Could this be the lightest street worthy FC wheel?

Related:
Create New Tag

1/13/2022 10:11 AM

Don't quote me on it cuz I don't know everything, but, barring Carbon Rims and Ti spokes, I think the low pro rims are the lightest street specific rims available and the WtP Hybrid Hub is also the lightest FC available (that isn't a POS)
Stolen LowPro Rim, WTP Hybrid Hub, Double butted spokes, Alloy Nipples, All HubGuards and Hardware included.

42.4 oz / 2lb 10.4 oz

Fire away y'all.

Photo
Photo

|

1/13/2022 10:28 AM

Could be tbh. I have no clue what my coaster wheel weighs lmao

|

1/13/2022 10:52 AM

The rims might be light. But they look wafty af

|

1/13/2022 11:03 AM

.pegless. wrote:

The rims might be light. But they look wafty af

What do you mean by wafty? I mean, im sure there are stronger rims, but these have not given me any reason to try others. I blast bowls real high, do loads of backwheel stuff and 3s and really have not felt them flex or have any complaints. Even when a few of the spokes are loose, they don't come out of true. I also know how to assemble and true wheels right so that makes a big difference in how well a wheel holds up to load. Not to mention the very noticeable weight benefits.

|

1/13/2022 12:07 PM

I'm just not sure if I could trust them myself, but if they're holding up that's good

|

1/13/2022 2:15 PM

Had a pretty light setup around 2008 with a 24.7oz front wheel and 35.28oz rear wheel :

WTP Pi hub / Titanium axle / Khe butted spokes / Aluminum nipples / Alienation Deviant rim
PROPER Magnalite cassette / Khe butted spokes / Aluminum nipples / Superstar rim

Considering the freecoaster hub and guards, your is pretty impressively light

|

French BMX shop located South Est www.unleadedbmx.com

1/13/2022 2:58 PM

I just laced a Fiend Cab V2 to my Federal Rims...feels heavy AF! Feels super burley and solid tho which is kind of what I was aiming for.

|

1/14/2022 5:20 AM

vagabond wrote:

I just laced a Fiend Cab V2 to my Federal Rims...feels heavy AF! Feels super burley and solid tho which is kind of what I was ...more

The Cab V2 still use a clutch internal design, but without the s***** spring/ball, that's a good thing smile

|

1/14/2022 11:27 PM

Sean_Goff wrote:

Don't quote me on it cuz I don't know everything, but, barring Carbon Rims and Ti spokes, I think the low pro rims are the ...more

Why not Alienation Malice rim? Should hold up and is lighter than the Stolen at about 11.5 ounces

|

1/15/2022 11:25 AM

Sean_Goff wrote:

Don't quote me on it cuz I don't know everything, but, barring Carbon Rims and Ti spokes, I think the low pro rims are the ...more

pnfdog wrote:

Why not Alienation Malice rim? Should hold up and is lighter than the Stolen at about 11.5 ounces

It's 28.5mm wide...quite skinny to use on a street setup I think

|

1/15/2022 6:34 PM

Sean_Goff wrote:

pnfdog wrote:

Unleaded BMX wrote:

It's 28.5mm wide...quite skinny to use on a street setup I think

Ah yes I forgot street riders use very wide tires . The Malice fits more tires below 2.0

|

1/15/2022 6:54 PM

pnfdog wrote:

The street worthy part is what concerns me. These rims I've been riding street on for over a year with no troubles. A couple scratches from missed grinds, but they're still as straight as day one.

|

1/15/2022 7:04 PM

Unleaded BMX wrote:

Had a pretty light setup around 2008 with a 24.7oz front wheel and 35.28oz rear wheel :

WTP Pi hub / Titanium axle / Khe ...more

Street Worthy, and Freecoaster Hub are the criteria for the weight class I'm referring to. Ti spokes can be used on street I guess, havent really tried it cuz of the cost tbh. This hub is new, but the rim is well over a year old with pretty regular riding.

|

1/15/2022 8:16 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/15/2022 8:22 PM

So disclaimer.... I'm not saying these rims are stronger than Rollcages or any other super heavily built rims.. just that, (from my experience and in my belief) they are strong ENOUGH for the majority of street riding a person would do. They were literally designed as Street Rims. Some other heavy duty rims, I'm sure have a higher failure point in a controlled test. However, I do believe (from my personal experience with these rims), that the failure points on these rims is still plenty outside of the forces you would normally encounter in most street riding. Also the greater width (than classic rims) and curved shape, if I'm not mistaken, adds more side to side stiffness (less flex) than the rectangular, and more.narrow shape of the majority of rims.

|

1/15/2022 9:26 PM

Sean_Goff wrote:

So disclaimer.... I'm not saying these rims are stronger than Rollcages or any other super heavily built rims.. just that, ...more

I think, just like the everything with BMX parts, that the important thing is that you like it and are comfortable riding it. I would be stoked to try out that Hybrid hub.

|

1/16/2022 12:43 AM

for dinner i made myself a soyrizo ( soy chorizo) burrito. its pretty cheap and tastes dank. i cook the soyrizo til its starting to firm up and blacken, then i crack an egg and add cheese. mix the egg nice while its still runny til its part of the mixture. i then turned the heat almost all thr way down and put an ungodly amount of salsa verde in the pan and let it soak and sizzle. i put it all in a tortilla but if you are really down bad you can put it over rice ( i used minute rice (with a top ramen seasoning packet in the water) a ton cuz shit is a godsend).

But if you are really really down bad i buy frozen california mix frozen veggies (carrots, corn, peas, broccoli) and other shit too. You thaw those out and out em in a pan to blacken and crisp. I add a fuckton of seasoning but for that i got some creole seasoning i use (fuck lawrys shit is too salty and has little flavor). So yeah just let that shit go crazy, then i put it in a bowl and add sriracha.

If you are really really down bad trader joes frizen veggie fried rice is dank, sometimes i add cooked top ramen noodles to the mixure and let em fry with the rice so u got a fuckton more carbs and energy to smoke weed all day

|

13 years old

1/17/2022 7:35 AM

Krooked wrote:

for dinner i made myself a soyrizo ( soy chorizo) burrito. its pretty cheap and tastes dank. i cook the soyrizo til its ...more

Top Ramen Seasoning Packets FTW. 💪💪

|