Cotton self adhesive tape?

Related:
Create New Tag

10/16/2017 3:01 AM

What do you guys think about this stuff

I'm thinking about getting some and covering parts of my bike with it.

It could protect it from hits, and it looks kinda cool.

It looks doable

|

10/16/2017 5:16 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/16/2017 6:08 AM

Meh. Your bike isn't supposed to be perfect. When you have a bike that's perfect, either it's new, it's never ridden, or you are so good you never bail.

I refer you to the old adage: "Scars are just tattoos with an interesting story..."

|

10/16/2017 5:28 AM

It's not going to stop a dent, and you'll see the seams, so it'll probably look a bit poo

|

10/16/2017 8:30 AM

Wrap your bike in bubble wrap , then you can lake jump it

|

10/16/2017 9:17 AM

Like maxi pads?...

|

10/16/2017 3:32 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

It's not going to stop a dent, and you'll see the seams, so it'll probably look a bit poo

Plus on a few hot, sunny days it will become a gross sticky goo with tape.

Pass.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

10/16/2017 3:44 PM

the best way to stop dents & scratches on your bike is to not ride it at all

|

10/16/2017 9:36 PM

am-shaegar wrote:

What do you guys think about this stuff

I'm thinking about getting some and covering parts of my bike with it.

It could ...more

Im going to have to agree with others on this. I used to be picky about scratches and dents on my things. As long as its not structural damage, it really doesnt matter that much.

I had a brand new Sunday Street Sweeper frame just a little while ago, messed up on some parallel hops and trying to learn pedal stalls...boom! No longer a nice, new frame, BIG OL' gouges in my chainstays...Got scratches from throwing it in the back of the truck and crashes. Bmx bikes are MADE for abuse and unless you are just literally riding, it is bound to happen and normal.

If you ARE just riding it and wanting to sell it later, protect it, it would be foolish not to.

That is my (and others) advice to you. smile

|

10/16/2017 11:30 PM

If your bike looks brand new all the time, your doing it wrong.

|