Crank for Hyper bike?

Related:
Create New Tag

11/19/2011 9:47 AM

My son has one of those Donnie Robinson Hyper bikes, and bent the right side crank.

I don't know the length of the crank, but the sprocket is a 44t.

He just plays around on it in dirt lots, some skatepark stuff, and rides it to school. I'm looking for an inexpensive yet durable replacement (the whole bike was only $100 to being with), but am not sure where to begin. There are so many more options than when I was into bikes.

Suggestions appreciated.

|

11/19/2011 10:00 AM

I have an extra old crank arm that will probably fir if you would like it? 1-810-407-0425 text me or call, send a pic of the cranks and we could probably work something out!

|

BROC RAIFORD BIKE CHECK
Gucci Bike check BURRR
Lee_Rager, Beastassdick, Dolphin, scram hype, BMX4thahaters,Ron44ald,future FBM, NickRidesAlot
Matt at Randy Wise

11/19/2011 10:06 AM

If he really seems to enjoy bmx and seems like he is going to stick with it, you might just consider geting him a nicer bike?

|

Swoop it motherfuckas

11/19/2011 10:10 AM

Austin_Read wrote:

If he really seems to enjoy bmx and seems like he is going to stick with it, you might just consider geting him a nicer bike?

that is probably a better idea than fixing it. Just get a nice fit complete off dans or something?

|

BROC RAIFORD BIKE CHECK
Gucci Bike check BURRR
Lee_Rager, Beastassdick, Dolphin, scram hype, BMX4thahaters,Ron44ald,future FBM, NickRidesAlot
Matt at Randy Wise

11/19/2011 10:44 AM

Between motocross, judo, wrestling and boxing, he's way too busy to add BMX as another sport (and I'm not sure I could financially handle it blush ). We've been out to the local tracks, and he enjoyed it, but he's not driven to be the next big thing in that sport. He's just having fun on the bike, nothing serious. Certainly if he starts getting more into it I'll find a way to invest in a better bike, but for now he's fine with what he has.

|

11/19/2011 2:35 PM

Then i would suggest your local craigslist dude. I mean it doesn't make a lot of sence to put 50-100 dollar cranks on a bike that cost you only like 100. You find some good deals on craigs.

|

Swoop it motherfuckas

11/19/2011 5:29 PM

http://www.veinbmx.com/Parts/Cranks_2/Amber-Sepher-3pc-Cranks_2 and a bottom bracket if the bike doesn't have a sealed bottom bracket

|

twitter

PROBZ

11/19/2011 5:40 PM

BJ Tomczik wrote:

http://www.veinbmx.com/Parts/Cranks_2/Amber-Sepher-3pc-Cranks_2 and a bottom bracket if the bike doesn't have a sealed bottom bracket

This if anything.

|

Noah Farver

717-679-7588 Text me if you need me.

[LINK TO IMAGE]

11/19/2011 5:41 PM

BJ Tomczik wrote:

Nike iD wrote:

This if anything.

ya i agree

|

I MADE YOU A COOKIE ,BUT I ATE IT (PERSON1)

F*CK YOU(PERSON2)

11/19/2011 6:14 PM

My oldest son has a hyper, and the 3 piece crank arms appear to be aluminium. When it comes to walmart bikes, it seems like the inexpensive way to go at first, until parts start breaking. He hasnt broken anything yet, but the highest thing he has gone off of is the curb. If anything breaks, we will be on our way to the lbs, because it will be cheaper to get a good bike than to replace each part as it breaks.

|

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.

11/19/2011 8:59 PM

Yes the cranks are aluminum. He bent it landing horizontally at the local skate park.

How do I determine if the bottom bracket is "sealed"? Does that mean there are just sealed bearings in there?
In looking at the Vein site, there seem to be 3 or so different types of bottom brackets, how can I tell the difference so the correct parts are ordered?

|

11/19/2011 9:56 PM

Its tough to tell from the photo on Hyper and Wal-mart's site

Best bet is an 'american' bottom bracket (bb) simply because it is the cheapest. Vein sells sealed american bb's on their website. The only other way we could tell was if you could post a picture of it and there is a chance we could identify it

|

twitter

PROBZ

11/19/2011 10:25 PM

i seen one at walmart it was american unsealed, i have a haro 3piece unsealed hed never brake would sell it cheap, bearings, spacers, spindle, arms n pedals

|

i will never die, my world will only end...[[[REFS,,, showtime402, _brendan

11/20/2011 7:08 AM

These guys are right. Its an american unsealed. At least one of these guys has some he will part with, or you can drop $100 on some from your lbs. You may want to take it by there anyway just to get an estimate. They might have something just laying around they can hook you up with for very little money. The good ones know if they hook someone up once they can recieve a customer for life. Good luck with the crank issue.

|

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.

11/20/2011 11:32 AM

It looks like the cranks are 170mm long, and I noticed that the sprocket is not driven by a lug on the side of the crank arm. I'm guessing that it must be splined and be driven by the spindle. The bottom bracket bearing assembly does look exactly like the ones I grew up with, non-sealed.

I've shot a couple PM's and left v-mails for vital members, hopefully we can figure something out.

|