Crank Bolt always loose

Related:
Create New Tag

11/9/2013 12:34 PM

I have a pair of Macneil consplined cranks , love them. They hit my CS but when I tighten the crankbolt down it makes the cranks fit against the spindle so it doesn't hit by about a millimeter. Problem is , the non drive side crankbolt always comes loose ! I tighten it as much as I can , without it tightening my BB but it comes loose about every 2 sessions. Should I get locktight about see if that help? I don't wanna tighten it too much and seize my BB but I hate the stupid "clank" my cranks make when they hit my frame

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

11/9/2013 1:46 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/9/2013 1:47 PM

1. BB/spindle spacer
2. Go fuck yourself
3. I love you
3.5. Crank em down a bit, should be fine
4. Loctite if this doesn't work

Edit: don't fuck yourself, then you'll have another loosening problem that loctite won't help.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

11/9/2013 3:27 PM

I'm too lazy and poor for a spacer , plus I don't need one. Its just when when the crank is loose , it hits

If I crank them , they tighten my BB and I can't pedal much at all. They'll still come loose anyways

I might just buy loctite

|

My Cult 2 Short

11/9/2013 3:29 PM

get a bigger spacer and see if that works?

|

Check out my youtube channel!! http://www.youtube.com/user/mikel8149

11/9/2013 3:41 PM

I was going to post some sarcastic but friendly response about loctite, but tim beat me to it....

|

11/9/2013 5:36 PM

Try more spacers, and make sure your internal BB spacer is in there and is the correct size. if it's too short, it won't make contact with the bearings & won't spin right for one, and also it will rattle around in there and make more noise.

what crank do you have? if they're 48 spline ones, the splines could be wearing out and making it come loose. My old Fit cranks did that and came loose all the time so I wrapped the splines & bolt threads in plumber's tape & it fixed the problem temporarily. They still came loose but it wasn't so often

|

11/9/2013 6:22 PM

Read it? Consplined Cranks by Macneil , 48 splined.

I'll loctite it but I might just settle with tightening it past my preference. I always have extra Ezra cranks if mine don't wanna stay tight.

|

My Cult 2 Short

11/9/2013 6:30 PM

I'm tired, I read what crank they were then I guess while typing my reply I forgot I read it haha

|