Crank issue

Related:
Create New Tag

8/15/2019 3:48 PM

I know most of y’all that actually ride have probably experience this and i was wondering if someone has a solution

My profile column cranks are tight evenly placed on the spindle but they still have up and down movement to them

|

Testimony and apologies

I want everyone to know that Jesus Christ died on the cross for all of your sins, he went to hell for three days and defeated death and rose from the grave on the 3rd day.

instagram
What would Jesus say: I didn't die for you to live like this!

old edit

8/15/2019 3:53 PM

OneGuyIlluminatiEye wrote:

I know most of y’all that actually ride have probably experience this and i was wondering if someone has a solution

My profile column cranks are tight evenly placed on the spindle but they still have up and down movement to them

Add a spacer on the non-drive side.

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

8/15/2019 5:18 PM

p1p1092 wrote:

That would make the cranks un even lol

|

Testimony and apologies

I want everyone to know that Jesus Christ died on the cross for all of your sins, he went to hell for three days and defeated death and rose from the grave on the 3rd day.

instagram

old edit

8/15/2019 6:14 PM

Are your splines rounded?

|

8/15/2019 6:35 PM

Bulletpup wrote:

Are your splines rounded?

Not sure, but i just rotated my crank arms to new positions and its seemed to work, I’ll leave an update after i ride tomorrow since I’ll be doing a 30+ mile ride should be enough to tell if it worked

|

Testimony and apologies

instagram

old edit

8/15/2019 6:41 PM

So re-center them.

|

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

8/16/2019 3:55 AM

p1p1092 wrote:

p1p1092 wrote:

So re-center them.

Impossible, if i added a spacer one side would have more of a gap from the chainstay lol

|

Testimony and apologies

instagram

old edit

8/16/2019 6:31 AM

Impossible, if i added a spacer one side would have more of a gap from the chainstay lol

Ah, I thought you meant the spacing on the spindle. Get 2 thin washers and put one on either side, although, it may mess with your chainline a little.

|

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

- Hunter S. Thompson

8/16/2019 7:30 AM

p1p1092 wrote:

So re-center them.

p1p1092 wrote:

Ah, I thought you meant the spacing on the spindle. Get 2 thin washers and put one on either side, although, it may mess with your chainline a little.

I didn't need to add any spacers, rotating the cranks on the spindle seemed to work my bikes back to feeling solid, now all i have to do is find some good grease to squeeze inside my hub so the clutch doesn’t make this annoying clicking noise after i pedal

|

Testimony and apologies

instagram

old edit

8/16/2019 10:23 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/16/2019 10:23 AM

I didn't need to add any spacers, rotating the cranks on the spindle seemed to work my bikes back to feeling solid, now all i have to do is find some good grease to squeeze inside my hub so the clutch doesn’t make this annoying clicking noise after i pedal

If you don't have enough spacers, they'll loosen again.

|

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

- Hunter S. Thompson