Cracked Rim

Related:
Create New Tag

3/26/2018 9:31 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/26/2018 9:33 PM

Well my Cult Match Rim in the Rear has a crack on both sides, Im gonna take it easy on the wheel but its my transit to work, all the spokes are fine and the wheel is true. I've already ordered a Ribcage and some 182mm spokes to lace to my Odyssey Clutch V2; I've never built a wheel and of course I've been trying to watch vids and lurk old threads. Just want to check with the community here make sure that spoke length is right also any tips, advice, resources you can give me relating would be sweet. Thanks ya'll!Photo

Photo

|

3/26/2018 9:33 PM

Just give it time to heal I’m sure it will make a full recovery

|

3/27/2018 1:01 AM

The best video on lacing a wheel is by Dan Foley he makes it really clear and simplifies It a lot

|

Hmmm

3/27/2018 1:27 AM

That happened to a rim of mine, it cracked all the way around the weld! It was 8 years old at the time so I suppose something was going to go. The hub was pretty knackered too so I bought a whole new wheel with a G-sport rim, which I'm very happy with smile Nothing as good as new parts!

|

3/27/2018 4:18 AM

Dang dude! What we're you doing that caused it to crack? Also, lacing wheels really isn't that hard, it's a bit to comprehend and do first, but once you recognize the pattern it's not hard... and also make sure that the spokes that go under the others go under or if they go over etc.

Just look at your front wheel to see the pattern and the correct spoke patterns.... and take your time and tighten all the spokes evenly when you're finished lacing the wheel, other wise you'll have huge hops and bends in your rim....

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

3/27/2018 4:42 AM

This video just found and it's probably the easiest way I've ever seen someone explain how to lace a wheel... I'd use this video if I were you....
|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

3/27/2018 6:25 AM

I have a small crack in my front rim near the weld. I havent checked it in a long time...maybe I should. Lol

|

3/27/2018 6:41 AM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

Dang dude! What we're you doing that caused it to crack? Also, lacing wheels really isn't that hard, it's a bit to comprehend and do first, but once you recognize the pattern it's not hard... and also make sure that the spokes that go under the others go under or if they go over etc.

Just look at your front wheel to see the pattern and the correct spoke patterns.... and take your time and tighten all the spokes evenly when you're finished lacing the wheel, other wise you'll have huge hops and bends in your rim....

I couldn't tell you what cracked it, or how long its been there. I just noticed it yesterday. I've only had the wheel since mid January, I ride a beefy 2.38 (inflated) Animal GHL with like 80-90psi. I knew I Should of sprung for some Gsports when I had the wheel built. . .but NO I had to be the cool kid with matching cult rims.

|