Crank/Chainwheel problem, need some answers

Related:
Create New Tag

12/27/2011 8:56 PM

so this is what i am not sure about right now and i need a answer .
I have the animal akimbo cranks and my old fit Down low sprocket and the bolt that fits the hole because the animal cranks come with two sizes. The bigger bolt which is what i used even when tightened it manages to move back and forth and i can feel it when pedaling because it feels like a chain skip but it is my bolt for sure, so i was wondering a few things to why it would do this and if its the hole that the bolt goes thru on my sprocket because that one is pretty messed up and i was looking into a new one and i didnt want it to happen to my new sprocket when i get that one.

Thanks if you can help me, if any more info is needed just ask.

|

12/27/2011 9:18 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/27/2011 9:18 PM

You have the 22mm adapter in it?

|

12/27/2011 9:18 PM

tighten it again, i have the same cranks & i tightened it and it was barely tight but felt like the bolt was tight, even when it wasn't fully tightened it, just snug it up more & see if that works

|

12/27/2011 9:27 PM

iL0veMyBike wrote:

You have the 22mm adapter in it?

ya i do ima take it apart one more time and look into things but i do, and i have it tight as it can go without over tightning

|

12/27/2011 9:29 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

tighten it again, i have the same cranks & i tightened it and it was barely tight but felt like the bolt was tight, even when it wasn't fully tightened it, just snug it up more & see if that works

ya that does sorta help if i tighten my cranks and then re do my chain like loosen the wheel then tighten it again so m chain isnt too tight and i wont feel it but after a week or two it does it again.

|

12/27/2011 9:32 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

tighten it again, i have the same cranks & i tightened it and it was barely tight but felt like the bolt was tight, even when it wasn't fully tightened it, just snug it up more & see if that works

Skavenger69 wrote:

ya that does sorta help if i tighten my cranks and then re do my chain like loosen the wheel then tighten it again so m chain isnt too tight and i wont feel it but after a week or two it does it again.

just keep tightening it, new stuff tends to come loose the first few weeks in my experience, my cranks came slightly loose within the first few hours of actually riding them but they're nice & tight now

|

12/27/2011 9:41 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

tighten it again, i have the same cranks & i tightened it and it was barely tight but felt like the bolt was tight, even when it wasn't fully tightened it, just snug it up more & see if that works

Skavenger69 wrote:

ya that does sorta help if i tighten my cranks and then re do my chain like loosen the wheel then tighten it again so m chain isnt too tight and i wont feel it but after a week or two it does it again.

sundaybmxRR wrote:

just keep tightening it, new stuff tends to come loose the first few weeks in my experience, my cranks came slightly loose within the first few hours of actually riding them but they're nice & tight now

i do supose you are right, it does seem to me they take longer to loosen now a lot longer guess it just needs tightning, i wont worry about it then when i get a new chainwheel.

|

12/27/2011 9:43 PM

Skavenger69 wrote:

i do supose you are right, it does seem to me they take longer to loosen now a lot longer guess it just needs tightning, i wont worry about it then when i get a new chainwheel.

yeah once you get a new one it should be staying tight and you won't have to worry about it much anymore

|

12/27/2011 9:45 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

just keep tightening it, new stuff tends to come loose the first few weeks in my experience, my cranks came slightly loose within the first few hours of actually riding them but they're nice & tight now

Skavenger69 wrote:

i do supose you are right, it does seem to me they take longer to loosen now a lot longer guess it just needs tightning, i wont worry about it then when i get a new chainwheel.

sundaybmxRR wrote:

yeah once you get a new one it should be staying tight and you won't have to worry about it much anymore

alright thanks for the help bro

|

12/28/2011 6:12 AM

Check your sprocket for worn out bolt holes. If the hole has started to oval-ize its time for a new sprocket. Get the eastern medusa sprocket so that you have like 12 bolt holes!!!! but yeah, I had the sprocket bolt always coming loose on my stolen teams, so I made a washer out of a penny and it solved the problem.

|

I know this is a chain tool, but what am i gunna do wit' it?

12/28/2011 6:35 AM

weaver wrote:

Check your sprocket for worn out bolt holes. If the hole has started to oval-ize its time for a new sprocket. Get the eastern medusa sprocket so that you have like 12 bolt holes!!!! but yeah, I had the sprocket bolt always coming loose on my stolen teams, so I made a washer out of a penny and it solved the problem.

yes get the eastern thatll last you a year. one bolt hole a month. wink

|

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

12/28/2011 10:33 AM

haha ya ill think about not that its a bad sprocket but i always thought it was kinda ugly, people hate on eastern but not me thats not the case just dont wanna buy something i dont really desire to have :p

|