Crank place noises.

Related:
Create New Tag

7/10/2013 5:24 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/10/2013 5:29 PM

I took my bike apart and washed all of the parts because it was dirty, my cranks or sprocket didn't make any noises before, when i putted the bike together and when i rode it, it started to make some weird noises in the crank or sprocket area i got no idea what is making the noises but when ever i put pressure down the pedal when i'm riding it it makes weird ass noises. can anyone help me out with this thanks.

|

7/10/2013 5:27 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/10/2013 5:27 PM

It would help if they knew what cranks you have and if they are sealed or not.

|

7/10/2013 5:30 PM

bloghogs wrote:

It would help if they knew what cranks you have and if they are sealed or not.

It was somewhere in the crank., sprocket area and the cranks are verde 2012 i dont think they are sealed.

|

7/10/2013 6:44 PM

Well first take the cranks 100% apart including taking the spindle out of the BB put grease all over the splines of the cranks and the entire spindle. Put the spindle back into the BB (bottom bracket) and put the cranks back on and tighten them down. Make sure the dust covers are facing the right way and tighten the sprocket bolt down nice and tight. If it still squeaks, lube the chain. If it is still squeaking after all that just ride it anyways. Or if it is annoying enough it may even be the Bottom Bracket bearings, if so remove the BB bearings. Take the seals off the bearing and be careful not to damage either seal. Place the Bearings in a bowl of rubbing alcohol and clean them and then take grease and grease the crap out of them and put the seals back on and put the bearings back into the frame. If it still squeaks it may be the pedals or something. If it is just buy new whatever it is squeaking.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

7/10/2013 6:49 PM

Get a sealsd bb and you'll be good american sealed

|

Bang Bang bmx

7/10/2013 7:01 PM

Did you regrease it after you cleaned the parts?

|

7/10/2013 7:50 PM

brianoob wrote:

Did you regrease it after you cleaned the parts?

Yes.

|

7/10/2013 8:52 PM

I'm having the same exact problem with my 2012 verde!!!
My bottom bracket makes a click noise and at some point in the rotation of the crank, the bb hesitates. I just bought a new bottom bracket.
And my cranks make squeaky noises now! I'm going to try cleaning them and greasing the shit out of the spindle and the cranks and see if it fixes the problem,.

|

Why be the same when you can be different?
Official Vital Buddy: Chrisaustin

7/10/2013 10:28 PM

Grease the spindle, and tighten after a few hours of riding then again the next day. Took my SICs forever but they finally stopped squeaking.

|

In midschool bike rides you.