and ride like 40-60% Eclat parts , so I'd pick one up . Wonder what the price will be Canadian . The Clutch is like 320$ here on top of my head before taxes and shipping .

The 1/4th crank of slack sounds amazing , I wonder if it'll come stock like that . This no play idea sounds amazing .

|

My Cult 2 Short

12/21/2015 12:32 AM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

Everyone knows I'm stoked and ride like 40-60% Eclat parts , so I'd pick one up . Wonder what the price will be Canadian . The Clutch is like 320$ here on top of my head before taxes and shipping .

The 1/4th crank of slack sounds amazing , I wonder if it'll come stock like that . This no play idea sounds amazing .

Yes it comes with 1/4 crank of slack out of the box, but we have polymer spacers which can be used to adjust the slack much like a KHE/Yu-hub style coaster, you can get the slack much smaller.

|

12/21/2015 12:33 AM

BMXism wrote:

Id be willing to be a test monkey and try one out. Been wanting to build a second rear wheel for a while now. So now its between this and a clutch... wichever one comes out in polished first, I d buy.

In no rush at all though lol.

The Cortex is available NOW in Polished wink

|

12/21/2015 2:04 AM

eclatbmxparts wrote:

The Cortex is available NOW in Polished wink

what mailorders in the US carry polished all i see is black

|

1996 dyno slammer, 1997 mosh pro, 1998 gt vertigo, 2000 haro backtrail x3, 2004 free agent tigercat, 2005 volume dinosaur, 2005 s&m black bike, 2013 stolen saint 24", 2015 flybikes proton

12/21/2015 3:54 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/21/2015 3:56 AM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

At the shop near me i think is 280$ for the hub, so maybe online the price will be better.

I like Eclat some people hate them, but i think they try a lot to bring something new. We need more compagnie like that... So far i dont have any problem with Eclat product.

|

12/21/2015 8:29 AM

eclatbmxparts wrote:

Yes it comes with 1/4 crank of slack out of the box, but we have polymer spacers which can be used to adjust the slack much like a KHE/Yu-hub style coaster, you can get the slack much smaller.

Yeeeeooooo

|

My Cult 2 Short

12/22/2015 4:50 PM

should be Crotex....

|

please embed videos

My art c:

bought from: Mario.villegas90, robinson79
[b]