Cracked bottom tube

Related:
Create New Tag

4/18/2014 7:58 PM

i cracked my bottom tube today doing an 180 saw stress cracks for months anyways.....ordered a new frame for the mean while should i duct tape the bottom tube with the top tube so it's atleast safer until my new frame comes in what would you do?

|

Ride Or Die
PrimoPro Hub All Day
Tan Walls above all

4/18/2014 7:59 PM

Film really stressful tricks and hope you get a good snap video.

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

4/18/2014 8:02 PM

just saw it off & make your bike lighter in the meantime

|

4/18/2014 8:06 PM

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

This.

|

4/18/2014 11:10 PM

What the fuck is duct tape going to do?

|

4/19/2014 1:56 AM

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

biggybuggy wrote:

This.

That.

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

4/19/2014 4:50 AM

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

biggybuggy wrote:

This.

T-rider wrote:

That.

THOOSE.

|

4/19/2014 1:18 PM

I wouldn't ride with a bottom tube crack, your going to end up fucking yourself up

|

4/19/2014 7:13 PM

biggybuggy wrote:

This.

T-rider wrote:

That.

kokyandrei wrote:

THOOSE.

These.

|

"If you can't beat me on a bike, beat me off." -Will Stock
Bike Check
YouTube
Edit
FaceBook (Still Wock)
Twitter (@WillStockSucks)
Instagram (@WillStockSucks)

4/20/2014 8:12 AM

Duct tape will just hide the fact that the cracks got bigger, so it will give you false confidence, then it will give out at the worst possible time, causing you to get hurt, meaning your new frame will go unridden for months.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

4/20/2014 12:42 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/20/2014 12:49 PM

Rent a cracker box and just stick weld it. Remove the paint off along the length of the crack, grind a v along its length as well, run a bead. Fixed

|

4/20/2014 1:30 PM

95horsepower wrote:

Rent a cracker box and just stick weld it. Remove the paint off along the length of the crack, grind a v along its length as well, run a bead. Fixed

Stick welding is AWFUL on thin materials. It would likely blow through the materials and then be a HUGE pain to fill in the blown out holes.

Honestly a Tig Welder would be ideal, MIG (wire-feed) welder would work, hell, even a Torch and filler rod would help.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

4/20/2014 2:04 PM

Agrred a tig would be ideal but a mig would work well

|

4/21/2014 12:10 AM

95horsepower wrote:

Agrred a tig would be ideal but a mig would work well

No, it really wouldn't work well at all.

|

4/21/2014 12:16 AM

dave lawrence wrote:

Duct tape will just hide the fact that the cracks got bigger, so it will give you false confidence, then it will give out at the worst possible time, causing you to get hurt, meaning your new frame will go unridden for months.

This.

Better to see the crack as it grows, better to just not ride it at all, or at the very least only cruise on it

|

4/21/2014 5:59 AM

dave lawrence wrote:

sundaybmxRR wrote:

This.

Better to see the crack as it grows, better to just not ride it at all, or at the very least only cruise on it

Take it to a local weld shop and see what it would cost to lay a bead on the cracks.

|

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura