Crank questions

Related:
Create New Tag

4/10/2017 4:30 PM

Hey everyone, My threading is stripped on my crank that im using currently, a pedal wont even screw onto it. I have a prebuilt Sunday Blueprint 2016, I was looking at Saltplus groove cranks, I believe it comes with BB, If not, is there a specific BB size i need? also is there a chance it wont fit my bike? Are these cranks worth the money compared to the complete bike cranks?

|

4/10/2017 4:58 PM

Find out and see what crank spindle size it is , most likely 19mm or 22mm . If it's a 22mm and you had 19mm , you'll need a new BB to accommodate it . Also most sprockets are 24mm and have adapters for 22mm and 19mm spindles , but some are a specific size , so find out and see .

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

4/10/2017 5:30 PM

They come with a 19mm Mid BB, the exact same as the stock one on your bike. They should work fine.

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

4/10/2017 5:46 PM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

Find out and see what crank spindle size it is , most likely 19mm or 22mm . If it's a 22mm and you had 19mm , you'll need a ...more

This. As a complete, it is a 19mm, with an 8 spline spindle.

As long as you get something 19mm you will be fine.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

4/10/2017 6:43 PM

p1p1092 wrote:

They come with a 19mm Mid BB, the exact same as the stock one on your bike. They should work fine.

Actually, the Sunday blueprint had an unsealed American bottom bracket.

|

Pegless and coaster is ultimate zen

4/10/2017 7:18 PM

DanTheBikerMan wrote:

Actually, the Sunday blueprint had an unsealed American bottom bracket.

Quoting: http://www.sundaybikes.com/bikes/archive/2016-completes/blueprint/2016-blueprint-silver/

FRAME: 20” TT, Hi Ten Steel
FORK: 2PC Steerer tube, Welded Pre-load bolt
HANDLEBAR: Sunday 28.5” Width, 9” Rise, 12° Back, 4° Upsweep
STEM: Sunday Freeze Front-load Stem 48mm
HEADSET: Traditional 1-1/8”
HEADSET CAP: Alloy Cap w/ star nut
BRAKE: Odyssey Springfield
BRAKE CABLE: Odyssey Quik Slic
BRAKE LEVER: Alloy
GRIPS: Odyssey Aaron Ross Boss
SEAT: Sunday Cloud Seat and Post combo
SEAT POST: Integrated
SEAT CLAMP: Integrated
SPROCKET: Sunday, 25T, steel
CRANKS: 170mm, 3-piece, Chromoly RHD
BB PARTS: 19mm sealed Mid
PEDALS: Wellgo Plastic
RIMS: 20” rim, 36H
FRONT HUB: Sunday, 36H, Low-flange, Loose-ball
REAR HUB: Sunday, 36H, Unsealed Cassette, 9T
SPOKES: Steel Black
TIRES: Sunday Current 20 x 2.4” (F & R)
CHAIN: KMC Z-410

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

4/10/2017 7:56 PM

Ohhhh I thought it was a 2017 Sunday blueprint, my bad. That one comes with an unsealed American bottom bracket

|

Pegless and coaster is ultimate zen

4/11/2017 10:50 AM

Are you turning the pedal the correct way? If the thread is just a little messed up you might get away with chasing it with a tap

|

4/11/2017 12:23 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

Are you turning the pedal the correct way? If the thread is just a little messed up you might get away with chasing it with a ...more

yep, the pedals are marked Left and Right. The Left pedal (non-drive side) screws in COUNTER-CLOCKWISE!

One way to remember is that the pedal wrench turns towards the front of the bike, on both sides, right or left pedal.
|