Craigslist lunacy game

Related:
Create New Tag

9/5/2015 9:52 PM

Anyone else enjoy finding delusional posts on Craigslist? Where people have parts or bikes described as "bmx" and either

1. want some ridiculous amount of money for what is largely their junk or
2. they don't really understand what they have, or think it's something it's not, or do a crappy job describing it.

I amuse myself figuring out what I would actually offer for this stuff vs. what they want and what I'd actually use in some way... yeah, I know tongue

My best example of this today would be this:
http://newlondon.craigslist.org/bop/5207531441.html

$700?? ermm For that load of Frankenstein craziness?

OK, I'd offer maybe $80, just for that partial bike in the 3rd pic on the ground with what I assume is a chrome Standard fork, and maybe a set of random rims with dirt tires, and I'd possibly keep one of those parts cabinets,
,,,and the rest could be lit on fire.

|

Frmrly BmxBos
Ref: Robinson79, aaron.samuel.green

9/5/2015 10:06 PM

I used to fuck with people like that. One guy wanted like $1300 for his "Custom top of the line bmx bike" with a stock frame & fork on it... Everything else was custom, but definitely not worth what he wanted for it. He was firm too, no OBO or anything.

So I messaged him asking if he'd take $175 and an uneaten banana... He replied with a whole paragraph telling me to go fuck myself with every other word being "Fuck" Pussy" and "Bitch" I forget if I replied though haha.

My favorite recent one I've seen though was the "Box" bike or one guy who put his "Custom Colt bike" when he meant Cult bike, and it even said Cult on the frame... Like really? haha.

|

9/5/2015 10:31 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

I used to fuck with people like that. One guy wanted like $1300 for his "Custom top of the line bmx bike" with a stock frame & fork on it... Everything else was custom, but definitely not worth what he wanted for it. He was firm too, no OBO or anything.

So I messaged him asking if he'd take $175 and an uneaten banana... He replied with a whole paragraph telling me to go fuck myself with every other word being "Fuck" Pussy" and "Bitch" I forget if I replied though haha.

My favorite recent one I've seen though was the "Box" bike or one guy who put his "Custom Colt bike" when he meant Cult bike, and it even said Cult on the frame... Like really? haha.

an uneaten banana love it...

I see lots of parents selling "Hard Bikes" [Haro] too
|

Frmrly BmxBos

9/6/2015 6:58 AM

This bike

That's a $150 bike. He even said it was all stock except the "profile raceing chainwheel"

I know for a fact this guy didn't ride it in any competitions. It's most likely stolen.
|

I haven't rode in forever so I suck and I have 2 Hondas. Follow me on Instagram @softtop2k.417

9/6/2015 7:05 AM

I just found this one too. They want $225 for a $130 dollar bike.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/24-DK-General-Lee-BMX-Bike-Orange/20658255

|

I haven't rode in forever so I suck and I have 2 Hondas. Follow me on Instagram @softtop2k.417

9/6/2015 8:35 AM

Shortdude wrote:

Nice! I also enjoyed the wally world description of that DK- apparently has 24.125" x 24" dirt-style BMX tires

|

Frmrly BmxBos

9/6/2015 9:54 AM

Shortdude wrote:

Charliekeet wrote:

Nice! I also enjoyed the wally world description of that DK- apparently has 24.125" x 24" dirt-style BMX tires

Ya they don't have a clue about bikes.

|

9/6/2015 4:54 PM

I like this one- price has been reduced to $200 now, but there will be "NO negotiations" with this boss.

And "Bike is about 20 pounds, and tires look to be 20 in but am not sure. I can take official measures upon request." whistling

http://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/bik/5163316763.html

|

Frmrly BmxBos

9/6/2015 7:40 PM

but them custom handlegrips tho

|

9/6/2015 11:17 PM

oahz24 wrote:

but them custom handlegrips tho

Yea people are fucking delusional on Craigslist.

|

9/8/2015 7:15 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/8/2015 7:26 AM

First bike in the second picture cleaned up COULD be worth a few hundred bucks actually, especially if it has the suicide shifter (aka Castrator) on it.

700 looks to be a lot, but there could be some pretty decent stuff hiding in there, maybe not new or fancy, but sought after by collectors and old farts trying to rebuild the bikes of their youth for their kids.

I helped a dude rebuild a bike his bro (who we later found out passed away) rode as a kid. It spent 30 years in a field mildly covered up. Took it apart, he had it painted original colors, and I cleaned it up as nice as we could (one of the rims was pretty haggard), steel wooled the rims and coated them so they were shiny again, overhauled the whole thing, fresh tires, tubes rim strips, grips and cables, and when he picked it up, he started to tear up because of the sentimental value the bike had.

He spent around 400 bucks with us alone, along with 100+ to have it painted.

THAT'S the best part of working at a shop. Seeing customers react like that to work you have done.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura