Cracked rim

Related:
Create New Tag

7/23/2013 7:39 PM

I have never cracked a rim before till now and it was a odyssey quadrant rim is that normal cause i just got it trued a month ago and there was no cracks.

|

treebmxer_222

7/23/2013 7:46 PM

I cracked a primo in a bunch of different spots.

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

7/23/2013 9:33 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/23/2013 9:35 PM

I'm going to assume you cracked it near the joint? Quadrant's are pinned IIRC (someone correct me if I am wrong)... and pinned rims are extremely weak and prone to splitting at the joint. Welded rims FTW!

On another note, there are Sun Big Baller rims on eBay for $19.99 plus 10-11 in shipping. They are beefy, have eyelets, double walled,and welded. Plus that particular rim on eBay has machined sidewalls for better braking. Let me go find a link....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/380683294617?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:VRI&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2661

Keep in mind these are roughly $50-55 on dans and empire. They are good rims, and I have never had issues with their lighter rim... the Sun Rhyno Lite XL.

I just bought 2 of those rims in that link a a few days ago : D

|

7/23/2013 9:35 PM

VinKreepo wrote:

I'm going to assume you cracked it near the joint? Quadrant's are pinned IIRC (someone correct me if I am wrong)... and pinned rims are extremely weak and prone to splitting at the joint. Welded rims FTW!

On another note, there are Sun Big Baller rims on eBay for $19.99 plus 10-11 in shipping. They are beefy, have eyelets, double walled,and welded. Plus that particular rim on eBay has machined sidewalls for better braking. Let me go find a link....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/380683294617?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:VRI&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2661

Keep in mind these are roughly $50-55 on dans and empire. They are good rims, and I have never had issues with their lighter rim... the Sun Rhyno Lite XL.

I just bought 2 of those rims in that link a a few days ago : D

This.

the quadrant has 4 pins though but still

|

7/23/2013 10:34 PM

well when i get the money i want to build an animal javelin hub to the animal rs rim are those good cause i dont know anybody that rides them.

|

treebmxer_222

7/24/2013 5:35 AM

Yeah, those are good. Demolition Zero rims would be nice too.

|

7/24/2013 5:52 AM

Fondue wrote:

Yeah, those are good. Demolition Zero rims would be nice too.

this... i havent had my demo rim for long but its stiffer then my old quadrant... i love it...

|

Deviant BMX store
Shirts and Iphone cases available soon! Check site for details!

7/24/2013 8:31 AM

Four wrote:

I cracked a primo in a bunch of different spots.

Totally thought this thread was gonna be about balance rims haha mine cracked all over the place

|

Albes Is Rad!!!
Bike Check
YouTube
Instagram
Blood Life
Signature Trick : Foot Plant Whip
future FBM wrote: Finally once we can share a momen
andyferly wrote: OneEyeIlluminatiGuy has spoken.
These bars are officially stupid.

7/24/2013 9:09 AM

jordonbmxer wrote:

well when i get the money i want to build an animal javelin hub to the animal rs rim are those good cause i dont know anybody that rides them.

They are good because no one rides them hmmmmmm.

|

Check out my youtube channel!! http://www.youtube.com/user/mikel8149