Crank arm grinds on 19mm profile cranks okay? Or do i need 22mm?

Related:
Create New Tag

8/31/2015 2:52 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/31/2015 2:55 PM

I want to start learning crank arm grinds. Do you need 22mm cranks to do them?

Do 22mm cranks have stronger arms are is it just the spindle that's thicker and stronger?

I have 19mm profile race cranks and after reading through some posts, seems like people on these boards have mentioned breaking them and not necessarily even grinding with them.

|

8/31/2015 7:11 PM

You should be fine. Inb4 odyssey cranks

|

8/31/2015 9:03 PM

You can do it, but i highly recommend if you're gonna do them often getting some cranks that are rectangular. They are less likely to flex crack or bend and you can lock in better.

Here is a how to i did with my friends on them. It's mainly me rambling on about nonsense.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

8/31/2015 10:43 PM

MaximusBikes wrote:

You can do it, but i highly recommend if you're gonna do them often getting some cranks that are rectangular. They are less ...more

this. i miss my snafu 4130's

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

9/1/2015 1:03 AM

looks like my profiles are going on ebay. Wanna get the fit indent 2 piece.

|

9/1/2015 4:53 AM

I did crank arm grinds back in roughly 2005 on round arms. I didn't do them like kids do now though. Now kids lock in at an angle with the pedal hitting some, I was straight sideways on the crank arm only, doing them kinda like a boardslide.

I recall playing a kid in BMX because he was being one of those cocky lil brats being a lil turd, so I shut him down with a bar to tire tap, a bar to 540 tire tap, and a crank arm grind across most of a 16 foot long rail. He left and I don't recall seeing him ride much anymore. He started skating last I saw.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura