Only had it 4 months and i got it brand new. Photo

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

9/13/2014 8:12 AM

You are one unlucky dude. That sucks so bad. I would definitely call GSport or email the hell out of them with pics. This SHOULD NOT happen to a rim of only 4 months. Isnt that rim like almost 100$??!?!

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

9/13/2014 8:13 AM

MaximusBikes wrote:

You are one unlucky dude. That sucks so bad. I would definitely call GSport or email the hell out of them with pics. This ...more

Yeah it was $90.

|

bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

9/13/2014 8:23 AM

This sucks but I've gotta say it....bravo on that mate, that's something to be proud of haha

Hopefully gsport will sort it for ya, I'm sure they will.

|

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

9/13/2014 8:27 AM

How exactly did this happen?

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

9/13/2014 9:36 AM

Call G Sport right now and tell them that your Ribcage cracked and you just contracted Lou Gehrig's disease from it and if you don't get a new rim by the end of next week, you will die.

|

"If you can't beat me on a bike, beat me off." -Will Stock

YouTube
Instagram (@WillStockSucks)

9/13/2014 10:03 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/13/2014 10:42 AM

I see a half assed weld.. It's not cracked, split right at the seam. Always check the seam quality when getting new rims. Some are bound to come defected. I would have returned that poo asap. 4 months isn't much, see what gsport can do for you.

|

FREE not under the control or in the power of another; able to act or be done as one wishes
STYLE a particular, distinctive, or characteristic mode of action or manner of acting

9/13/2014 10:44 AM

BMXism wrote:

I see a half assed weld.. It's not cracked, split right at the seam. Always check the seam quality when getting new rims. Some ...more

I agree, i did look at the weld before i built it and it looked good though. I'm not sure how i did it, i only noticed because i was changing a flat. I did 360 a five set yesterday and i rode up a six stair and 180 down multiple times so i'm guessing it was that.

|

bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

9/13/2014 10:51 AM

I cracked a g sport roll cage , I think I'm still actually riding it on one of my bikes it still works fine

|

9/13/2014 11:14 AM

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

I agree, i did look at the weld before i built it and it looked good though. I'm not sure how i did it, i only noticed because ...more

Yep.
looks like they went a bit too far on one side when grinding down the weld. Too much material was lost thus a weak connection. It happens. Not everything produced comes out perfect.

|

FREE not under the control or in the power of another; able to act or be done as one wishes
STYLE a particular, distinctive, or characteristic mode of action or manner of acting

9/13/2014 11:25 AM

I have an extra wheel to use for the time being. I was gonna get a roof drop for my edit. Of course a cop showed up and shut it down.

|

bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

9/13/2014 3:28 PM

Uh oh, one defective rim has surfaced. Everyone jump on the GSport hate wagon! Haha

|

9/13/2014 4:10 PM

Sorry to see that. Please contact Odyssey warranty and we will get you sorted out.

smile
G.

|

9/13/2014 4:47 PM

Gsport George wrote:

Sorry to see that. Please contact Odyssey warranty and we will get you sorted out.

smile
G.

DAMN That warranty / loyalty has my money if you dont hate me over my doubts on the Clutch coaster :O

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

9/13/2014 8:00 PM

Gsport George wrote:

smile
G.

Already have! And just to keep this clear, i still love gsport. I just got a rim with a defect. Aslong as i can get a free replacent i'm all happy. I just thought this was crazy when i found it.

|

bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

9/13/2014 8:18 PM

Yeah as said it's a manufacturing defect, it happens. After it was welded, it was grinded down just a littttttle too much.

I really love that Gsport George is frequenting the forum lately haha.

|

9/14/2014 4:57 AM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

Yeah as said it's a manufacturing defect, it happens. After it was welded, it was grinded down just a littttttle too much.

I ...more

Mr French is a bloody legend. IM on bikeguide all the time and love reading what he has to here. Has taught me a thing or two lately. And his hate rants are beautiful. Also yeah this has to be a defect. By the amount of firecracks big drops. Sideways landing. Death gripping a roof drop nosing it and that resi jump gone wrong and my ribcage is still beautiful. But also is my hula hoop. Though the ribcage is half the weight and wider.

ultra proud g-sport supporter right here. Hope a mate on bg gets back to me about a 48 ratchet

|

The first breath is the beginning of death

9/14/2014 11:27 AM

^lol! My first rear rim was a 48h HulaHoop. My first lace job as well.. fucked it up completely but that rim was bomb proof anyway. Then ran a Balance for the longest time and eventually developed legit cracks. Then snagged a new 48 Ribcage for $25, used Georg's guide to 'interlace'... been a perfect spinning wheel since. The Ribcage is good shit.

|

9/15/2014 8:46 PM

Lol I saw your new edit and hauling ass up stair cases isnt helping.

|

When the river runs red, take the dirt road instead.