Crank bolt problem

Related:
Create New Tag

11/24/2014 4:48 PM

I've just bought a new DJ bike and it came with BMX cranks, but no crank bolt.
The only problem is I've only ever ridden mtb so don't have a clue about any BMX stuff. There's no brand on them and all I know is that they're 2 piece and 48 spline and I'm fairly certain it's an m15 thread.

Photo

Photo

Anybody know what bolt I will need?

There's a thread in the crank arm as well so could it be a self extracting bolt?

Cheers, Sam

|

11/24/2014 4:56 PM

Post pics of the entire crank set and we may be able to tell you what they are.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

11/24/2014 5:19 PM

Are those 22mm

|

Testimony and apologies

I want everyone to know that Jesus Christ died on the cross for all of your sins, he went to hell for three days and defeated death and rose from the grave on the 3rd day.

instagram
What would Jesus say: I didn't die for you to live like this!

old edit

11/24/2014 6:05 PM

Cheers guys I'll take a few pictures now.

And yeah they're 22mm

|

11/24/2014 6:17 PM

Here's some more pictures...

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

|

11/24/2014 6:36 PM

Looks like profile gdh bolts will work.

|

Custom printed tees and decals! 716-708-5264

11/24/2014 6:44 PM

Looks fairly similar to my animals cranks spindle bolts thread pattern

|

Testimony and apologies

I want everyone to know that Jesus Christ died on the cross for all of your sins, he went to hell for three days and defeated death and rose from the grave on the 3rd day.

instagram
What would Jesus say: I didn't die for you to live like this!

old edit

11/24/2014 6:44 PM

agfracing wrote:

Looks like profile gdh bolts will work.

Profile uses standard (American) bolts. Considering majority of bmx parts are made over seas, they use metric bolts and would not be compatable with Profile bolts.
So since we don't know what cranks these are, the odds are in favor of them being made over seas and using metric bolts. But until we know what cranks they are, theres no way to know for sure.

The threads in the spindle boss have me baffled. Ive only ever seen that on my square spindle SunLite alloy cranks for cruisers.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

11/24/2014 10:07 PM

This might fit

http://www.danscomp.com/products-PARTS/455151/Fly_Bikes_Flush_Spindle_Bolt.html

I had Animal Akimbo cranks & the spindle bolt hole looks about what yours is, and I know for sure the Fly bolt fit the Animal cranks, so they should also fit your crank. SHOULD. Try going to a hardware store & see if you can find a bolt to fit it, then see if the bolt has the thread pattern written on a tag or something anywhere, then buy a proper bolt of the same thread unless you can find one at a hardware store that looks flush enough.

|

11/25/2014 9:00 AM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Profile uses standard (American) bolts. Considering majority of bmx parts are made over seas, they use metric bolts and would ...more

I don't think that crank goes with that spindle. The threads on the inside of the arm are so you can pull of the crank arm with the same tool you use on mtb with square spindles, however the spindle needs to not be hallow or barely hallow. Just what I'm noticing though.

|

11/25/2014 9:21 AM

This is the tool I used on a pair of cranks like that that were also 22mm and 48sd
Photo

But it had a way smaller drilled out hole on the spindle and used a bolt like this.
Photo

So idk. I know none of this helps you find the size you need. I would go to lbs and ask them, they should be able to narrow it down.

Good luck.

|