Crank Fit indent 24 mm vs Demolition rig 24mm

Related:
Create New Tag

12/20/2015 4:55 PM

which one would you take and why?

|

12/20/2015 5:18 PM

Out of those 2, the Fit Indents. I had the 19mm versions a few years ago for a couple years and had no issues with them aside from the splines wearing out after so long (Which all 48 spline cranks are susceptible to)

They were strong & held up fine for me. I'd personally just go with Odyssey Thunderbolts though.

|

12/20/2015 5:21 PM

Neither, 24mm cranks are silly. they're really 23.8mm for the regular sprocket thing.

Get Odyssey thunderbolts. Only reason I don't dig those sort of cranks is the fact that they realistically aren't much stronger (they're not) than 22mm Odyssey Thunders. I'v had some of that.

Out of the two, the Rig's have a better installation thing. It's like a 3/8 ratchet thing for the bolt which is a sick idea. They're probably both tough but they are heavier than the Indents. The boss less indents seem kinda nice weight wise.

Plus (this might've changed but I can't be bothered to look) the Indent's come in 165mm which is supposed to be really nice. I want try some. But again, thunders also do come in that length.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

12/20/2015 5:44 PM

thanks for advise, i was sure it was stronger 24mm

|

12/20/2015 5:47 PM

I have the 24 mm indents I love them , feel super solid

|

12/20/2015 7:56 PM

Rigs.

Dennis Enarson > Everyone

|

12/21/2015 6:51 AM

I ride a crank with 19 mm spindle since nearly 5 years with no issue so I don't really see the point of super hollow 24mm spindle, I mean.. there are theoretically stronger but the not cool thing is about the bearings, because they are thinner, It should be way more easier to blow them up.
Now, if I had to buy a new crank right now, I would get a good 22mm splindle, sounds like the good compromise for the best overall (cranks and bearings) strength.

|

12/21/2015 8:22 AM

Local has Rig cranks and holy fuck they're massive . They could survive the end of the world . Supposedly no one has ever broken them and if you do , Dennjs gives you a care package or something.

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

12/21/2015 9:21 AM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

Local has Rig cranks and holy fuck they're massive . They could survive the end of the world . Supposedly no one has ever ...more

thanks guys for your help, i took the demolition rig

|