Crank arm slides can suck an egg

Related:
Create New Tag

7/6/2013 11:03 PM

I keep on fucking up on these. I got bb slides down, but i rarely even hit cranks. How do i hop and hit crank consistantly?

|

I ride for my papou.
Cats got 9 lives I got four.

7/6/2013 11:52 PM

practice
/thread

|

My Old* Steed

Click here and follow me :D
Twitterrr

7/7/2013 12:45 AM

Well part of grinding in general is aiming for the part you grind. I swing my back end put and pull over the rail and try to balance best i can! Haha be careful of looping out and be prepared to come off sideways!! Dont be discouraged, they dont come natural. Just find the balance. Either that or embrace the bb grind. That can be fun in its own way.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

7/7/2013 12:53 AM

MaximusBikes wrote:

Well part of grinding in general is aiming for the part you grind. I swing my back end put and pull over the rail and try to balance best i can! Haha be careful of looping out and be prepared to come off sideways!! Dont be discouraged, they dont come natural. Just find the balance. Either that or embrace the bb grind. That can be fun in its own way.

Lol. Im scared my sprocket will bend

|

I ride for my papou.

7/7/2013 1:43 AM

Hop
Spin 90
Land on crank
Slide
Hop off
Spin 90 to roll away straight

Look up Hamlins how to

|

I'm a punk bmxer, I can't do it well so I do it loud.

7/7/2013 2:02 PM

SickDude wrote:

Err.. well first off it will only bend if you really bash it. But i am a pro at bending back sprockets (yeah yeah it makes em weaker blah blah blah) but its better than not riding at all. Anyways if you do end up bending it just hit it with a hammer in the appropriate area. Haha But really man, its a BIKE you can replace stuff if it breaks if its only the sprocket you think will bend, get one of these
http://www.veinbmx.com/bmx-store-parts/Sprockets_2/EZRA-EQUIS-Sprocket
I have that sprocket, its cheap, and it can take one hell of a beating, trust me. haha Me and my friend both have em in 28t and they take a shit load of hits and not one bend! Look into it if you want a cheap, strong sprocket. But otherwise, you will be okay. They take time to learn, just dont fly at it. And this will sound and feel weird, but dont go slide it. Find whatever you are wanting to slide, just barely move and be next to it, then practice hopping onto the crank on the rail and try to balance it. It isnt too hard and can help. Then go and actually slide it.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

7/7/2013 2:13 PM

MaximusBikes wrote:

SickDude wrote:

MaximusBikes wrote:

Err.. well first off it will only bend if you really bash it. But i am a pro at bending back sprockets (yeah yeah it makes em weaker blah blah blah) but its better than not riding at all. Anyways if you do end up bending it just hit it with a hammer in the appropriate area. Haha But really man, its a BIKE you can replace stuff if it breaks if its only the sprocket you think will bend, get one of these
http://www.veinbmx.com/bmx-store-parts/Sprockets_2/EZRA-EQUIS-Sprocket
I have that sprocket, its cheap, and it can take one hell of a beating, trust me. haha Me and my friend both have em in 28t and they take a shit load of hits and not one bend! Look into it if you want a cheap, strong sprocket. But otherwise, you will be okay. They take time to learn, just dont fly at it. And this will sound and feel weird, but dont go slide it. Find whatever you are wanting to slide, just barely move and be next to it, then practice hopping onto the crank on the rail and try to balance it. It isnt too hard and can help. Then go and actually slide it.

Oh thanks! I lock it sometimes when it gets between crankarm and bb. I never use pedal becausse it feels off

|

I ride for my papou.

7/7/2013 2:25 PM

SickDude wrote:

Oh thanks! I lock it sometimes when it gets between crankarm and bb. I never use pedal becausse it feels off

Ahh yeah i just kinda keep more weight on that pedal so it doesnt push up.

|

7/7/2013 2:33 PM

MaximusBikes wrote:

Duuuude. That makes sense now, change your avatar on here so i dont get you moxed up with a newfag haha.

|

I ride for my papou.

7/7/2013 3:02 PM

SickDude wrote:

MaximusBikes wrote:

SickDude wrote:

Duuuude. That makes sense now, change your avatar on here so i dont get you moxed up with a newfag haha.

Yeah i should probably get on that XD haha i will!

|

7/7/2013 3:08 PM

MaximusBikes wrote:

Yeah i should probably get on that XD haha i will!

Make yours beavis

|

I ride for my papou.